Pro Wrestling AEW MEGA THREAD

Advertisement
CJ win?

It would make sense , berms he’s a bigger name and has main stream attention. It would also setup a rubber match , where omega probably goes over . Imo makes more sense for Jericho to win now though

CJ win?

It would make sense , berms he’s a bigger name and has main stream attention. It would also setup a rubber match , where omega probably goes over . Imo makes more sense for Jericho to win now though

Adam Page will be your first AEW Champion.

Rhodes match was best of the night by far. Too many spot fest early, and Jericho was a little slow in the main, but overall a good show.

They need to re-assign Marvez and go to a two man booth with JR on PBP.

Advertisement
CJ win?

Yes Jericho won. Did pretty good, it was a solid match. Jericho needs to get in just a little bit better shape. Dean Ambrose showed up at the end. young Bucs beat their opponents, I can't remember what they were called though. that was a **** of a match as well. Awesome Kong that used to be in TNA showed up for the 4 way women's match. she didn't win though, I can't remember the girls name that won, but she was hot I remember that. The show didn't have a lot of BS gimmicks or insulting entertainment going on, Thank God! If they take the product down the road in which I seen last night, I'm pretty sure they're gonna do very well. One very important issue is that they have the financial backing, that means a lot.

Rhodes match was best of the night by far. Too many spot fest early, and Jericho was a little slow in the main, but overall a good show.

They need to re-assign Marvez and go to a two man booth with JR on PBP.

Get rid of JR.

He doesnt give a fvck to do his research.

Excalibur and Marvez would be just fine. Excalibur has a Joey Styles kind of learning curve though.

Overall the show was great; best promo I’ve seen in yrs. u can tell some of the older guys were a bit out of shape, and there were a few rough patches which is to be expected w a brand new promo, but it was still light yrs betters than what the WWE has put out over the last decade for sure. Really excited to have this alternative and apparently they already have 6 months of solid storylines.

I’ll never be the wrestling fan I once was when I was a kid, but this promo can definitely grab my attention to peep in when they air on TNT.

Or they couldn’t get over because they’re 4’11, 130 pounds and have the bodies of children. Oh and their 30 super kicks per match are super awesome.

They just suck , and wrestling being more comedy these days is why it’s far as **** from main stream , more than it’s ever been.

It’s turned into a niche sport.

Dixie sucked but so does the whackson brothers .

They seem to have a good business acumen now but as performaners they’re very meh imo.

They tore the ******* house down

Advertisement
Overall I would give it a solid 4.5 out of 5.

The pre show had better wrestling than anything WWE has done in years alone

Opening match was ******* incredible

Womens 4 way was ******* incredible. That smiley chick seems super corny at first but wins you over because she NEVER breaks character and she is such a smooth performer with awesome moves and the ability to sell

The 6 man tag womans match with the japanese chicks was ok. Definitely brought the full japanese style element to the show. Got bored with this one after a while.

Cody and Dustin told a 30 year long story in a 20 minute match. Just awesome. Dustin bled more than anyone I can recall in a long long time. Glad this wasnt his last match. Hes still got it. The incorperation of brandi seems forced at times. Cody would be fine with just the doggo.

The best friends are my new favorite tag team. That match ALMOST stole the show.

The lucha bros are my new favorite tag team. This match stole the show. Spot after dangerous spot. The lucha bros are legit. Pentagon JR is a star.

Holy **** Kenny Omega made Chris Jericho look 100x better than he was last night, and Jericho was pretty ****** good to begin with. I have seen Omega a few times, but man... this guy is gonna be the flagship of wrestling for years to come. This match was better than the first one with no gimmicks involved. Ambrose wasnt much of a surprise as everyone expected it, but I like that he didnt affect the outcome of the match.

This show lived up to the lofty expectations. Vince...... you better figure it out bruh.

Buy In -- Sammy Guevara v. Kip Sabian was a solid "dark match". The Battle Royale was alright with the correct winner. Being the Elite has done a lot of leg working trying to make their buddy - Adam Page - a star...and I think they are going all of the way with it.

Opener - SCU v. StrongHearts - JR unable to understand that the StrongHearts aren't from China was jokes and the match was a flawless four-star+ opener. Perfect tone setter with excellent workers and guys flying all over the place.

Women's four-way - This was solid, but at times sloppy. Kylie Rae can be a star for AEW and Britt Baker BayBay is a solid workhorse chick. I dont like Nyla Rose at all, "she's" sloppy af. I'm also against intergender nonsense.

Best Friends v. Jack Evans/Angelico was a fun mid-show spotfest.

Joshi six-woman was good enough to get fans behind them. It was a bit sloppy.

Cody v. Dustin - Cody knows his lane. He doesn't try to be Kenny Omega or the Young Bucks. What he does is fill that niche for WWE style main events or NWA style main events on cards that do not have anything like that...so, he oddly is unique on the Indie scene and in this AEW platform. He's had two matches at the big shows (All-In and now Double or Nothing) that have overdelivered. This match with his brother came off as something they have worked on for years and finally got to do it. It was excellent.

Young Bucks v. Lucha Bros was the two best tag teams in the world putting on a classic.

Kenny Omega v. Chris Jericho - They set up a possible third match. Jericho is going to try and make a star out of Hangman at the next PPV. Match was at times sloppy, but was very good. Jon Moxley's debut could not have been better. Show could not have finished stronger.

Going to be one of the best shows of the year. If you like wrestling. If you are a lapsed fan. If you want something American and unique. Go watch this show and realize why you used to love wrestling.

Get rid of JR.

He doesnt give a fvck to do his research.

Excalibur and Marvez would be just fine. Excalibur has a Joey Styles kind of learning curve though.

Marvez is minor league. A fake Mauro. JR put the wrestlers over as athletes and was the only guy bringing personality. “Lou Thesz is looking down in shock and awe.”

Let Excalibur or whoever provide background and let JR call what he sees.

They tore the ******* house down

Yep, if you think that just by doing moves, that means that they tore the house down. That's the problem with the Young Bucks, there's no psychology with them. It's just "Let's just do a lot of pretty looking stuff", with no rhyme or reason to it. Compare them to The Revival or another good tag team, and you'll see why people have a problem with the Young Bucks.

Advertisement
Marvez is minor league. A fake Mauro. JR put the athletes over and was the only guy bringing personality.

Let Excalibur or whoever provide background and let JR call what he sees.

Marvez is a pro. He's not very good right now, but if you've got him on board, you gotta think he'll get better. He's not a rookie.

JR is a long time pro, he's going to look better when he's with guys like Marvez, but JR gets so much **** wrong and has no idea what he's watching most of the time, it takes away from the product, for me. He just doesn't do his homework.

I'd rather they have like Kevin Kelly...but it is what it is.

Excalibur is going nowhere. He's been friends with Matt and Nick for a very long time. He's also very respected among Indie wrestlers. I'd give him a shot at PBP tbh. He's done it for PWG for a very long time.

Yep, if you think that just by doing moves, that means that they tore the house down. That's the problem with the Young Bucks, there's no psychology with them. It's just "Let's just do a lot of pretty looking stuff", with no rhyme or reason to it. Compare them to The Revival or another good tag team, and you'll see why people have a problem with the Young Bucks.

By tore the house down not only am I referring to the moves but how the crowd was in to it and never got out of it. The lucha bros always bring some sort of psychology and these teams going against each other is just an awesome pair. You may not like the spot wrestling, but there is certainly a market for it just as there is for a match like cody and dustin, and a match like jericho and omega, and a match like the womens 4 way... theres something for everybody.

Womens 4 way was ******* incredible. That smiley chick seems super corny at first but wins you over because she NEVER breaks character and she is such a smooth performer with awesome moves and the ability to sell

The 6 man tag womans match with the japanese chicks was ok. Definitely brought the full japanese style element to the show. Got bored with this one after a while.

Cody and Dustin told a 30 year long story in a 20 minute match. Just awesome. Dustin bled more than anyone I can recall in a long long time. Glad this wasnt his last match. Hes still got it. The incorperation of brandi seems forced at times. Cody would be fine with just the doggo.

The best friends are my new favorite tag team. That match ALMOST stole the show.

The lucha bros are my new favorite tag team. This match stole the show. Spot after dangerous spot. The lucha bros are legit. Pentagon JR is a star.

Holy **** Kenny Omega made Chris Jericho look 100x better than he was last night, and Jericho was pretty ****** good to begin with. I have seen Omega a few times, but man... this guy is gonna be the flagship of wrestling for years to come. This match was better than the first one with no gimmicks involved. Ambrose wasnt much of a surprise as everyone expected it, but I like that he didnt affect the outcome of the match.

This show lived up to the lofty expectations. Vince...... you better figure it out bruh.
That omega jericho match wasnt better than the first. It was a good match but that's it.

Advertisement
By tore the house down not only am I referring to the moves but how the crowd was in to it and never got out of it. The lucha bros always bring some sort of psychology and these teams going against each other is just an awesome pair. You may not like the spot wrestling, but there is certainly a market for it just as there is for a match like cody and dustin, and a match like jericho and omega, and a match like the womens 4 way... theres something for everybody.

The problem is that most people don't want to watch spot fest. This is why wrestling has become a niche sport, because the people in the rings are bigger marks than the people in the stands. You need to have matches up and down the card that feature athletes that are "****ed" at each other, and make fans want to see what happened. Jericho/Omega is an example of that. Kayfabe may be dead, but dammit, I can sell people on the concept of Jericho wanting to beat the living crap out of Omega. I can sell it to an extent with the Rhodes brothers. The classic brother rivalry angle is something that you can believe. That's the kind of wrestling that has been shown over and over again to sell on a MAINSTREAM level. When we believed that Stone Cold Steve Austin was REALLY fighting the McMahons people gave a ****. When we thought that the NWO was REALLY trying to take over WCW, people gave a ****.

Was this your first legit go around with Penta and Rey?

They are incredible. If you want...can give you a long list of Pentagon Jr. and Rey Fenix singles and tag match recommendations. If The Young Bucks did not exist, they would be the best tag team in the world.

But how were their uniforms?

I kid, I kid

Best thread in weeks. Glad for some competition. The 90s era of WCW vs WWF was some classic times. Thanks for the breakdown.

Advertisement
Back