ACC Tournament

Advertisement
What does everyone think? Are we a lock for a national seed or do we need to make it to the semis to lock that up?

NC St always makes me nervous late in the year. Avent is a good baseball coach who seems to always have his team peaking at the end of the year and post season. That said, I like the Canes on Thursday w a fresh pitching staff as long as the bats stay hot.
Forecast calls for cool temps w fairly strong wind blowing in. I hope we have quality ABs and string hits vs trying to go yard every AB. An early lead would be nice as well.

What does everyone think? Are we a lock for a national seed or do we need to make it to the semis to lock that up?
If you mean top 16 seed, then I think we are in a very good position. I would never suggest that we don’t need to win and advance to help ourselves.

For instance, Florida is very likely to get a top 2-4 seed, and I would like very much to not be paired with them. The deeper the run Miami makes, the more likely we are seeded in the 10-12 range, as opposed to 14-16, and lessening our chances of being paired there in Supers.

If you mean top 16 seed, then I think we are in a very good position. I would never suggest that we don’t need to win and advance to help ourselves.

For instance, Florida is very likely to get a top 2-4 seed, and I would like very much to not be paired with them. The deeper the run Miami makes, the more likely we are seeded in the 10-12 range, as opposed to 14-16, and lessening our chances of being paired there in Supers.
That's what I meant top 16 seed. I was just curious since we tend to not play well come ACC tournament play.

Advertisement
Advertisement
So TAMU and Bama lose. Those were two of the last teams that could’ve swiped a regional host spot. The SEC tournament has been good for teams who were already in the mix to host.

TAMU 1-1
Bama 1-1
UK 0-1
UT 0-1

No one making a run, only the locks are left, aside from USCe. Auburn is the closest thing to a wild card, but every projection I saw had them hosting already.

So TAMU and Bama lose. Those were two of the last teams that could’ve swiped a regional host spot. The SEC tournament has been good for teams who were already in the mix to host.

TAMU 1-1
Bama 1-1
UK 0-1
UT 0-1

No one making a run, only the locks are left, aside from USCe. Auburn is the closest thing to a wild card, but every projection I saw had them hosting already.
B12 tourney is the wildcard right now. All of their “on the bubble to host” teams lost and WVU is down big in the 8th. Been a brutal day for all the 10-20 seeded teams that played. Here’s to hoping Auburn loses and continues that trend.

Wake smashing Pitt 7-1, T8

Other scores of note in the early window

KState shutout Texas 6-0
A&M shutout USCe 5-0

Advertisement
We couldn't ask for better outcomes thus far from the teams in our strata of potential regional hosts. Let's beat NCST tonight, get Ligon some innings this weekend and ride some momentum into next weekend (and hope the weather cooperates in Coral Gables the first few days of June).

Scoreboard update
Wake finishes off their drubbing if Pitt, 10-2

Bama and Auburn tied at 1, just getting started T2

Ok St takes 2 run lead over WVU in the 1st

UNC vs UVA first pitch at 3 eastern

Advertisement
I didn't say we would win the tournament, but we shouldn't be given a disadvantage either. I'm not being critical of you personally, but you were the one who said it was good for the fans. I'm just being honest, I've been going to UM Baseball games since 1987, the best thing for the fans is winning.

I like this winning idea.

Carry on.

Advertisement
Back