ACC Tournament

definitely been said but the tourney in Durham and 2 games the same time on Saturday at different sites is ridiculous.

Seats are pretty much empty as well. Makes zero sense considering Duke, NCSU, Wake, and UNC are are basically home teams

Advertisement
Fun stat of the day from the ACC Network:
Of 70 ACC teams with a top-60 RPI and at least a .500 conference record, only 1 did not make the tournament.
Take a wild guess….

definitely been said but the tourney in Durham and 2 games the same time on Saturday at different sites is ridiculous.

Seats are pretty much empty as well. Makes zero sense considering Duke, NCSU, Wake, and UNC are are basically home teams
Wake is not a home team anywhere. They have no fan base. As I said when the schedule came out, they couldn’t have done a worse job. A real disservice to fans.

On another note, playing both games early is the only chance they have at getting them in. Can’t fault them for that.

Advertisement
Fun stat of the day from the ACC Network:
Of 70 ACC teams with a top-60 RPI and at least a .500 conference record, only 1 did not make the tournament.
Take a wild guess….
Was this the year that ended our streak? Granted IMO we didn’t “deserve” to make it, being replaced by UCLA solely bc of geography, should’ve been a federal crime.

Wake is probably not even the most popular team in Winston Salem.

Advertisement
You guys think things are a go today?
IMG_0612.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Keep up the personal attacks and you’ll take a seat. Nobody mucks up threads like some of you, in fact the baseball forum is one of the least confrontational places on the site.

There were no personal attacks. He jumped into a conversation that I was having with NC Canes, and he doesn't like the fact that the weather issues made the second pool games relevant.

I've never been banned, and he has, multiple times under multiple screen names. I know where the strike zone is. There were no personal attacks, just an accurate mocking of his incorrect assessment of how meaningless the second games are.

There were no personal attacks. He jumped into a conversation that I was having with NC Canes, and he doesn't like the fact that the weather issues made the second pool games relevant.

I've never been banned, and he has, multiple times under multiple screen names. I know where the strike zone is. There were no personal attacks, just an accurate mocking of his incorrect assessment of how meaningless the second games are.
He’s been posting here fine all season. Literally all season, in every game thread, without problems. The issue was dead and you resurrected it. You told him to **** off. You are the problem here, not him.

He’s been posting here fine all season. Literally all season, in every game thread, without problems. The issue was dead and you resurrected it. You told him to **** off. You are the problem here, not him.

I didn't resurrect a dead issue, the rain did. We had a change of pitching strategy on the part of Wake Forest because the rain introduced a NEW reason for actually making an effort in Pool Game 2. There's literally a post involving Wake making a pitching change, which is what I responded to.

I get your point on language, but that's not a personal attack. Wake adjusted their pitching rotation last night because the rain might wash out the semis and the finals. That's a consideration that had NOT been taken into account when some people were saying that the Friday games were meaningless.

Just look back at the thread. Twice he jumped into my comments to other people, and I told him to f off. That's not a personal attack, it's a brushback pitch. He doesn't have to take my comments to other people as personal affronts to himself.

I think throwing games and/or giving minimal effort is bad competiveness and bad karma in every situation, regardless of whether it's in college baseball or Survivor or seniors shuffleboard.

It's funny that the weather made that point too.

Advertisement
Back