Adidas back at it

When we played A&M a few years ago when we were ranked was on ESPN 3, most of our games last year were on ESPN with a majority of prime timers, so saying since the bethune game not being televised being a sign of no national attention is a little over blown

Additionally, many other "big" teams (to use his terminology) have games that are not televised or only on ESPN3. Like I mentioned, Clemson's first TWO games are only on ESPN3. Oklahoma's first game against Akron is on a special PPV, because as they even said in their own announcement, the game was "not picked up by any over-the-air or cable broadcast networks."

Advertisement
When we played A&M a few years ago when we were ranked was on ESPN 3, most of our games last year were on ESPN with a majority of prime timers, so saying since the bethune game not being televised being a sign of no national attention is a little over blown

Additionally, many other "big" teams (to use his terminology) have games that are not televised or only on ESPN3. Like I mentioned, Clemson's first TWO games are only on ESPN3. Oklahoma's first game against Akron is on a special PPV, because as they even said in their own announcement, the game was "not picked up by any over-the-air or cable broadcast networks."

I'm not going to continue to try and educate you. This is the last I will say on it. You've called me an idiot and a fanboy in one discussion. I don't recall ever disrespecting you. The irony is you have no right to call anyone a fan boy when the ONLY thing you do on these boards is monitor it for anyone that disagrees with the school and then argue with them. The school could admit today it doesn't care about athletics and you would run to the boards to make sure to put everyone in place.

Now, I don't expect you to understand this since you work for athletics, but it's a key business concept. When you make an investment you expect a return. The riskier the investment, the greater the required return. What Adidas did was make an investment in us. I've already said the deal was great for us. For Adidas not so much. An investments risk is judged on past performance and that past is used to create assumptions or predictions about the future. It is factual that we have been bad for a long time. The future outlook is not great. The investment is a huge risk, and they paid a bigger price than they should have. It's why they were the only ones willing to go there. The others didn't see the proper return for that investment. Could Miami be good? Of course but no one knows. The only thing we can use is past performance to crest a rational prediction. It requires being OBJECTIVE which is something you've proven you can't do.

Now using all these examples about how we share the same 3:30 time as other big teams is flawed. You don't point out how these powerhouses take away viewers from us. People aren't watching two unranked former greats when all those other games are on. You also point out how Clemson and Oklahoma have games not televised. Those teams also get more Primetime games, they get game day often (we haven't hosted that in years), they are talked about incessantly in the media by analysts, and in the discussion for the playoffs and big bowls. Miami isn't. That's a fact. We aren't being heavily talked about and we are not getting that type of exposure. You may deny that all day and can't see that but we aren't on the level of those great teams right now. Can we be? Sure. But as a rational and objective person you can't sit here and say that will happen for sure. The odds are more in favor of us staying mediocre in the short term than being great again. That could change and Adidas could get lucky and Miami actually is great but the odds are not in favor of that. Long term maybe. But how long can they wait to see returns? Not too long. I'm done.

And for those down voting me for saying C Pride- grow up. The guy known as Soles By Sir went to Columbus. He is a part of our brotherhood. I will always support that. So once again...

C PRIDE!!!!!!!!!

I'm not going to continue to try and educate you. This is the last I will say on it. You've called me an idiot and a fanboy in one discussion. I don't recall ever disrespecting you. The irony is you have no right to call anyone a fan boy when the ONLY thing you do on these boards is monitor it for anyone that disagrees with the school and then argue with them. The school could admit today it doesn't care about athletics and you would run to the boards to make sure to put everyone in place.

Now, I don't expect you to understand this since you work for athletics, but it's a key business concept. When you make an investment you expect a return. The riskier the investment, the greater the required return. What Adidas did was make an investment in us. I've already said the deal was great for us. For Adidas not so much. An investments risk is judged on past performance and that past is used to create assumptions or predictions about the future. It is factual that we have been bad for a long time. The future outlook is not great. The investment is a huge risk, and they paid a bigger price than they should have. It's why they were the only ones willing to go there. The others didn't see the proper return for that investment. Could Miami be good? Of course but no one knows. The only thing we can use is past performance to crest a rational prediction. It requires being OBJECTIVE which is something you've proven you can't do.

Now using all these examples about how we share the same 3:30 time as other big teams is flawed. You don't point out how these powerhouses take away viewers from us. People aren't watching two unranked former greats when all those other games are on. You also point out how Clemson and Oklahoma have games not televised. Those teams also get more Primetime games, they get game day often (we haven't hosted that in years), they are talked about incessantly in the media by analysts, and in the discussion for the playoffs and big bowls. Miami isn't. That's a fact. We aren't being heavily talked about and we are not getting that type of exposure. You may deny that all day and can't see that but we aren't on the level of those great teams right now. Can we be? Sure. But as a rational and objective person you can't sit here and say that will happen for sure. The odds are more in favor of us staying mediocre in the short term than being great again. That could change and Adidas could get lucky and Miami actually is great but the odds are not in favor of that. Long term maybe. But how long can they wait to see returns? Not too long. I'm done.

You have to actually know something to educate anyone, so try again when you learn.

You are a fanboy...you admit as much. Your Nike loyalty is ridiculous.

As for the game time, you're trying to play all angles. If we had a noon game time or some other game time, you'd whine, *****, and moan that we are so irrelevant we can't get a desired time slot, which is what you tried saying when you whined about the 3:30 time. When I pointed out that important games are often played at 3:30, now you come up with nonsense about how we have to compete against other big games at that time. Guess what, there are also big games during the other time slots. Makes for a very convenient, if dishonest/nonsensical argument for you to cling to....you can pick any time slot and find a reason to whine.

Not sure why you'd come to the silly conclusion that I work for athletics (I do coach little league baseball, but that's about it), but then your posts are full of silly conclusions. Adidas did not make such a "risky" investment given that Miami is still a big draw, and it is a merchandise and TV draw nationwide.

You have to actually know something to educate anyone, so try again when you learn.

You are a fanboy...you admit as much. Your Nike loyalty is ridiculous.

As for the game time, you're trying to play all angles. If we had a noon game time or some other game time, you'd whine, *****, and moan that we are so irrelevant we can't get a desired time slot, which is what you tried saying when you whined about the 3:30 time. When I pointed out that important games are often played at 3:30, now you come up with nonsense about how we have to compete against other big games at that time. Guess what, there are also big games during the other time slots. Makes for a very convenient, if dishonest/nonsensical argument for you to cling to....you can pick any time slot and find a reason to whine.

Not sure why you'd come to the silly conclusion that I work for athletics (I do coach little league baseball, but that's about it), but then your posts are full of silly conclusions. Adidas did not make such a "risky" investment given that Miami is still a big draw, and it is a merchandise and TV draw nationwide.

laughing.gif

Advertisement
Wherrera you have every right to be a fan boy of any product you want nothing wrong with that, i do disagree on the primetime games we had a good amount last year, you mention other schools arent like that when you have SEC and big ten schools playing division and rivalry games at 3:30, i think we might had more prime time games than OSU in the regular schedule, we are talking bethune here id be concerned if it wasnt televised for nebraska or any major conference opponents

I am too, Adidas ain't as bad you say it is. Nike not throwing money out there like that besides that Michigan deal. Fsu total Nike contract is around 40-45 million ....

It's called bargaining power. Schools are willing to take less from Nike. It's the schools with limited options like us that need the big money. Nike won't see a return on our deal if they had matched. Adidas is taking that chance because they have to. A school like us with little booster support compared to the big boys needs that money. We can't afford to take less. That's the big difference. FSU doesn't need Nike money. Miami needs any money it can get.

Again so what's the reason of downing the deal if you know the situstion... Adidas in terms of marketing has done more for Miami in the past 8 months than nike has in years... That 4.5 million in cash yearly and 4,5 million in apparel gear is great for Miami.

It is great for Miami. But as a fan, and I know this sounds ridiculous, I won't ever buy merchandise unless Nike makes some on the side, or we go back to Nike. I'm not eating my money on garbage Adidas gear. That's me man. I don't like Adidas and while they are paying us it doesn't do anything else other than that.

Second, I'm not knocking Miami's side of the deal I'm knocking Adidas as a company. They are managed terribly. The Harden deal and our deal were bad from their perspective. If they don't see a return it's going to fail. They have a track record in basketball with that. Rose. Howard. Wall. Lillard hasn't made it big yet and it's his third shoe. That's too long to wait. Now Harden is up and he has never ever sold a shoe like that much less carried a brand. He isn't KD LeBron Kobe or MJ. The deal is great for us but that doesn't mean it's great for them.

Wherrera8, let me give you a little advice. When you argue long enough with an idiot, eventually people forget who the idiot was. Just bow out of this exchange now before you have to sink any lower and are forced to try and match broke's lack of wits.

Sage advice. You'd be wise to heed it, young Guillermo.

Can't understand WHY Adidas is spending so much time and money on this broken down football program. Shows me that they're in Germany and don't know chit about U. S. college football. Gonna be a bad investment for them.

Because they are a broken down brand here in the states. A 20 year old company has overtaken then for the 2 spot. They are banking on us helping bring them back. Same reason they threw $200 million at Harden. Harden has never had a marquee shoe and hasn't proven he can sell shoes, yet they are relying on him to carry their brand.

Three stripe life for a third tier brand.

and they still have a higher valuation than Under Armour.. So keep running your mouth!!! Heineken has a higher valuation than Under Armour. .. Adidas just needs to make better looking basketball shoes. I see kids with Patrick Ewing's and David Robinson's heavy *** shoe more than I see them wearing basketball Adidas shoes.

could've sworn both UA and Skechers now have a higher evaluation than Adidas now...could be wrong, but I could've sworn I just read that in a financial report.

Advertisement
Can't understand WHY Adidas is spending so much time and money on this broken down football program. Shows me that they're in Germany and don't know chit about U. S. college football. Gonna be a bad investment for them.

Because they are a broken down brand here in the states. A 20 year old company has overtaken then for the 2 spot. They are banking on us helping bring them back. Same reason they threw $200 million at Harden. Harden has never had a marquee shoe and hasn't proven he can sell shoes, yet they are relying on him to carry their brand.

and they still have a higher valuation than Under Armour.. So keep running your mouth!!! Heineken has a higher valuation than Under Armour. .. Adidas just needs to make better looking basketball shoes. I see kids with Patrick Ewing's and David Robinson's heavy *** shoe more than I see them wearing basketball Adidas shoes.

could've sworn both UA and Skechers now have a higher evaluation than Adidas now...could be wrong, but I could've sworn I just read that in a financial report.

You're right. UA is second in the country behind Nike in terms of market share and financials for the sports apparel industry. I don't make this up. The only reason Adidas competes is because of their hold on the international market which UA hasn't branched out into. UA is 19 years old. Pretty impressive.

They have a higher valuation only because of the international market and their large presence in the soccer market. Under Armour is not a huge player internationally but they beat Adidas here in the states.

Adidas brand is building in the U.S. Especially with them getting a couple of nikes top designers, Miami signing with Adidas, Kanye and James harden signing as well. Those yezzy boost shoes are a hot commodity right now,

[MENTION=1740]brock[/MENTION]: obviously, you're not a sneaker head. Adidas WAS the brand in the U.S and they made one bad decision, one bad decision that literally derailed their entire presence in the U.S....they crapped on signing Michael Jordan b/c he wasn't "big enough" and this little company in Oregon named Nike hopped at the chance to sign the G.O.A.T and the rest is history. That same little company then hopped at the chance to sign a lucrative deal w/ my Hurricanes in the late 80's, as well, b/c you know, we were great then.

Adidas signed Kanye West b/c the fool couldn't keep his mouth shut and be patient. His Yeezy boots are hot, HOWEVER, his Yeezy shoes that were first w/ Nike are still selling at a higher margin than his Yeezy boots. As a matter of fact, his Red October's that were launched only weeks after he went on his rant, sold for an outstanding $5000. And guess what, the Drake OVO's Jordans are selling out at a faster clip on a per capita basis and they're secretly released in fewer cities than the Yeezy's.

Adidas is literally doing all it can to get back on the forefront....and they have flopped. They lost money from the NBA, Michigan Athletics, NFL, and Derrick Rose, most recently. Ironically, they have lost money in their U.S sports endeavors. If it wasn't for European Sports, and hip hop, Adidas wouldn't exist. So My man [MENTION=6738]wherrera8[/MENTION] was absolutely right in saying they are a third tier brand...b/c right now, they are.

Like I've said before, Nike dropped us b/c they had little to no faith in our current regime. They low balled us, b/c we haven't done crap in 10 years both on and OFF the field. The fact is they are in the business of making money and maintaining a certain image. Did you see what they did for the other U-M? They got a real AD and a REAL coach and they said, WELCOME BACK HOME w/ a lucrative $160m gig. If Nike wants you, they will take you. Adidas can't compare on the U.S front.

Last edited:

They have a higher valuation only because of the international market and their large presence in the soccer market. Under Armour is not a huge player internationally but they beat Adidas here in the states.

Adidas brand is building in the U.S. Especially with them getting a couple of nikes top designers, Miami signing with Adidas, Kanye and James harden signing as well. Those yezzy boost shoes are a hot commodity right now,

[MENTION=1740]brock[/MENTION]: obviously, you're not a sneaker head. Adidas WAS the brand in the U.S and they made one bad decision, one bad decision that literally derailed their entire presence in the U.S....they crapped on signing Michael Jordan b/c he wasn't "big enough" and this little company in Oregon named Nike hopped at the chance to sign the G.O.A.T and the rest is history. That same little company then hopped at the chance to sign a lucrative deal w/ my Hurricanes in the late 80's, as well, b/c you know, we were great then.

Adidas signed Kanye West b/c the fool couldn't keep his mouth shut and be patient. His Yeezy boots are hot, HOWEVER, his Yeezy shoes that were first w/ Nike are still selling at a higher margin than his Yeezy boots. As a matter of fact, his Red October's that were launched only weeks after he went on his rant, sold for an outstanding $5000. And guess what, the Drake OVO's Jordans are selling out at a faster clip on a per capita basis and they're secretly released in fewer cities than the Yeezy's.

Adidas is literally doing all it can to get back on the forefront....and they have flopped. They lost money from the NBA, Michigan Athletics, NFL, and Derrick Rose, most recently. Ironically, they have lost money in their U.S sports endeavors. If it wasn't for European Sports, and hip hop, Adidas wouldn't exist. So My man [MENTION=6738]wherrera8[/MENTION] was absolutely right in saying they are a third tier brand...b/c right now, they are.

Like I've said before, Nike dropped us b/c they had little to no faith in our current regime. They low balled us, b/c we haven't done crap in 10 years both on and OFF the field. The fact is they are in the business of making money and maintaining a certain image. Did you see what they did for the other U-M? They got a real AD and a REAL coach and they said, WELCOME BACK HOME w/ a lucrative $160m gig. If Nike wants you, they will take you. Adidas can't compare on the U.S front.

Thank you sir. All great points I touched on.

By the way you a Drake fan? My favorite rapper. How do you know that about his J's? That's interesting.

Advertisement
All the bs in this thread aside, it's pretty cool that all the players will get a unique and custom shoe.

i love how the trollers here are trying very hard to talk smack about something that actually is pretty **** cool and sounding like retards.

Advertisement
nike, adidas, champion, new balance, reebok who gives a *** canes football sucks right now and your favorite sweat shop corporate logo dont mean ****

I'm not a sneaker head but I got **** of sneakers including every retro Jordan outside of the 2s from 1-14, couple pairs of air max 95 including the ogs, couple pair of foamposite pros and foamposite ones. So trust me i know about my shoe game bra. Yeah you won't see me buying Adidas shoes if they ain't the yezzy boost at this point. Those are the ones I want the most right now especially the all white ones Kanye west just showed recently. We aren't a third teir brand I don't know if you are just based in Miami but up in Atlanta there are hella Miami fans up here. As I have said before I see more um fans up here than ga tech fans to be honest. Who cares we are getting 90 +. million, If you want to keep getting treated unfairly by Nike for the next couple of years then I feel sad for you. Adidas is pushing Miami hard right now

I'm not a sneaker head but I got **** of sneakers including every retro Jordan outside of the 2s from 1-14, couple pairs of air max 95 including the ogs, couple pair of foamposite pros and foamposite ones. So trust me i know about my shoe game bra. Yeah you won't see me buying Adidas shoes if they ain't the yezzy boost at this point. Those are the ones I want the most right now especially the all white ones Kanye west just showed recently. We aren't a third teir brand I don't know if you are just based in Miami but up in Atlanta there are hella Miami fans up here. As I have said before I see more um fans up here than ga tech fans to be honest. Who cares we are getting 90 +. million, If you want to keep getting treated unfairly by Nike for the next couple of years then I feel sad for you. Adidas is pushing Miami hard right now

We used third tier brand for Adidas not Miami

Thank you sir. All great points I touched on.

By the way you a Drake fan? My favorite rapper. How do you know that about his J's? That's interesting.
[MENTION=6738]wherrera8[/MENTION]: Two reasons; One, the reason why i know so much about Nike is b/c I have a frat brother who is apart of their global marketing team. We talk all the time about what's going on w/ Nike. Second, I'm a big Drake and Jordan fan as well. I got an alert maybe a month or so ago from BR on their "kicks section" about how the OVO's were only being tweeted in select cities and they were the fastest selling shoe. Confirmed w/ my frat brother that the OVO collab w/ Jordan has the potential of being the next highest shoe sale w/ limited production creating a supply and demand frenzy...which is why the Yeezy's were being held back by Nike b/c they were going to create a sheik brand for Kanye where they had a sneaker line that was going to sale in the $1000's. Interesting is that Kanye later apologized to Nike b/c he saw how their vision came to fruition after he jumped ship. I like the Yeezy boots, but if he would've stayed with Nike, the sales price would've went through the roof. Now w/ Drake bodying Meek Mills in a well-publicized rap beef, his popularity is on another level....And my apologies Canes fam, this discussion is way off topic. lol.

Advertisement
Back