Adam ElGammal

Advertisement
Cool. He's getting bigger.

Just watch his high school film. He was playing right tackle against a bunch of 5'8" jamokes and he hardly looked dominant. He looked pretty bad at times, even on a highlight video from hudl.

Now, I am not saying that his story is over and he'll be a nobody, but I am not in the business of expecting much with ElGammal.

I think Zion Nelson has a lot more potential than ElGammal...and I don't think Nelson was a take either. But at least Nelson flashed some left tackle ability, lined up at left tackle, and was out there punishing dudes on the second level that were probably in his range of weight.

I actually saw a lot of good things with Zion Nelson. He looked like he was having fun out there and pushing and pulling kids naturally. I'd like to see him with his weight up in two years after facing our DE's in practice everyday. If he's got a dog mentality I could definitely see him panning out.

El Gammal has wayyy more question marks imo.

I like the athleticism of these big guys from NY but I do wonder how physical and tough they are when they face other tough physical guys.

I’d argue they play a little more physical brand of football in the northeast. Where I’m from we hold our breath when the ball goes in the air.

This kid looks better than the Kennedy kid already as far as size...frame..and definitely athletic ability. Tommy does have experience on him but that's about it. And I saw Tommy Kennedy up close and TBH he could sure use some S/C.
That's what worries me about Kennedy. Wish we had him in the program for two years.

Advertisement
You’re right, I should profess how great he’ll be after watching him block tires for 15 seconds and do a 20 second slow motion shrug. True diamond in the rough.
21 posts and you express and opinion? Not supposed to be posting here without posting minimum being met.

Did you get a waiver?

Needs to 2-3 years in a a s/c program to be able to play. Not expecting much until a few years down the line but he has the size and frame

Advertisement
Needs to 2-3 years in a a s/c program to be able to play. Not expecting much until a few years down the line but he has the size and frame

Agreed. I’m not expecting much from either Nelson or ElGammal until their RSo or RJr years, which is fine.

21 posts and you express and opinion? Not supposed to be posting here without posting minimum being met.

Did you get a waiver?

Here’s an opinion. This guy and Zion have no business at Miami. Both will be gone from Miami in 2-3 years or never play a down their entire time here.

It’s hilarious reading comments from people that have no clue, somehow suggesting the kid has great footwork or stregnth based on watching a 1 minute video of blocking tires and doing lightweight shrugs.

I was kind of disappointed after watching his basketball highlights because nothing in those videos indicated that he's an above average athlete in terms of speed, strength or even coordination. But he has great hands, hustles, plays smart and uses his body well on the court. His size is legit though and I believe his work ethic is too.

He definitely looks a lot bigger and stronger than he did last year, and I think he might be a late bloomer. But this guy is certainly going to be a project. I don't expect to see him play a snap against anyone other than Bethune-Cookman in 2019
He can dunk and moves pretty well on the court. That’s athleticism enough for me. Not speaking at all on his potential or his football ability. Just saying he looks plenty athletic.

Last edited:
video was pretty embarassing IMO. Hopefully the hard work will pay off for this kid. This video isn't showing me much.

Advertisement
Why? I can see maybe wondering if they can handle the speed of the players at the next level because their competition wasn't as strong, but why the toughness? Dude plays in snow, Florida is full of prima donna recruits who get in their feelings more than anything I've seen from grown 18 year old men. You aren't questioning them.
This. Not to over-generalize, but NY kids aren't the ones I'd immediately start questioning their toughness.

He can dunk and moves pretty well on the court. That’s athleticism enough for me. Not speaking at all on his potential or his football ability. Just saying he looks plenty athletic.

He was 6'7 250. If he couldn't dunk that would be majorly concerning.

I might have been a little bit harsh on him because I don't think he's "unathletic" by any means. But when you look at the fact that this was only his first year ever playing football, you would hope that we took him because he has a high athletic peak. The basketball highlights and these workout videos don't convince me he's anything particularly special in that department. Offensive line is way more than just athleticism, but I'm just trying to say that the coaches have their hands full with a prospect like this.

Doing what he's supposed to be doing. Before I critique a "signee" I like to give them a chance to show what they got against college guys. Kids body/frame looks good and can carry more weight and muscle easily.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back