Adam ElGammal update

Advertisement
Advertisement
The star whores dont like this move, but if he's 6'5 260 already with basketball athleticism, i like this move, and plus he wants to be here. If a coach goes off of his own evaluations, i can respect that.

Jason Peters, LT for the Eagles was recruited to be a DL at 6'4 275", and played TE. My comparison in how athletic he is.

We need OL and I'm hoping for the best. Some projects turn out to be studs, like Walford or Thriller.

Nothing against the kid specifically. I could see the take in a deep class. But I don't like the fact that we have a center-only commit and 2 projects at G/T. From what I saw of ElGammal's October HUDL highlight, he's more of a guard than tackle at college level, despite the basketball background. He had fast feet on a couple snaps, but was moving in quicksand on most of them, so needs a lot of work before he avoids being ragdolled by opposing DL.

I do like EG's aggressiveness and balance. But Nelson and he are stretches. Where's our #1 and #2 guys? These are guys you take as your third or fourth OL commits, and even then I'd rather take a local flyer like Smith or Fox. Heck, get R Brown back on the phone. Just too many misses and now hoping these admittedly potential diamonds turn out not to be lumps of coal.

Advertisement
. Where's our #1 and #2 guys? These are guys you take as your third or fourth OL commits, and even then I'd rather take a local flyer like Smith or Fox. l.

We missed on the #1 and #2 guys, plain and simple. Smith cried then played us and although I wouldn't argue with Fox, I wonder how high the ceiling is there. Coaches don't seem to like any of the local tackle prospects, plain and simple.

Advertisement

Never Forget

I always found that interesting.
Either there was a rumor out there floating that never came to fruition or someone is holding something back.
Never was addressed and it sure as **** didn’t sound like it was a response to knowing Simpson and everyone else got promoted.

I know you guys want the number 1 class ranking but guys stars dont matter it's about Heart. Especially with lineman.

Playing tackle is similar to playing tightend, its about not having cement feet, cause many defensive ends are or were power forwards in highschool. Not that its always easy but several bball players have become hall of fame type tightends in the nfl barely playing organized football. At 260, he's already in prime position to put another 20 to 25lbs, he'll be able to catch up to the speed of the game quickly, and foing against our d-lines will help bring out his athleticism faster.
Agree with you about basketball players Who become TE's (Jimmy Graham, e.g.). There have been TEs who have become good OTs. (UM's Mark Cooper, Eric Winston).

When I look at the OT recruits (Tommy Kennedy, Zion Nelson) I look for quick feet, balance, flexibility, and good use of hands. Overall, I look for twitchiness.

A lot of OLs are huge lumps who are really leaners. They probably can't be left tackles.

Advertisement
Andrew Tallman special.....

Sry cant get excited when the only highlight we get is a basketball clip.

I wish this kid success but ive seen this scenario way too many times before in the last 10+yrs with the "sleeper" prospects. Sleeper is just code word we got destroyed on the recruiting trail and are now desperate.
Whatever happened to Tallman? I remember videos of him dunking and running hurdles. And doing a cinnamon challenge. (I was sold after the cinnamon challenge--looked like he would go through anything without quitting ) Looked athletic.

Seemed like he was gone from the U in a matter of days.

I always found that interesting.
Either there was a rumor out there floating that never came to fruition or someone is holding something back.
Never was addressed and it sure as **** didn’t sound like it was a response to knowing Simpson and everyone else got promoted.

It was trolling dude...

You know, I don't think Searcy was highly rated. In fact, I didn't see him on a single list. That was pre-internet and that was when everything was printed recruiting newsletters and magazines. I had never seen Searcy's name on any list...I first got the name during a telephone call giving me the expected signees....my friend said "Hamlet, Golloher, Search, Miller....".....I kept saying, "who? Who? Who?" I had never heard of any of these guys. The only one who never became a good starter was Marty Golloher.

We missed on the #1 and #2 guys, plain and simple. Smith cried then played us and although I wouldn't argue with Fox, I wonder how high the ceiling is there. Coaches don't seem to like any of the local tackle prospects, plain and simple.

If he’s our third OL verbal, we are still facing a D class so far. You can take a Loftus and Mahoney if you have a St Louis and Gauthier in the class. One of these two ended up serviceable for us. But you can’t lead with stretches. I’m also not convinced either E.G. or Nelson stays at tackle if they do pan out. (Yes, I know Nelson is lighter than Harley right now, but I still see them both as better guard prospects) Hope we find a Boulware or better transfer at tackle in addition to at least one known quality HS tackle to get it to a C+/B- grade.

Advertisement
Back