After we lose to Bama next year...

November 28, 1998: Miami (7-2) loses to Syracuse (7-3), 13-66
October 7, 2000: Texas (3-1) loses to Oklahoma (4-0), 14-63
October 11, 2003: Texas (4-1) loses to Oklahoma (5-0), 13-65
October 8, 2011: Texas (4-0) loses to Oklahoma (4-0), 17-55
October 19, 2012: Clemson (7-0) loses to FSU (7-0), 14-51

Neither Butch, Mack, or Dabo were fired. Although down here in Texas, people were irate after the 2003 game.

And I remember the 2012 Clemson game. I was watching the pregame at a friends house before switching over to a UFC PPV. The Clemson fans were psyched up. There was pomp galore. They all touched that silly rock. Clemson thought that on that night, they were about to take the next step and take control of the ACC. Instead, they were soundly squashed by Florida State in an utterly noncompetitive, demoralizing fashion.

I tend to think that unlike others, Manny will make changes. Whether they work, remains to be seen.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Either Manny, or Baker and some of his defensive staff. Thought here is that Baker will be the fall guy. Read what Manny said in his presser, "Defensive Adjustments were not made real time. Basically NC ran the same plays 3-4 times before any adjustments were made" Manny made this **** comment. Responsibility- Blake Baker and Manny Diaz, Fall guy Blake Baker.

How in the **** can a Team not make real time game adjustments? On another note, some players said they did not buy into the NC Game Plan during the week. what in the **** is going on with this team? **** I am not a football expert but I feel I can do a better **** job than these clowns. It's disheratening!!
The team doesn’t buy in because believe it or not the players and we’re talking about college kids here know more about football then the head coach and DC. Let that sink in, college kids know more about the game then the ******* people In charge and that includes the AD. You get what you hire and Miami hasn’t had a football guy in the Hecht making decisions In Forever! And this is the results, a record breaking and not In a good way performance that has went done as the worst defensive performance In miami history and Diaz actually has two of those notches on his belt. 🤢🤮 no wonder kids don’t buy into a coach that never even played the ******* game.

The funny thing to me is that people really made all types of excuses about Manny bye week record. Then wanted to bich at those who were upset that he said no changes needed to be made
But it was quite obvious that he's too arrogant to see the err in his ways. Also soft af for throwing Baker under the bus instead of snatching Bakers headset off and running the defense his **** self.

We are an average team wearing what used to be a uniform that was once so dominant. A legend in our own mind, PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

Advertisement
We are an average team wearing what used to be a uniform that was once so dominant. A legend in our own mind, PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

Unfortunately, Manny survives, though Bakker takes the fall. Is that score a fireable offense? **** yeah. When a staff is so inept that it fails to make the slightest of adjustments vs. basic run plays, they should be fired on the spot. That's total incompetence. The idea or notion of saying adjustments weren't made real time . . . ****, Manny is the head coach, what the **** is he doing? His claim to fame is being a defensive coordinator. So, the head coach is a former defensive coordinator and his defense is getting embarrassed by his old boss & he has the balls to come out and say adjustments weren't made real time? No kidding, Einstein. And why not?

But TIME is what Manure and company have, that's the answer. A whole lot of it. It's no big deal I've watched the great years of Cane football and appreciated them. Now it's time to move on to the next big thing.... Fishing!
fish drinking beer.gif

Advertisement

Neither Butch, Mack, or Dabo were fired. Although down here in Texas, people were irate after the 2003 game.

And I remember the 2012 Clemson game. I was watching the pregame at a friends house before switching over to a UFC PPV. The Clemson fans were psyched up. There was pomp galore. They all touched that silly rock. Clemson thought that on that night, they were about to take the next step and take control of the ACC. Instead, they were soundly squashed by Florida State in an utterly noncompetitive, demoralizing fashion.

I tend to think that unlike others, Manny will make changes. Whether they work, remains to be seen.

Butch redeemed himself the following week with the UCLA upset. Besides, the program was still recovering from probation and likely would not have been able to hire a top HC. Or wanted to, depending on who you listen to.

Mack Brown had beaten OU in prior seasons and were still a legit Top 8-15 team.

Dabo had a track record established, winning 11 and 10 games the prior seasons. He won 11 the season FSU whopped them enroute to a NC.

Manny has no track record of success. The UNC game is only one game and isn’t the only issue. The problem is the GT, FIU, Duke, and LaTech games the year before. Even the close win over Central F-N Michigan is a loss. I’m even giving Manny a mulligan on this season’s Clemson game, since Clemson is clearly on another level. I was only hoping the Canes would be competitive.

In a vacuum, no one game is a fireable offense. Taken as part of a body of work, tho.. it’s absolutely fireable. Last year was an abomination, as was this game. Taken Together, manny should be on a hot seat.

Also.. this was a 3 loss team. Not an elite, a year before winning a ship. A middle of the road ACC team. Don’t confuse NC with Jamies and FSU.

Advertisement
In a vacuum, no one game is a fireable offense. Taken as part of a body of work, tho.. it’s absolutely fireable. Last year was an abomination, as was this game. Taken Together, manny should be on a hot seat.

Also.. this was a 3 loss team. Not an elite, a year before winning a ship. A middle of the road ACC team. Don’t confuse NC with Jamies and FSU.
I'm not. The closest analogy is probably the 1998 game, where both teams had 3 losses when they faced off. However that was a road game for the Canes.

Advertisement
Miami could lose to the Idaho School for Future Potato Farmers 150-0 and Diaz would not get fired as long as Ticket Boy is still the AD.
Silly. They are BORN potato farmers.

Speaking of potatoes... I think that should be Manny's new nickname.

Just waking up from a long night of drinking. I seen the score and I was like **** our basketball team sucks.. Now I realize it was the **** football game... wtf is going on with this program. That's why I lost interest the last two years b/c they stress a ninja the fug out.

Yeah I remember that FSU game as well and how ESPN was making such a big deal about the rock, the stadium entrance and the buses going around and around; blah. FSU destroyed them

Advertisement
Back