Adam ElGammal update

Advertisement
The star whores dont like this move, but if he's 6'5 260 already with basketball athleticism, i like this move, and plus he wants to be here. If a coach goes off of his own evaluations, i can respect that.

We’re about to steal another stud from a big-time football power. Come on down, Hicham El Mashtoub![/QUOTE
The star whores dont like this move, but if he's 6'5 260 already with basketball athleticism, i like this move, and plus he wants to be here. If a coach goes off of his own evaluations, i can respect that.
Project of projects...but you never know.

If he's your fourth or fifth lineman in a class and your eyetest eval...sure. More power to the staff.

But its becoming clear that he may be the only tackle in the class. Maybe he's one of two tackles out of a three OL class. Its also clear he's a last minute, scramble take by a staff that poorly planned and executed for offensive linemen this year.

The issues with the take don't really have much to do with the kid, at least from my perspective. Its about the planning and execution that lead up to taking the kid.

Advertisement
Project of projects...but you never know.

Playing tackle is similar to playing tightend, its about not having cement feet, cause many defensive ends are or were power forwards in highschool. Not that its always easy but several bball players have become hall of fame type tightends in the nfl barely playing organized football. At 260, he's already in prime position to put another 20 to 25lbs, he'll be able to catch up to the speed of the game quickly, and foing against our d-lines will help bring out his athleticism faster.

Advertisement
All Y'all *****ing about taking a guy not ready to step right in?? We swung and missed (likely) on plug & play O-linemen and have to take what we can get at this point. Reality is Alabama is Michael Jackson and we Tito.

If he's your fourth or fifth lineman in a class and your eyetest eval...sure. More power to the staff.

But its becoming clear that he may be the only tackle in the class. Maybe he's one of two tackles out of a three OL class. Its also clear he's a last minute, scramble take by a staff that poorly planned and executed for offensive linemen this year.

The issues with the take don't really have much to do with the kid, at least from my perspective. Its about the planning and execution that lead up to taking the kid.

At the end of the day, unless a kid is elite of the elite, we not trying to rely on True freshmen starters on the o-line come next year anyway. So this is not that bad of a move, its just that people react and overreact to every move these days. Talent is talent, the staff is recruiting what are considered top level guys, alot of our o-line recruiting problems have been going after gaytor tainted o-linemen and dealing with trying to overcome the s.e.c. bag game, they pay heavy for those trench players. Which is why coach kehoe did it the way he did it!

Andrew Tallman special.....

Sry cant get excited when the only highlight we get is a basketball clip.

I wish this kid success but ive seen this scenario way too many times before in the last 10+yrs with the "sleeper" prospects. Sleeper is just code word we got destroyed on the recruiting trail and are now desperate.

Advertisement
I’d be fine with him if we had an OL coach that knew how to coach
The idea that coaches turn lead into gold is bogus. A good coach matters, and a bad coach can mess things up, but NFL linemen come from all sorts of places. We need to recruit the right kids ... AND coach them well. Maybe he’s that 2 star kid everyone overlooked, but discovering him in mid december sure seems suspect to me.

He's actually 6 foot 7, plenty of room for him to grow. I say take him at this point. Rosseau was a 3 star as well.
Stars don't mean ****. Let's get our strength and conditioning on him STAT.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back