Adidas back at it

Because they are a broken down brand here in the states. A 20 year old company has overtaken then for the 2 spot. They are banking on us helping bring them back. Same reason they threw $200 million at Harden. Harden has never had a marquee shoe and hasn't proven he can sell shoes, yet they are relying on him to carry their brand.

Three stripe life for a third tier brand.

and they still have a higher valuation than Under Armour.. So keep running your mouth!!! Heineken has a higher valuation than Under Armour. .. Adidas just needs to make better looking basketball shoes. I see kids with Patrick Ewing's and David Robinson's heavy *** shoe more than I see them wearing basketball Adidas shoes.

They have a higher valuation only because of the international market and their large presence in the soccer market. Under Armour is not a huge player internationally but they beat Adidas here in the states.

Adidas brand is building in the U.S. Especially with them getting a couple of nikes top designers, Miami signing with Adidas, Kanye and James harden signing as well. Those yezzy boost shoes are a hot commodity right now,

That's one shoe. One. I read an article that ranked the top ten shoes of 2014. Nike had 9 and UA had one. Adidas just recently fell to third within the last two years I believe. It is absolutely not growing. It is fading. It signed Harden because it was desperate. Rose, Howard, Wall, and Lillard have not worked out as they had hoped. They signed UM because they were the only ones willing to throw that much money at us. It's actually a gamble. No recent history of success but playing the odds the the program will rise up and help the brand simultaneously. It lost Michigan and Tennessee this year and gained ASU and UM. That is my no means an even exchange. Those are all facts. Nothing there states they are growing here. That's actually the opposite of what's going on.

They Yeezy's are hot. That's one shoe. Unless they drop a pair each month, which they can't, it won't last. Nike has shoes drop monthly and people camping for them

UA sparked their basketball line with one strong signing in Curry. They didn't throw $200 million at him. They made a reasonable investment and it's paying off huge. Adidas is desperate to hang on here. That's why they throw these sums of money around.

Being objective here, Miami was a terrible investment. We haven't shown anything to anyone that we will be back soon. Yet they are treating us as a top tier team. If we do get back up then it will pay off. If we don't- chalk that up as another of many bad investments by the three stripe team.

Stop being an idiot. They treat us as a "top tier team" because no matter how much you whine, UM is still a top brand. While the stadium doesn't get filled, it never did in the old days either unless we played big teams. I sat in many half-empty Orange Bowls during our best seasons for lesser games. But Miami still gets a ton of t.v. exposure and is still a bigger t.v. draw than many other larger schools.

Advertisement
and they still have a higher valuation than Under Armour.. So keep running your mouth!!! Heineken has a higher valuation than Under Armour. .. Adidas just needs to make better looking basketball shoes. I see kids with Patrick Ewing's and David Robinson's heavy *** shoe more than I see them wearing basketball Adidas shoes.

They have a higher valuation only because of the international market and their large presence in the soccer market. Under Armour is not a huge player internationally but they beat Adidas here in the states.

Adidas brand is building in the U.S. Especially with them getting a couple of nikes top designers, Miami signing with Adidas, Kanye and James harden signing as well. Those yezzy boost shoes are a hot commodity right now,

That's one shoe. One. I read an article that ranked the top ten shoes of 2014. Nike had 9 and UA had one. Adidas just recently fell to third within the last two years I believe. It is absolutely not growing. It is fading. It signed Harden because it was desperate. Rose, Howard, Wall, and Lillard have not worked out as they had hoped. They signed UM because they were the only ones willing to throw that much money at us. It's actually a gamble. No recent history of success but playing the odds the the program will rise up and help the brand simultaneously. It lost Michigan and Tennessee this year and gained ASU and UM. That is my no means an even exchange. Those are all facts. Nothing there states they are growing here. That's actually the opposite of what's going on.

They Yeezy's are hot. That's one shoe. Unless they drop a pair each month, which they can't, it won't last. Nike has shoes drop monthly and people camping for them

UA sparked their basketball line with one strong signing in Curry. They didn't throw $200 million at him. They made a reasonable investment and it's paying off huge. Adidas is desperate to hang on here. That's why they throw these sums of money around.

Being objective here, Miami was a terrible investment. We haven't shown anything to anyone that we will be back soon. Yet they are treating us as a top tier team. If we do get back up then it will pay off. If we don't- chalk that up as another of many bad investments by the three stripe team.

Stop being an idiot. They treat us as a "top tier team" because no matter how much you whine, UM is still a top brand. While the stadium doesn't get filled, it never did in the old days either unless we played big teams. I sat in many half-empty Orange Bowls during our best seasons for lesser games. But Miami still gets a ton of t.v. exposure and is still a bigger t.v. draw than many other larger schools.

Calling me an idiot and then proceed to make a false statement? Cool

Miami doesn't get a lot of TV time. Our own homecoming game against UNC wasn't even televised last year. Our TV presence is not where it should be for a brand like ours and has contributed to the fall of our brand. Nice try though.

An investment's success is measured by the return. The chances of getting a high return or a good return off the investment in Miami are slim because we aren't doing well. The reason Nike wasn't coming close to the offer was because of this simple concept. The risk was too high for them and the return might not come for awhile if at all. Simple business decisions that have to be made.

I'm not saying we won't ever be back. But the truth is neither you nor I know. We can only predict based off historic performance and right now analysts wouldn't peg us to perform well. Could they be wrong? Sure. But chances are they aren't wrong. It will take time. If we don't get back to being good fast. The return on investment won't come to fruition and Adidas will have struck out once again.

Adidas brand might not be as bad as I say it is but that's because I can't stand it. It is still bad though. A one time powerhouse is fading in the U.S. Numbers don't lie. They lost the NFL deal and now the NBA deal. They lost two huge brands in Notre Dame and Michigan. They aren't gaining much in return. They have minimal presence in basketball and football and are almost non existent in baseball. Soccer is what carries them but that isn't enough in the U.S. because soccer isn't a big sport here. Either 4th or 5th. They're lead on Nike is single digits in terms of market share globally for soccer if they lose that, there won't be a single thing they lead in. That's not good especially when a young UA brand is feeding off of it and climbing quickly.

Facts are facts man. I'm very into sports apparel and the industry. Nike is superior. Adidas is fading. Besides the Yeezy's, Adidas hasn't been relevant since RUN DMC.

I am too, Adidas ain't as bad you say it is. Nike not throwing money out there like that besides that Michigan deal. Fsu total Nike contract is around 40-45 million ....

It's called bargaining power. Schools are willing to take less from Nike. It's the schools with limited options like us that need the big money. Nike won't see a return on our deal if they had matched. Adidas is taking that chance because they have to. A school like us with little booster support compared to the big boys needs that money. We can't afford to take less. That's the big difference. FSU doesn't need Nike money. Miami needs any money it can get.

Again so what's the reason of downing the deal if you know the situstion... Adidas in terms of marketing has done more for Miami in the past 8 months than nike has in years... That 4.5 million in cash yearly and 4,5 million in apparel gear is great for Miami.

It is great for Miami. But as a fan, and I know this sounds ridiculous, I won't ever buy merchandise unless Nike makes some on the side, or we go back to Nike. I'm not eating my money on garbage Adidas gear. That's me man. I don't like Adidas and while they are paying us it doesn't do anything else other than that.

Second, I'm not knocking Miami's side of the deal I'm knocking Adidas as a company. They are managed terribly. The Harden deal and our deal were bad from their perspective. If they don't see a return it's going to fail. They have a track record in basketball with that. Rose. Howard. Wall. Lillard hasn't made it big yet and it's his third shoe. That's too long to wait. Now Harden is up and he has never ever sold a shoe like that much less carried a brand. He isn't KD LeBron Kobe or MJ. The deal is great for us but that doesn't mean it's great for them.

Such nonsense about "garbage Adidas gear" and Nike being so great. You guys act like women who get all hung up on designer labels and pay 3 times more for something because it has a particular name on it, when in fact it is no better than the other options, it just happens to be the brand to have at the moment.

Miami doesn't get a lot of TV time. Our own homecoming game against UNC wasn't even televised last year. Our TV presence is not where it should be for a brand like ours and has contributed to the fall of our brand. Nice try though.

Miami games are still seen nationally. Miami gear is still seen nationwide. Yes, it was a nice try, because it is correct.

It is great for Miami. But as a fan, and I know this sounds ridiculous, I won't ever buy merchandise unless Nike makes some on the side, or we go back to Nike. I'm not eating my money on garbage Adidas gear. That's me man. I don't like Adidas and while they are paying us it doesn't do anything else other than that.

Second, I'm not knocking Miami's side of the deal I'm knocking Adidas as a company. They are managed terribly. The Harden deal and our deal were bad from their perspective. If they don't see a return it's going to fail. They have a track record in basketball with that. Rose. Howard. Wall. Lillard hasn't made it big yet and it's his third shoe. That's too long to wait. Now Harden is up and he has never ever sold a shoe like that much less carried a brand. He isn't KD LeBron Kobe or MJ. The deal is great for us but that doesn't mean it's great for them.

Nike fan boy coming out lol, but i agree with you, i dont knock miami at all for doing the deal, it really is a great deal for us and they are marketing the **** out of us, addidas is making a huge push down here, im liking the custom shoe idea, performance wise ive talked to some kids who hace used addidas gear and they love them especially the cleats

It's just brand loyalty man. There are people who feel like this about Apple over Samsung. Good companies had loyal followers.

I'm not complaining about the deal on our end but it wasn't the smartest on their end.

Its smart on their end if we start winning again, they have been wanting to get a foot into SoFl and what better way to do it by sponsoring the local college

It's smart IF... Huge If. Klee haven't shown anything recently so say we will so it is a big risk on their end.

As much as many think here the U brand is still strong and will get ya good bread, its a big risk but a really big reward if the chips fall into place, you must really hate addidas lol

Advertisement
wherrera answered a question and ***s are arguing with him and downvoting his posts. He merely stated Adidas isn't the brand it once was. And that is true.

If some of us are trolls and whiners, some of yall really are soldiers for the school. Nitpick and defend everything as much as some of us nitpick and **** on it.

Miami games are still seen nationally. Miami gear is still seen nationwide. Yes, it was a nice try, because it is correct.

You respond with no evidence to support your claim and still call it correct. You're a wizard. Here is some more evidence, our first game isn't televised. Our first big game against Nebraska doesn't have a good TV time. No, we are not relevant in the college football landscape right now. We do not have a marketing presence to command that much attention from Adidas. The smart move by then would have been to place this much emphasis on UCLA. If we don't get back soon they will be hurt by this investment.

Just because our merchandise is sold nationwide doesn't mean we have exposure. Most people wouldn't notice it in stores because it's not going to be at the front or in any of the promotional stuff. Just having it in stores isn't enough. The big schools that win and play Primetime games get that exposure.

But hey, you're the wizard. Keep on going Harry.

Nike fan boy coming out lol, but i agree with you, i dont knock miami at all for doing the deal, it really is a great deal for us and they are marketing the **** out of us, addidas is making a huge push down here, im liking the custom shoe idea, performance wise ive talked to some kids who hace used addidas gear and they love them especially the cleats

It's just brand loyalty man. There are people who feel like this about Apple over Samsung. Good companies had loyal followers.

I'm not complaining about the deal on our end but it wasn't the smartest on their end.

Its smart on their end if we start winning again, they have been wanting to get a foot into SoFl and what better way to do it by sponsoring the local college

It's smart IF... Huge If. Klee haven't shown anything recently so say we will so it is a big risk on their end.

As much as many think here the U brand is still strong and will get ya good bread, its a big risk but a really big reward if the chips fall into place, you must really hate addidas lol

Yes sir. Huge risk. But like any risky investment, there has to be a greater reward. So if we deliver, Adidas is going to make a huge leap in the football market because of it. If we don't then they will hurt. These decisions are made on past performance. It's all we can rely on. Our past performance isn't great which is why it's a huge risk. Had they given this deal to FSU, that wouldn't have been risky and the payout wouldn't have been as big because the risk isn't there. Simple business.

I really really don't like Adidas. The Yeezys are the only shoes I like but the sad thing is those shoes have a very similar shape to the Nike Roshes which I love. Seems like Adidas just took a design from Nike on the low.

You respond with no evidence to support your claim and still call it correct. You're a wizard. Here is some more evidence, our first game isn't televised. Our first big game against Nebraska doesn't have a good TV time. No, we are not relevant in the college football landscape right now. We do not have a marketing presence to command that much attention from Adidas. The smart move by then would have been to place this much emphasis on UCLA. If we don't get back soon they will be hurt by this investment.

Just because our merchandise is sold nationwide doesn't mean we have exposure. Most people wouldn't notice it in stores because it's not going to be at the front or in any of the promotional stuff. Just having it in stores isn't enough. The big schools that win and play Primetime games get that exposure.

Our first game is on ESPN3, because we are playing Bethune Cookman. So what? You know who else has games only on ESPN3? #12 Clemson, #16 GA Tech (both with their first TWO games only on ESPN3). Our game against Nebraska is at a bad time? It's the same time as OSU's game that day. Same time as #11 Notre Dame vs. #16 Ga Tech. Hey, look at that, it's the same time as the huge SEC matchup of Auburn and LSU. So, it seems the evidence is lacking on your end. You're a Nike fanboy and you're all down and whiny on Miami, but that doesn't change the facts.

Advertisement
Thank you for all the wonderful info. That proves my point. All those games take attention from us. So yes, while all those games are at that time a lot more people will tune into those games than ours. National exposure down.

The game against Bethune has been revised in the past. It's not this year because there aren't good expectations for us.

GT is not a big program so I don't know why them being on ESPN 3 is relevant. Proving other teams are on ESPN 3 doesn't help prove your initial point that we still get a lot of TV time.

Our first game is on ESPN3, because we are playing Bethune Cookman. So what? You know who else has games only on ESPN3? #12 Clemson, #16 GA Tech (both with their first TWO games only on ESPN3). Our game against Nebraska is at a bad time? It's the same time as OSU's game that day. Same time as #11 Notre Dame vs. #16 Ga Tech. Hey, look at that, it's the same time as the huge SEC matchup of Auburn and LSU. So, it seems the evidence is lacking on your end. You're a Nike fanboy and you're all down and whiny on Miami, but that doesn't change the facts.

Thank you for all the wonderful info. That proves my point. All those games take attention from us. So yes, while all those games are at that time a lot more people will tune into those games than ours. National exposure down.

The game against Bethune has been revised in the past. It's not this year because there aren't good expectations for us.

GT is not a big program so I don't know why them being on ESPN 3 is relevant. Proving other teams are on ESPN 3 doesn't help prove your initial point that we still get a lot of TV time.

Ah, nice shifting goalposts there. So the 3:30 time slot is bad for us and indicates that we are not as big of a draw...but the same time slot is considered good for the other teams, because you claim (with no evidence) that a lot more people will tune into those other games.

You whine that GT is not a "big program" (though they are ranked) but then ignore the fact that Clemson also has TWO games only being shown on ESPN3.

What I proved is that your statement was complete nonsense, and the lack of evidence was all on you.

Now you are just talking bullsh*t, most of all of our games are on ESPN... Except 1 that's is broadcasted by wsbtv

Advertisement
Lol at any under armour shoes after the first Cams, they look like k mart shaq shoes and the new balance shoes pta dads wear.

Under armour apparel is itd bell cow, its claim to fame/rise to stardom. But everyone makes dry-fits, yoga pants etc now... Even off brands, i see universities and high schools buy off brands for sports apparel everyday at work. That is why they have to win big on endorsements.

They CASHED out on ND just know that . Steph was smart and Cam is their flag bearer. If the design quality on sneakers doesn't pick up they will fall off.

I understand nike being a giant but... UA plz. clothes are clothes. but if u choose UA sneakers over adidas sneakers
more than 2/10 times based on style or quality its personal bias & ur deluded.

So u guys weren't fans before nike miami jerseys? R u fans of the program or the coaches and brands that makes our clothes (in the same sweatshops as competitors)?

A lot of yall must love being with cheating girlfriends for old times sake. Or stay at a job who refuses to pay properly because it wouldn't look right to work for a smaller company that pays more.

Nike wasnt beneficial, we left. It's about a check, just like changing jobs.

OT: Does anyone else notice that guys who had the all nike outfits ( headbands, wristbands,socks, shorts, shirt)playing pickup sports usually sucked the most?

Last edited:

Now you are just talking bullsh*t, most of all of our games are on ESPN... Except 1 that's is broadcasted by wsbtv

He was also wrong about the UNC game not being televised. I watched it on tv, on the ACC Network. I can show him many other games by "big" teams that are shown only on the league network, but he'd then find some way to change the argument and claim that it's different somehow.

Advertisement

Yes sir. Huge risk. But like any risky investment, there has to be a greater reward. So if we deliver, Adidas is going to make a huge leap in the football market because of it. If we don't then they will hurt. These decisions are made on past performance. It's all we can rely on. Our past performance isn't great which is why it's a huge risk. Had they given this deal to FSU, that wouldn't have been risky and the payout wouldn't have been as big because the risk isn't there. Simple business.

I really really don't like Adidas. The Yeezys are the only shoes I like but the sad thing is those shoes have a very similar shape to the Nike Roshes which I love. Seems like Adidas just took a design from Nike on the low.

I can tell lol, i just wear what looks good i have no biased toward any company, if your sh¡t looks good i wear it, as a miami fan im happy with the deal we got a lot in it

When we played A&M a few years ago when we were ranked was on ESPN 3, most of our games last year were on ESPN with a majority of prime timers, so saying since the bethune game not being televised being a sign of no national attention is a little over blown

Advertisement
Back