2024 AJ Hairston 3* QB from Monarch [Best 24 QB in SFL?]

lindend

Money, its gotta be da shoes!
Premium
24 QB Aj Hairston from Monarch offered. First D1 offer. Absolutely no comments on him on CIS and there's no offers at all in his 247 timeline.

@Geo305 says he's the #1 QB in South Florida. @Stevo365 says he's the best in FL.

Again, I ask, if this is true, how is it possible there's no discussion on him on CIS and no offers?

Last edited:
Advertisement
I’m not saying he’s a future NFL star or anything (I haven’t seen him live to judge), but he checks some of the same boxes as low-ranked recruits like Josh Allen, Justin Herbert and Pat Mahomes.

Multisport kid who plays football, basketball and baseball. 3.9 GPA. 6’3+ with a big arm on tape. Highly productive at 68%, 3,217 yards, 32 TDs and 6 INTs.

Six South Florida QBs started games last year in the NFL. Jordan Travis and Michael Pratt tore it up in college. None went to Miami. That trend needs to stop.

I'm just saying from watching him live and such there's a reason he hasn't been offered by anyone. Schools are down here all the time and a 6-3 QB with those stats with no offers should tell you all that you need to know. I'd take Bailey, Posse and Belfort over him all day and I don't even like 2 of those 3. I'm never one to **** on kids but IMO this is a bad offer and a bit of a head scratcher.

Advertisement
Kid looks pretty good. Prototype build, live arm, athletic, film shows plays being made against some good to great squads. I wouldn't make him the local priority over C.J. Bailey tho. But I wouldn't be mad if he's a Cane by the end of the '24 cycle...

I'm just saying from watching him live and such there's a reason he hasn't been offered by anyone. Schools are down here all the time and a 6-3 QB with those stats with no offers should tell you all that you need to know. I'd take Bailey, Posse and Belfort over him all day and I don't even like 2 of those 3. I'm never one to **** on kids but IMO this is a bad offer and a bit of a head scratcher.
I defer to you because you’ve actually seen him live. What don’t you like about his game?

I defer to you because you’ve actually seen him live. What don’t you like about his game?

His throwing mechanics are cringe. He has a strong arm that helps him through those on the deep ball at the high school level but he's putting the ball 25 feet in the air. He's also a one read QB that everything is pre snap which is why several of those highlights should've been picks as you can see. That being said you can't teach his measurables. Admittedly I'm probably a little overly critical of the kid because Belfort isn't currently being recruited by us and it's frustrating.

was going to post about him during spring because he put up stats.

Hes at Monarch...no 1 recruits out of Monarch really as the Northern end of the county is the worst football other than deerfield or ely at times.

Locally he is top 3 qb in S.fla. This s.fla qb class is likely better size wise than last year..might be more div 1 kids in this class though.

I would be on CJ Bailey over him though honestly...Bailey has big time cache with kid we want and need.

Advertisement
Im thinking with the way QBs are now using the transfer portal its a good idea to sprinkle in some under developed / less recruited guys as a second option in a lot of classes. Find the ones with measurable and high upside who understand they need to put some work in before hitting the field at D1 level.

That way you can at least build some continuity and development at the position, manage the roster better and have a bench + decent scout team. If you only bring in only highly recruited studs they will just keep transferring out if they are not starting by year 2.

He throws the ball like a pitcher, he's got those Colin Kaepernick mechanics

Pass
20230216_002338.jpg

Last edited:
There’s some good qbs in Florida this year you got the local stars in CJ Bailey along with AJ Hairston, and even Jadyn Glasser at South Plantation.

I also like James Resar at Bishop Kenny (committed to Iowa), he maybe the most athletic of the group. And Jesse Winslette from Choctawatchee. He throws some pretty passes but imo his production could be better but the kid can throw.

Advertisement
Far from an expert but I see two things I hate in a throwing motion. Low ball on the wind up, and push throwing motion for a low release.

If we get him I think he will have a major throwing motion adjustment and who knows how quick, or if he will be ready when it is his turn.

Advertisement
was going to post about him during spring because he put up stats.

Hes at Monarch...no 1 recruits out of Monarch really as the Northern end of the county is the worst football other than deerfield or ely at times.

Locally he is top 3 qb in S.fla. This s.fla qb class is likely better size wise than last year..might be more div 1 kids in this class though.

I would be on CJ Bailey over him though honestly...Bailey has big time cache with kid we want and need.
That's about where I put him. C.J. and Vitor's kid are better to me. I wish Davi would crack 6' so things can pick up with the home team...

Advertisement
Back