Adam ElGammal update

Agree with you about basketball players Who become TE's (Jimmy Graham, e.g.). There have been TEs who have become good OTs. (UM's Mark Cooper, Eric Winston).

When I look at the OT recruits (Tommy Kennedy, Zion Nelson) I look for quick feet, balance, flexibility, and good use of hands. Overall, I look for twitchiness.

A lot of OLs are huge lumps who are really leaners. They probably can't be left tackles.

Exactly man, plus going up against an aggressive d-line all day long in practice, that'll force their talent to come out, but mostly its about heart!

Advertisement
I guess he's decommitted from Cincy, and is flipping to Miami?

We NEED tackles... and a new OL coach.

I guess he's decommitted from Cincy, and is flipping to Miami?

We NEED tackles... and a new OL coach.

Honestly just watch this kids tape and its rough. He has the frame, and some athletic ability, but he needs sooo much work. He doesnt use leverage, doesnt explode out of his stance, not great with his feet... not sure Searels is the guy to get the best out of this kid. I do think a real good OL coach could get some good use out of the kid though. That'll be two 2* reaches in this class on the OL. Someone remind me why Searels is still employed?

Advertisement
Well 247 just gave him a huge bump. Went from an 81 to an 86 and rose about 80-90 spots in the OT rankings. He is now ranked higher than guys like Kaleb Boateng and Mark Fox and is only 1 point worst than Tarquin (Tarquin is an 87 and he’s an 86). The composite doesn’t reflect this because other sites haven’t updated his ranking but if you base it on 247 I’d say this is a good find considering it’s the 11th hour.

Honestly just watch this kids tape and its rough. He has the frame, and some athletic ability, but he needs sooo much work. He doesnt use leverage, doesnt explode out of his stance, not great with his feet... not sure Searels is the guy to get the best out of this kid. I do think a real good OL coach could get some good use out of the kid though. That'll be two 2* reaches in this class on the OL. Someone remind me why Searels is still employed?
Actually after the rankings update neither of them are 2 stars and ElGammal is ranked pretty high right now. (Wouldn’t even be our lowest ranked commit).

Advertisement
Well 247 just gave him a huge bump. Went from an 81 to an 86 and rose about 80-90 spots in the OT rankings. He is now ranked higher than guys like Kaleb Boateng and Mark Fox and is only 1 point worst than Tarquin (Tarquin is an 87 and he’s an 86). The composite doesn’t reflect this because other sites haven’t updated his ranking but if you base it on 247 I’d say this is a good find considering it’s the 11th hour.
Maybe I should try to find his most recent highlights... maybe theyre better than what I
Actually after the rankings update neither of them are 2 stars and ElGammal is ranked pretty high right now. (Wouldn’t even be our lowest ranked commit).
Interesting. Perhaps the tape I saw was older. I think he has the ability to be a decent RT, but from what I saw, he's minimum 2 years away... and even then might just be a rotation guy. With the right OL coach he could be decent.

Maybe I should try to find his most recent highlights... maybe theyre better than what I

Interesting. Perhaps the tape I saw was older. I think he has the ability to be a decent RT, but from what I saw, he's minimum 2 years away... and even then might just be a rotation guy. With the right OL coach he could be decent.
I totally agree with you. I think he’s gonna need a shirt year for sure and then after that I think he can use another year. Gonna take work. Searels hasn’t been good but maybe he just changed his philosophy to getting long tackle like bodies even if they are raw because he feels like he can work with that instead of trying to convert highly ranked guards into tackles. He did great work in the past developing guys like Andrew Whitworth. Let’s jusy see what happens.

I like him better than Nelson he will have a tuff time with speed rushers but he has great hand position. He will be able to hand bull rushers(once he hits the weight room more). He will probably be a contributer year 2 or 3 depending on searls "development"

Advertisement
Hate to tell everyone this, we're not going to do much better than this kid. Don't use the fact that Searles probably can't develop him as a reason not to take the kid. He's a guy that'll probably start contributing after a couple of years. And if any, he'll be available for the next OL coach/staff to develop. I'd take this kid right now given the depth we need at tackle.

Hate to tell everyone this, we're not going to do much better than this kid. Don't use the fact that Searles probably can't develop him as a reason not to take the kid. He's a guy that'll probably start contributing after a couple of years. And if any, he'll be available for the next OL coach/staff to develop. I'd take this kid right now given the depth we need at tackle.
O line is a crazy position to predict man. I’m not even mad. 5 star o linemen don’t pan out more times than they do. The average rating for o linemen in the pro bowl is a 2.4. It’s just a tough position which is why I think focusing on leaner guys that are raw and don’t bring along bad tachniqhe they got in highschool is a good start.

I know its popular to criticize Searels right now. But I did some research and has coached a lot of good OL groups in the past. I am holding out hope here. For this season anyway

Advertisement
I'll say it again the staff definitely has a good eye for talent its closing them that's the issue, this kid is rising

O line is a crazy position to predict man. I’m not even mad. 5 star o linemen don’t pan out more times than they do. The average rating for o linemen in the pro bowl is a 2.4. It’s just a tough position which is why I think focusing on leaner guys that are raw and don’t bring along bad tachniqhe they got in highschool is a good start.

Agree with this. I just don't see the point of not taking in linemen because we're worried about being able to develop them. It's better taking a shot on a project than air.

When he gets to Miami he needs to find a big latina girlfriend and go salsa dancing twice a week, then by his redshirt sophomore year he will be a 300lb dancing bear with good hips and happy fast feet.

Go Canes

baixinho.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back