ACC Tournament

Ok, I am confused. Originally we were set to play NCSt Thursday and Duke Friday. But during the game last night they kept saying that We were playing NCSt for a spot against Wake Saturday. What's going on?

Advertisement
Ok, I am confused. Originally we were set to play NCSt Thursday and Duke Friday. But during the game last night they kept saying that We were playing NCSt for a spot against Wake Saturday. What's going on?
With the way the tournament is set up, we were in a do-or-die game with NCST after they beat Duke in their first game. Our game with Duke is irrelevant to the tournament outcome either way

It’s the nature of pool play.

Miami has the tiebreaker in the event of a 1-1-1 tie between all 3 teams, by virtue of being the highest seeded team in our pool.

The benefit of last night was more that we kept NCSU from having a 2-0 record, thereby winning the pool and advancing. Since they cannot go 2-0 and we win the tiebreaker even if we lose today, we advance.

by beating NCS insured that at worse all 3 teams could be 1-1. In that case top seed in each bracket wins . So beating NCS guarantees us that no matter what happens today.

Advertisement
Advertisement
D1 has us as a 12 across from 5 Clemson.

ECU, TCU, Wright St in the regional.

Not a bad regional draw. ECU is solid not great. Pitching depth is the issue. Their offense is good, but numbers are a bit inflated playing at Clark Leclair. TCU is the real wildcard. That matchup will be a good one.

D1 has us as a 12 across from 5 Clemson.

ECU, TCU, Wright St in the regional.

Not a bad regional draw. ECU is solid not great. Pitching depth is the issue. Their offense is good, but numbers are a bit inflated playing at Clark Leclair. TCU is the real wildcard. That matchup will be a good one.

Both of those are good enough that they each have to use their ace while we sit back and let Rosario shove against Wright State. I don’t see any down side there…

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back