Ahmmon Richards commits (2016)

Advertisement
Other positions? Its only July 2014 and already got 2 stud LBs and a franchise QB....

Yes, are you aware of the other positions?

Here is a good example, we just lost 2 LBs (Figs and Blue) and 1 DB (Dortch). Perhaps we should get other positions besides WR and QB.

What can be done about it until a kid who has two more seasons of high school ball decides to pull the trigger? What are you suggesting? They're not recruiting other positions and only paying attention to WRs and QBs? If you don't believe that to be the case express your concerns to the kids at other positions that you'd like to see commit.

I'm suggesting that we need to focus MORE on other areas. Do you not understand? It seems like a simple concept.

What does the bold mean?

Go tell the kids you want to commit to pull the trigger is what it means. That is the only reason you don't see other positions committed. Those kids haven't decided yet.

But it does appear that you believe there is too much of a focus being placed on WR and QB even though there are 2 big time LBs committed who I believe committed before the WRs. Going by your logic, they got the two big time LBs to commit and forgot about anything else besides WR and that is why this string of guys has committed.

Advertisement
You're talking about the class of 2016, right? This fan base is un****inbelievable.

No, just in general.

What is un****inbelievable? Am I wrong? Are the only 2 positiosn WR and QB? Oh my bad.

Yeah because we need a 2016 LB commit to make up for losing a JR 2014 LB. Sounds legit.

Your right because there is no class in between NOW and 2016. It does sound legit.

2015 called and says hello!

love the film. Taken as an ATH, but this kid will be a DB at next level and a good one.

Advertisement
I'm suggesting that we need to focus MORE on other areas. Do you not understand? It seems like a simple concept.

What does the bold mean?

A commit in area A means no focus on area B?

HYPERBOLE. I believe I said "to focus MORE on other areas" but let me know.

A commit in area A means that the staff is not focused enough in area B?

EXAGGERATION. You have no idea the focus of the staff. And a commitment in one area is not a specific indicator of focus.

Advertisement
You're talking about the class of 2016, right? This fan base is un****inbelievable.

No, just in general.

What is un****inbelievable? Am I wrong? Are the only 2 positiosn WR and QB? Oh my bad.

Yeah because we need a 2016 LB commit to make up for losing a JR 2014 LB. Sounds legit.

Your right because there is no class in between NOW and 2016. It does sound legit.

2015 called and says hello!

I know, I realized there was a 2015 class as well.

Let me know when the following are added to the class:

2 DT, 3 LB and 4 DB

Love his film. The 2016 class looks incredible so far.

I think everyone would agree on this. We just would like to see OTHER POSITIONS as well.

This is what is un****inbelievable....someone makes a comment about loving the 2016 class. You want to see other positions. It's a year and a half away for 2016. He did not mention 2015. He did not mention anything except for 2016. You're complaining about a class 18 mos out.

Other positions? Its only July 2014 and already got 2 stud LBs and a franchise QB....

Yes, are you aware of the other positions?

Here is a good example, we just lost 2 LBs (Figs and Blue) and 1 DB (Dortch). Perhaps we should get other positions besides WR and QB.

One of the sillier things I have ever heard.

Your post, rephrased: We should not be focusing on keeping elite athletes, regardless of position, at home, but instead should only be focusing on certain positions 18 months out from NSD because we just lost 2 special teamers and a maybe-maybe not starter.

If you're going to complain, have something with complaining about. Lord knows there is plenty.

Advertisement
Get commit. Complain. Repeat.

Why?

1. Congratulates the recruit's choice.

2. Recruit seems to be a WR (would be the 7th in 2015 + 2016 combined)

3. States that we need to focus more on defense.

People get upset about the truth.

The truth is you have no idea regarding the recruiting focus. We need more defensive talent and commits, but that does not mean the staff is not focused there or that you should insert negativity into a positive thread. And that is what you are doing. Repeatedly.

What does the bold mean?

A commit in area A means no focus on area B?

HYPERBOLE. I believe I said "to focus MORE on other areas" but let me know.

A commit in area A means that the staff is not focused enough in area B?

EXAGGERATION. You have no idea the focus of the staff. And a commitment in one area is not a specific indicator of focus.

But Angry Ibis knows all. Let me tell you what I see.

Between 2015 and 2016 (as it stands) we have 7 WR commits in place (let's count Richards as a WR).

A commitment in one area may not be a "specific indicator" of focus. Perhaps though since we have SO MANY WRs on board, we can expect our staff to limit the WRs coming (unless we WiFo) into the class and bring in other areas.

Considering we don't run a spread offense, is it okay to question our focus on all the other positions?

Advertisement
Back