ACC Tournament

I didn't resurrect a dead issue, the rain did. We had a change of pitching strategy on the part of Wake Forest because the rain introduced a NEW reason for actually making an effort in Pool Game 2. There's literally a post involving Wake making a pitching change, which is what I responded to.

I get your point on language, but that's not a personal attack. Wake adjusted their pitching rotation last night because the rain might wash out the semis and the finals. That's a consideration that had NOT been taken into account when some people were saying that the Friday games were meaningless.

Just look back at the thread. Twice he jumped into my comments to other people, and I told him to f off. That's not a personal attack, it's a brushback pitch. He doesn't have to take my comments to other people as personal affronts to himself.

I think throwing games and/or giving minimal effort is bad competiveness and bad karma in every situation, regardless of whether it's in college baseball or Survivor or seniors shuffleboard.

It's funny that the weather made that point too.
Look I agree with your point, I did last week when you made it. It’s the manner in which it was made and the way it was reinforced this afternoon.

This forum is remarkably clean when it comes to combativeness. Its an oasis on the site, and all want it to stay that way.

Please keep your points the focus, not anything or anyone outside of that.

Advertisement
Look I agree with your point, I did last week when you made it. It’s the manner in which it was made and the way it was reinforced this afternoon.

This forum is remarkably clean when it comes to combativeness. Its an oasis on the site, and all want it to stay that way.

Please keep your points the focus, not anything or anyone outside of that.

Fair enough. I'm just tired of him jumping in when nobody was addressing him. Everyone's entitled to their opinions (which is exactly how mine started out, I felt that the schedule was terrible), but he jumps in with arrogant know-it-all takes when you're not even talking to him.

It's all good, I'm letting it go. Everything I predicted has come to pass. Between all the Pool Game 2s having meaning and value, to the ACC ******* up by putting the better game on the stream, I've been pretty accurate the last few days.

I just wanted to clarify with you personally, since I didn't think there were any personal attacks. Maybe I went hard, but nothing personal.

Fair enough. I'm just tired of him jumping in when nobody was addressing him. Everyone's entitled to their opinions (which is exactly how mine started out, I felt that the schedule was terrible), but he jumps in with arrogant know-it-all takes when you're not even talking to him.

It's all good, I'm letting it go. Everything I predicted has come to pass. Between all the Pool Game 2s having meaning and value, to the ACC ******* up by putting the better game on the stream, I've been pretty accurate the last few days.

I just wanted to clarify with you personally, since I didn't think there were any personal attacks. Maybe I went hard, but nothing personal.
Seems like a lot of conversation about nothing.

After last night it was clear that this team wanted to go out there and win it all...and it doesn't matter how much anyone tries their best to pick apart this team and the decision making...they're getting proven wrong, today anyway.

What I saw in this game, at the plate, on the field, and from the dugout...yes coaches decisions.

And to top it all off, the pitching conversation was mute to begin with because we got Ligon in there and he got his 50 in...not to mention we rode Rosario, who has been hammered by the "baseball guys" on Herr all season.

Wake literally has zero excuse for losing tonight, they lost to a team that wanted it more, but not without regard to the bigger picture

Advertisement
Seems like a lot of conversation about nothing.

After last night it was clear that this team wanted to go out there and win it all...and it doesn't matter how much anyone tries their best to pick apart this team and the decision making...they're getting proven wrong, today anyway.

What I saw in this game, at the plate, on the field, and from the dugout...yes coaches decisions.

And to top it all off, the pitching conversation was mute to begin with because we got Ligon in there and he got his 50 in...not to mention we rode Rosario, who has been hammered by the "baseball guys" on Herr all season.

Wake literally has zero excuse for losing tonight, they lost to a team that wanted it more, but not without regard to the bigger picture

I mean, Rosario was fantastic today and got us to the championship game. Great for him and hopefully great for us. But the criticism aimed at him for two years was spot on.

Evening score board. Lots of action

Vandy up 5-0 over Gayta B2
Ok St vs Texas Tech 0-0 T3
ECU beats USF 3-1
Campbell wins Big South over SC Upstate
App St upsets So Miss 4-2
TAMU beats Arky to go to SEC finals
Louisiana beat Coastal
UConn wins Big East
Maryland beats Nebraska

Evening score board. Lots of action

Vandy up 5-0 over Gayta B2
Ok St vs Texas Tech 0-0 T3
ECU beats USF 3-1
Campbell wins Big South over SC Upstate
App St upsets So Miss 4-2
TAMU beats Arky to go to SEC finals
Louisiana beat Coastal
UConn wins Big East
Maryland beats Nebraska
Thanks for posting these updates. Do we need to be rooting against anyone (other than Clemson), to increase our chances of hosting a super?

Advertisement
Advertisement
So...hear me out here, do they go all out to win the ACC or rest the arms for the upcoming regional? Does the ACC championship accomplish much in the grand scheme...a top 8 seed? Curious. I know the first reaction is the guys played their asses off the last three games to get here so you try to win it, but to what end?

Coastal got eliminated by Louisiana in the semis, but they weren’t projected as a national seed. Outside of them, im not sure there is anything left for us to gain through other teams. Everyone else in the D1 projections look pretty comfortable. Our only chance is to beat Clemson and jump UVA for 8, right?

Advertisement
Coastal got eliminated by Louisiana in the semis, but they weren’t projected as a national seed. Outside of them, im not sure there is anything left for us to gain through other teams. Everyone else in the D1 projections look pretty comfortable. Our only chance is to beat Clemson and jump UVA for 8, right?
Pretty much. And it’s highly unlikely to happen, for good reason.

It’s wild that not picking up one game in April or whenever will cost us a national seed, but if it were us in their position I’d think we deserved it.

Wouldnt all pitchers have at least 5days rest between today and regionals? Isnt that standard?

Advertisement
Back