Ahmmon Richards commits (2016)

His highlights are very impressive....he runs very smooth and makes great cuts....Love the pick-up

Advertisement
WELCOME TO THE U!

I like what I see. Kid is ball hawk. First clip of a pick had me thinking a little on MR Ed Reed. Put him on D. It has been forever since we had scroing threat on D. We need to get that scoring in all three areas back on this team. This kid is thinking TD every play. WELCOME TO THE U young man.

So what positions would that be?

Watching his highlights my guess is free safety.

There is no way he not a WR dude is awesome with the ball in his hands.
i agree with you the kid is electric with the ball in his hands but he looks like a real good ball hawking safety to me aswell

If he can add about 10-15 pounds then i would have to agree. he didnt do any tackling though. we would need to see that.

kid hasn't played a snap as a junior, time will tell.

Seven of our eight recruits are nationally ranked on ESPN and all of them are in the top 200. People will say stars don't matter but perception is reality and stars matter if to no one else but the recruits. Kids want to be in a loaded class. The best part is these kids all show up on film. I don't see many kids that don't deserve their early ratings. What a start for 2016

Amen. 2016 is on fire. If this carries over to the big uglies on the two lines, it will be a Bama level class.

Advertisement
Very fluid and has that ability to out run you. Nothing with him is very sudden though, no sudden moves or anything, just looks like he moves out of the way effortlessly. Reminds me of what Coley was coming out of high school actually, just looks pretty much as fluid and agile as him.

Kid is a **** of a football player in all three phases of the game. Just get him to the U and figure out where he best fits later on. Future baller at the U in my opinion!

Advertisement
I don't know if you guys have noticed, but every commit thus far for the 2016 class is from Florida. Refreshing to see us keeping the talent home (although 2016 signing day is far away).

Advertisement
I'll say it... the kid reminds me of Calvin Ridley. But his route running and YAC is amazing! Probably the best I've seen this year and he's just heading into his junior season...yikes! If he gets bigger, faster and stronger there's no way he plays anything other than WR.

Brennan Carroll @brennanpcarroll · 1m
#WelcomeToTheU Special Guest @TheRock to help with this one!! #tbt circa 2001 #WWF>WWE… http://instagram.com/p/qwm2YrHIyw/

Off topic but saw this morning that The Rock is the second highest paid actor making more than $50 mil in a single year. The Hollywood Canes alone could build us a stadium...or join forces in The Expendables Part 9. C'mon Stallone, recognize Ray Liotta's potential as an action star!

Back to Ahmmon. Let's go ahead and change that to "AWEman" or "AWWW!Man".

Last edited:
Advertisement
With Richards’ decision, Miami has now received commitments from seven four-star 2016 recruits. According to 247 Sports, the Hurricanes currently have the top 2016 class in the country.
“We want to change the program,” Richards said of Miami’s 2016 recruiting class. “We want to be remembered like the other great players that played there. We want to put Miami back on the national radar.”
Richards, who will be a junior in the fall, caught 29 passes for 468 yards and three touchdowns in 2013. As a sophomore, he also recorded four interceptions and returned one kickoff for a touchdown.
At 6-foot-2, 172-pounds, Richards brings a mix of size and speed to the wide receiver position. He dropped just three passes last season.
“I don’t really drop passes,” Richards said. “When I get the ball, I can make a big play. It can be a slant and I’ll turn it into a touchdown. I’m versatile. You can slide me anywhere.”
Although verbal commitments are not binding, Richards is not planning on visiting any other schools in the near future.
“As of right now, I’m solid on the Miami Hurricanes,” he said. “It’s all about the ‘U.’”

I can tell you this. after watching him at DB he does not like to hit or get hit as WR. he is a playmaker and needs the ball in his hands.

340.gif

With Richards’ decision, Miami has now received commitments from seven four-star 2016 recruits. According to 247 Sports, the Hurricanes currently have the top 2016 class in the country.
“We want to change the program,” Richards said of Miami’s 2016 recruiting class. “We want to be remembered like the other great players that played there. We want to put Miami back on the national radar.”
Richards, who will be a junior in the fall, caught 29 passes for 468 yards and three touchdowns in 2013. As a sophomore, he also recorded four interceptions and returned one kickoff for a touchdown.
At 6-foot-2, 172-pounds, Richards brings a mix of size and speed to the wide receiver position. He dropped just three passes last season.
“I don’t really drop passes,” Richards said. “When I get the ball, I can make a big play. It can be a slant and I’ll turn it into a touchdown. I’m versatile. You can slide me anywhere.”
Although verbal commitments are not binding, Richards is not planning on visiting any other schools in the near future.
As of right now, I’m solid on the Miami Hurricanes,” he said. “It’s all about the ‘U.’”

Advertisement
Back