ACC Tournament

Advertisement
Pretty much. And it’s highly unlikely to happen, for good reason.

It’s wild that not picking up one game in April or whenever will cost us a national seed, but if it were us in their position I’d think we deserved it.
We are right behind Virgina in the latest projection this morning. If Miami wins the ACC in convincing fashion I don't see how a regular season coastal title and and a series sweep head to head a few months ago would keep them ahead of miami. Maybe I'm being a Homer. Also don't really know what all goes into it. But UVA couldn't even make it out of their own pool.

We are right behind Virgina in the latest projection this morning. If Miami wins the ACC in convincing fashion I don't see how a regular season coastal title and and a series sweep head to head a few months ago would keep them ahead of miami. Maybe I'm being a Homer. Also don't really know what all goes into it. But UVA couldn't even make it out of their own pool.
While I agree with you as a homer, we would go nuts if we lost a top 8 seed to a team we swept.

IMG_2248.jpeg

D1 this morning. Their feeling (and mine, WF and others’) is that no matter what happens today, we likely won’t jump UVA.

Advertisement
View attachment 239893

D1 this morning. Their feeling (and mine, WF and others’) is that no matter what happens today, we likely won’t jump UVA.
Agreed. I’m not much into conspiracy theories, but we all know Miami is not the type of team that’s gonna get that kind of love from the committee. If the situation where reversed, I’d bet money they’d have no problem putting UVA in over us and they would be gushing about how strongly they finished.

I’m not an expert into the nuances of seeding like many of you. But how is clemson a guaranteed top 8 seed? Especially if we beat them today. I’m surprised to see them projected closer to 5 than 8.

I don’t see much of a difference in the #’s between us and Clemson. What is killing us? Virginia sweep? Wake forest sweep (Got one back yesterday though)? We’ve been on an absolute tear to close the year just like them. They’ve swept why we’ve won series.

I’m struggling with this one if we find a way to win the **** thing today

Last edited:
I’m not an expert into the nuances of seeding like many of you. But how is clemson a guaranteed top 8 seed? Especially if we beat them today. I’m surprised to see them projected closer to 5 than 8.

I don’t see much of a difference in the #’s between us and Clemson. What is killing us? Virginia sweep? Wake forest sweep (Got one back yesterday though)? We’ve been on an absolute tear to close the year just like them. They’ve swept why we’ve won series.

I’m struggling with this one if we find a way to win the **** thing today
Higher RPI, still a slightly better aggregate ACC record even if we win, and an exceptional record against the top 50

Advertisement
View attachment 239893

I don’t hate that we ultimately lose out to Stanford bc of regular season. 50+ games should matter the most over one week. Same with UVA bc they swept us. We would be ****ed if it was reversed. Especially considering how many bad ACCT’s we’ve had after good regular seasons.

This team did what it needed to do. We came in hoping to get 10-12 and will end up being 10 at worst. That’s a win in my book.

BA also has us number 9 paired with UVA. Hosting Texas, Washington, and Maine
Which is probably what will happen, so they are assured of one less ACC team w a chance at Omaha. I will be very surprised if two SEC teams are opposite each other, but they may have to w the ACC and SEC since they get so many of the top 16.

Just keep playing the way we have been for the next two weekends and we can beat anyone.

Which is probably what will happen, so they are assured of one less ACC team w a chance at Omaha. I will be very surprised if two SEC teams are opposite each other, but they may have to w the ACC and SEC since they get so many of the top 16.

Just keep playing the way we have been for the next two weekends and we can beat anyone.
There’s 2 projected all SEC supers. It’s not a conspiracy, it’s the reality when you have 7 hosts and 4 of the top 8.

Last edited:
Advertisement
View attachment 239893

You mentioned this before.
If we take the middle game vs UVA, which we lost by a run, we’re in.
Yes, the games were at their place, but you just cant get swept.

There’s 2 projected all SEC supers. It’s not a conspiracy, it’s the reality when you have 7 hosts and 4 of the top 8.
Which is what I said in my second sentence. But just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't following you :).

And I actually think the Committee will try to avoid same conference pairings as much as possible vs having a perfect 1 - 16 seeding.

Advertisement
Which is what I said in my second sentence. But just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't following you :).

And I actually think the Committee will try to avoid same conference pairings as much as possible vs having a perfect 1 - 16 seeding.
It’s Miami’s fault. If this week would have gone poorly, we would be looking at one of the 4-6 SEC teams to matchup with. And you never know, they might pair us with Stanford just to avoid the matchup. There’s no chance Auburn, UK, or Bama get the 9-10 seed, so it’s us or Coastal. I think everyone would prefer Miami/Stanford and Coastal/UVA for that reason. We’ll test your theory tomorrow 😂

It’s Miami’s fault. If this week would have gone poorly, we would be looking at one of the 4-6 SEC teams to matchup with. And you never know, they might pair us with Stanford just to avoid the matchup. There’s no chance Auburn, UK, or Bama get the 9-10 seed, so it’s us or Coastal. I think everyone would prefer Miami/Stanford and Coastal/UVA for that reason. We’ll test your theory tomorrow 😂
No doubt, we improved our chances big time this week w our play, and not slipping to 13 - 15 or so. What's happened to Pac 12 and Big 12 baseball - only two total regional hosts?

Advertisement
Back