Adam ElGammal

I really hope Butch Barry can teach and develop. The previous staffs brought in more talented guys and still did nothing with them. This class was full of projects so Barry has his work cut out for him.

Advertisement
If our coaches can turn any of the OL recruits from this cycle into a serviceable ACC starter, it will be one of the greatest developmental jobs of all time. I do not expect El Gammal to be a contributor at any point in his Miami career (a career which may not last 4 years).

Congrats to kid for putting in work. Definitely a project, so check back in a couple years. Hard to really tell from video, but needs to build up and strengthen lower body.

Advertisement
The positive take-away from this video is the kid appears willing to work to correct a weakness in his game (i.e., his lack of size and strength).

Personally, I am trying to forget him and Nelson are even on the team. Let them RS this year, work in the shadows to add weight, strength, and technique. Then, just maybe, if two years from now they demonstrate an ability to contribute to the team, it'll be like opening up a drawer in my liquor cabinet I hadn't opened in a while and discovering a bottle of Blanton's I'd hidden from myself.

Yeah yeah yeah... OBVIOUSLY Elgammal is not ready to start or contribute in his first year I swear you guys don't read y'all just run your mouths and repeat what everyone else is saying. Your in denial if you don't think he has more athletisim and a frame better than Kennedy right now. I bet you Kennedy will get his *** woren out in pass rush by trevon Hill and gurvin meanwhile most of you guys got a hard on because you think he's a serviceable tackle. It's gonna be a long day if he's the starter. However Elgammal is NOT the answer of another year or two. But for those of you who think he will never see the field YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT A GOOD OFFENSE TACKLE PROSPECT LOOKS LIKE.

Here’s an opinion. This guy and Zion have no business at Miami. Both will be gone from Miami in 2-3 years or never play a down their entire time here.

It’s hilarious reading comments from people that have no clue, somehow suggesting the kid has great footwork or stregnth based on watching a 1 minute video of blocking tires and doing lightweight shrugs.
It's hilarious to listen to you thinking that these two kids have no future at miami. There both freshman how clearly need developing as far as size... technique....and coaching. Both recuirts ( Elgammal and Zion) have the prototypical bodies your looking for at offensive tackle point blank! And my ANALYSIS ON BOTH OF THESE KIDS ARE BASED ON MORE THAN JUST ONE VIDEO. Your post was so assanin and YOU have no clue or have no business typing these silly post smh..

Advertisement
I might be one of the only guys to like the ElGammal signing.

Im not in any expectances for him for a solid 2 years..but if he progresses can be a 2 yr starter here.

He's going to take his lumps.

Put it like this when we signed Herbert i said the same thing about him as well. OL is a crap shoot...there arent much definate guys...which is why guys like Donaldson and Scaife are really good..as they came in above servicable.

Now its up for our ol coach to get MORE out of them and develop the Nelson's Elgammal to be solid depth at worst moving forward.

Cool. He's getting bigger.

Just watch his high school film. He was playing right tackle against a bunch of 5'8" jamokes and he hardly looked dominant. He looked pretty bad at times, even on a highlight video from hudl.

Now, I am not saying that his story is over and he'll be a nobody, but I am not in the business of expecting much with ElGammal.

I think Zion Nelson has a lot more potential than ElGammal...and I don't think Nelson was a take either. But at least Nelson flashed some left tackle ability, lined up at left tackle, and was out there punishing dudes on the second level that were probably in his range of weight.
Interesting how a kid who has only one year of football, which is impressive, is being judge so harshly and he hasn’t even set his foot on campus yet. Quite honestly none of these “High School” kids look super amazing on Hudl. I wonder If everyone criticizing him has even ever suited up before to speak like they really know. The jury is out on what he can or can’t do until he and the coaches have the opportunity to work together. All I see is a kid working hard determined to get ready for what’s ahead of him when he comes to campus. He is alot bigger than he was when he first signed. He’s working, which is what he should be doing and all he can do until he gets on campus. To honestly expect him to be beyond and instantaneously ready before a coach even has had a chance to work him is dumb. What should he be doing, sitting on his butt in his underwear eating hoagies instead. Give the kid chance before chopping him up. Hopefully none of these kids read these sights and “opinions”.

Advertisement
I think with him we all have to remember that he played football for the first time last year so obviously technique is gonna be great. I listened to his interview on caneshades and the kid sounds like a very hard worker. We will see has good potential
Totally agree. Kid seems like he has a good work ethic. Hard work beats “talent” everyday. He seems like he is athletic and with him apparently working hard prior to getting to campus, like most signees are probably doing, he seems like he is on the right path. This is a new coaching staff and everyone has to start from ground zero. He is in a position as long as he works hard and learns what the coaches want.

Interesting how a kid who has only one year of football, which is impressive, is being judge so harshly and he hasn’t even set his foot on campus yet. Quite honestly none of these “High School” kids look super amazing on Hudl. I wonder If everyone criticizing him has even ever suited up before to speak like they really know. The jury is out on what he can or can’t do until he and the coaches have the opportunity to work together. All I see is a kid working hard determined to get ready for what’s ahead of him when he comes to campus. He is alot bigger than he was when he first signed. He’s working, which is what he should be doing and all he can do until he gets on campus. To honestly expect him to be beyond and instantaneously ready before a coach even has had a chance to work him is dumb. What should he be doing, sitting on his butt in his underwear eating hoagies instead. Give the kid chance before chopping him up. Hopefully none of these kids read these sights and “opinions”.
Family..coach...friend?

Advertisement
Totally agree. Kid seems like he has a good work ethic. Hard work beats “talent” everyday. He seems like he is athletic and with him apparently working hard prior to getting to campus, like most signees are probably doing, he seems like he is on the right path. This is a new coaching staff and everyone has to start from ground zero. He is in a position as long as he works hard and learns what the coaches want.
In my opinion he just has to get stronger and work on technique him playing basketball should hopefully mean he is light on his feet

I don't see any bad weight. The kid looks very athletic. In a previous article, I wrote that these type of guys could be the blueprint for Miami's future LTs and high draft picks. Athletic lineman with great frames to build on. Think about it. Coming out of high school, An offensive lineman that is an athletic freak has more upside than a guy who is bigger and more polished. It makes more sense to go after the athletic under the radar, undersized (by weight) that's not a finished product because most offensive linemen don't play until their 3rd year in college anyway.

I'd rather get the right guys and develop them rather than putting in more polished high school players, but lower ceilings earlier to fill a gap. You need athletic LTs to deal with these freakish DEs. These type of guys are the cornerstone of any NFL franchise.

Multiple Pro Bowler LT Jason Peters from my beloved Philadelphia Eagles was a TE at Arkansas who went undrafted. An NFL coach suggested that Peters try to become an offensive lineman because he blocked well as a TE. He made the practice squad as a lineman. The rest is history.

Get these athletic dudes that played basketball. Put them in the 3-year pipeline and watch them feast.

Advertisement
Back