Ahmmon Richards commits (2016)

I had to bump this thread!

Kyle Libard had stated that AR15’s money position was gonna be DB in college. You can’t make this stuff up.

Kid has always been dynamite with the ball in his hands.

Could he have been an outstanding DB? Yes, in my opinion. He is just that gifted.

But to say that his “MONEY” position was gonna be DB was pretty ridiculous.

Also, very low number of upvotes when he first commited.

I was wrong but (here comes me qualifying me being wrong) my comment was made about a year and a half out from him signing & when we had a bunch of 2016 WRs so it seemed they wanted him at db to keep the numbers balanced - similar to rudolph.

Glad hes on offense right now haha

Honestly I didn't think much of Richards but I didn't see him enough to really judge. He just didn't look very explosive the few times I saw him. I'm not saying Langham type ability, just wasn't sure he could live up to his lofty status.

Man was I wrong.

Advertisement
Ahmmon Richards Stats in One Game

3 Rec 106 Yrds 1 TD

Calvin Ridley in 5 Games

24 Rec 322 Yrds 2 TDs

Tyrie Cleveland in 5 Games

15 Rec 326 Yrds 2 TDs

Richards is too **** good and efficient.

Incredible how underrated Richards was in high school. Everyone in Florida knew he was a stud by the services did not rate him accordingly. For example:

The top WR in the class was #18 in the country a guy that plays for ASU N'Keal Harry his stats last year:

58 659 5tds

Ahmmon Richards:
49 934 3tds

basically Richards out gained him with less receptions. Even though he was a 4 star prospect on Rivals he was not Rivals 250 prospect. Among the players that were ahead of him were one

Sam Bruce (47) and Dionte Mullins (132)

It seems we got the best WR in the nation that year and a future top 10-15 pick easy.

meanwhile Jerry jeudy through 5 games : 5 receptions 107 yds 1 tD

I do not know if that is by design , because Saban focuses on the run game and Ridley is the main guy, but still it seems like even their go to guy Ridley from the post above pales in comparison to our Ahmmon Richards.

Incredible how underrated Richards was in high school. Everyone in Florida knew he was a stud by the services did not rate him accordingly. For example:

The top WR in the class was #18 in the country a guy that plays for ASU N'Keal Harry his stats last year:

58 659 5tds

Ahmmon Richards:
49 934 3tds

basically Richards out gained him with less receptions. Even though he was a 4 star prospect on Rivals he was not Rivals 250 prospect. Among the players that were ahead of him were one

Sam Bruce (47) and Dionte Mullins (132)

It seems we got the best WR in the nation that year and a future top 10-15 pick easy.

meanwhile Jerry jeudy through 5 games : 5 receptions 107 yds 1 tD

I do not know if that is by design , because Saban focuses on the run game and Ridley is the main guy, but still it seems like even their go to guy Ridley from the post above pales in comparison to our Ahmmon Richards.

Comparing guys doesn't really work because they get different opportunities. So much has to do with scheme, team strengths, and personnel. No doubt AR has been an incredible addition to the team, but some of these other guys might have looked better had they come to Miami. Maybe JJ would get more balls tossed his way (lol), maybe another coach would have let Bruce slide and he'd have balled (doubtful), maybe Mullins would have been an immediate starter on a team with less talent. You just never know.

That said, I have to agree that AR was underrated.

He looks too stiff to be a WR. He looks like a safety.

I doubt he would start over Sam Bruce, Dionte Mullins, Snealson, Berrios, Tyre Brady, Darrell Langham, D'Mauri Jones, Terrell chatman, and if they commit, (Calvin Ridley & Devante Peete, Newblood, & Freddie Pinder). That's a lot of competition.

Jesu christo, I found a second sig

Advertisement
Thought he was a safety until his senior year.....i know i know i was on drugs........i knew by that senior year he was special i tell u that much

Gotta get baby bro too.
Tonight's game
Anthony Richards had a 20-yard touchdown run for the Wolverines in the fourth quarter.
Also had a catch on 2 pt conversion.
Wellington lost to Palm Beach Central

Advertisement
He looks too stiff to be a WR. He looks like a safety.

I doubt he would start over Sam Bruce, Dionte Mullins, Snealson, Berrios, Tyre Brady, Darrell Langham, D'Mauri Jones, Terrell chatman, and if they commit, (Calvin Ridley & Devante Peete, Newblood, & Freddie Pinder). That's a lot of competition.

uzS2E9c.gif

Advertisement
I was super wrong on this one till late. I was convinced he was a safety till almost the end of his senior season. I'm like ok this kids a wr.....I knew Bruce was trash and Richards was the stud

Advertisement
This is what I was referring to when I was question about AR in other threads. The problem with CIS is whenever you say something that was contrary to what somebody else was saying that person gets upset and comes at you.
We have to understand that sometimes some skill sets are obvious to some people and sometimes they’re not. Everyone can be wrong. The problem with CIS is when somebody’s right they automatically wanna jump on their high horse and when they’re wrong they automatically want to come at the person who is challenging that.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Including me who never played the game and really isn’t that much of a film analyst.
I really thought AR was going to be special. A lot of people thought AR was slow but it was really because it was so smooth and long strided. But hey I also thought Sam Bruce was going to be the next Antonio Brown.
I wanted to take the Columbus running back over rooster.
I think some of y’all are wearing Mr. Magoo glasses when you’re looking at Cody Brown and saying he’s not that good.
Let’s hope the team and not some poster like myself get it right more than we get do.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back