Adidas back at it

and they still have a higher valuation than Under Armour.. So keep running your mouth!!! Heineken has a higher valuation than Under Armour. .. Adidas just needs to make better looking basketball shoes. I see kids with Patrick Ewing's and David Robinson's heavy *** shoe more than I see them wearing basketball Adidas shoes.

They have a higher valuation only because of the international market and their large presence in the soccer market. Under Armour is not a huge player internationally but they beat Adidas here in the states.

Adidas brand is building in the U.S. Especially with them getting a couple of nikes top designers, Miami signing with Adidas, Kanye and James harden signing as well. Those yezzy boost shoes are a hot commodity right now,

[MENTION=1740]brock[/MENTION]: obviously, you're not a sneaker head. Adidas WAS the brand in the U.S and they made one bad decision, one bad decision that literally derailed their entire presence in the U.S....they crapped on signing Michael Jordan b/c he wasn't "big enough" and this little company in Oregon named Nike hopped at the chance to sign the G.O.A.T and the rest is history. That same little company then hopped at the chance to sign a lucrative deal w/ my Hurricanes in the late 80's, as well, b/c you know, we were great then.

Adidas signed Kanye West b/c the fool couldn't keep his mouth shut and be patient. His Yeezy boots are hot, HOWEVER, his Yeezy shoes that were first w/ Nike are still selling at a higher margin than his Yeezy boots. As a matter of fact, his Red October's that were launched only weeks after he went on his rant, sold for an outstanding $5000. And guess what, the Drake OVO's Jordans are selling out at a faster clip on a per capita basis and they're secretly released in fewer cities than the Yeezy's.

Adidas is literally doing all it can to get back on the forefront....and they have flopped. They lost money from the NBA, Michigan Athletics, NFL, and Derrick Rose, most recently. Ironically, they have lost money in their U.S sports endeavors. If it wasn't for European Sports, and hip hop, Adidas wouldn't exist. So My man [MENTION=6738]wherrera8[/MENTION] was absolutely right in saying they are a third tier brand...b/c right now, they are.

Like I've said before, Nike dropped us b/c they had little to no faith in our current regime. They low balled us, b/c we haven't done crap in 10 years both on and OFF the field. The fact is they are in the business of making money and maintaining a certain image. Did you see what they did for the other U-M? They got a real AD and a REAL coach and they said, WELCOME BACK HOME w/ a lucrative $160m gig. If Nike wants you, they will take you. Adidas can't compare on the U.S front.

I'm not a sneaker head but I got **** of sneakers including every retro Jordan outside of the 2s from 1-14, couple pairs of air max 95 including the ogs, couple pair of foamposite pros and foamposite ones. So trust me i know about my shoe game bra. Yeah you won't see me buying Adidas shoes if they ain't the yezzy boost at this point. Those are the ones I want the most right now especially the all white ones Kanye west just showed recently. We aren't a third teir brand I don't know if you are just based in Miami but up in Atlanta there are hella Miami fans up here. As I have said before I see more um fans up here than ga tech fans to be honest. Who cares we are getting 90 +. million, If you want to keep getting treated unfairly by Nike for the next couple of years then I feel sad for you. Adidas is pushing Miami hard right now
[MENTION=1740]brock[/MENTION]: My comment to you was based upon your statement about Adidas "building" in the U.S, that's all. I never said that Miami is "third-tier", I said they are being represented by a third tier company and I then provided reasons as to why they are third tier.

I'm not from Miami...Born on the So. Side of the Chi and grew up in Compton (Bompton), CA. And you're right, Miami gear flies down in L.A too, considering that USC dominates in the West Coast. Miami is still a popular brand, but it's not "as" popular anymore, and it hurts my feeling to admit that. We haven't won anything meaningful since 2004. No ACC titles, no bowl game, no division titles, no heisman winners...nothing.

Both my and my ninja [MENTION=6738]wherrera8[/MENTION] point were is that a third tier brand in Adidas is trying to use us, a former top brand in Miami, to catapult it's status in the U.S b/c right now, they have NO footing in the U.S. They are bleeding money in their U.S endeavors. Futbol is what's saving them and Nike and Puma are trying their damnest to get that script flipped. Adidas is getting smoked by an orthopedic shoe in Skeckers right now.

I appreciate the love they are giving us, I appreciate the money they spent on us, but let's be real, do you think this same love is going to continue to come our way if we keep stinking it up on and off the field? Do you think we would be having this same convo if we were still a team that remotely mirrored how we were in the 80's and 90's and early 2000's? Do you really think Nike wouldn't have matched and or smashed an Adidas deal?

Again, I admonish you to look at the other U-M; Adidas rolled out the red carpet for them, too. They were their biggest college sports client. They gave them all the bells and whistles, and as U-M started to stink it up both on and off the field, the bells and whistles stopped b/c they were losing money on them. U-M gets a new, hard nose, AD who put WINNING over everything, and they hire arguably one of the best coaches in football and Nike said, beep-beep, move over Adidas, we want back in on our lost child; they've now found their way.

Just saying, don't be surprised if nothing changes on and off the field, these custom jerseys and cleats don't start fading away. Everyone loves the new girl-friend, but at the end of the day, when you realize she's just as crazy as your last chick, the roses and wining and dining begin to stop. Right now, we are that new new girl friend. Hopefully, we morph into wifey material. Adidas is gambling on us, but history has shown for the past decade, that Miami has not been rewarding those who have put faith in us (see the Nike contract in 2004, and the ACC's bid to get us over into their conference.)

Advertisement
Adidas is actually on a comeback. They have some nice shoes coming out and I'm starting to see them everywhere

Well that settles it.

Okay how about this?Is Nike on a Decline? Sales for Adidas Products in North America Have Grown ? KicksOnFire.com

"According to financial data released today, adidas has achieved a growth of 7% for consumers, equivalent to $661 million in capital for the first quarter of this year, or precisely from the beginning of January to the end of March. Compared to last year, the company’s sales were on a 6% decline"

Again, moving up.

Advertisement
Adidas is actually on a comeback. They have some nice shoes coming out and I'm starting to see them everywhere

Well that settles it.

Okay how about this?Is Nike on a Decline? Sales for Adidas Products in North America Have Grown ? KicksOnFire.com

"According to financial data released today, adidas has achieved a growth of 7% for consumers, equivalent to $661 million in capital for the first quarter of this year, or precisely from the beginning of January to the end of March. Compared to last year, the company’s sales were on a 6% decline"

Again, moving up.
[MENTION=10126]KevinCaneFace[/MENTION]: Nice Try...but when you read the article, you clearly see that Nike is still stomping the ish out of Adidas and their growth margin had doubled Adidas. Also, it mentions how Kanye's influence could've sparked this increase, which is true. Adidas has grown on their fashion and soceer lines, NOT U.S sports athletics which is all we care about for FOOTBALL not FUTBOL when it comes down to image.

Well that settles it.

Again, moving up.
[MENTION=10126]KevinCaneFace[/MENTION]: Nice Try...but when you read the article, you clearly see that Nike is still stomping the ish out of Adidas and their growth margin had doubled Adidas. Also, it mentions how Kanye's influence could've sparked this increase, which is true. Adidas has grown on their fashion and soceer lines, NOT U.S sports athletics which is all we care about for FOOTBALL not FUTBOL when it comes down to image.

My point was that Adidas is growing now and that stat was for Nike was from last year. I never said Adidas is passing Nike but that Adidas is getting better and coming back when they were declining in past years

Advertisement
Back