ACC Tournament

Advertisement
UNC goes up 6-2 in the 7th. Still has guys on.

These NC teams have such an advantage. Place isn’t full but the people there are pretty one sided.

Now 7-2.

These NC teams have such an advantage. Place isn’t full but the people there are pretty one sided.

Now 7-2.
Carolina could be the 12 seed and somehow win their pool. They always show up in this tourney. I really don’t get it. Doing this without their best player is wild.

Now 7-2.
Which begs the question - there isn't a spring training site in FL somewhere that could host the tourney, say, every 5th year or so?

Advertisement
Which begs the question - there isn't a spring training site in FL somewhere that could host the tourney, say, every 5th year or so?

It has been held in St. Pete and Jacksonville. But it makes more sense to have it centrally located, which unfortunately means North Carolina.

Advertisement
Late night score board

Arizona State beat Oregon St 14-10
Arkansas wins 5-4 over LSU
Xavier over UConn 10-2
Dallas Baptist wins 10-2 over Western KY
Gayta beats Vandy 6-3

Greenville, SC would be a great host site. It's centrally located. Red Sox single A affiliate has a newer downtown ballpark. That place would be packed out a lot of games.

Clemson would get a fan boost for sure, but the ACC tournament has been held there before but Mike Martin complained about Clemson having too much of a home field advantage.

Greenville, SC would be a great host site. It's centrally located. Red Sox single A affiliate has a newer downtown ballpark. That place would be packed out a lot of games.

Clemson would get a fan boost for sure, but the ACC tournament has been held there before but Mike Martin complained about Clemson having too much of a home field advantage.
Great town and great ballpark. Furman is right there. Shoeless Joe’s old package store as well.

Advertisement

Greenville would be awesome. I could actually do that trip. You could draw people from the north and east sides of metro Atlanta, and still draw from Charlotte.

Greenville would be awesome. I could actually do that trip. You could draw people from the north and east sides of metro Atlanta, and still draw from Charlotte.
I for one...am a huge advocate for Greenville. As a matter fact it was recently announced that Spartanburg is getting a new stadium for a Low A affiliate from the Rangers

Yeah, that stadium is designed to look like a slightly smaller version of Fenway. It's a lot of fun, I've seen a few games there. And it's close to the Shoeless Joe Jackson museum.

Advertisement
Durham weekend weather
Saturday
Showers likely, mainly after 2pm. Cloudy, with a high near 56. Northeast wind 13 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
Saturday Night
Showers. Low around 53. Northeast wind 14 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
Sunday
Showers likely, mainly before 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 64. Northeast wind 11 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Durham weekend weather
Saturday
Showers likely, mainly after 2pm. Cloudy, with a high near 56. Northeast wind 13 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
Saturday Night
Showers. Low around 53. Northeast wind 14 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
Sunday
Showers likely, mainly before 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 64. Northeast wind 11 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
Cool and damp is not ideal for Ligon’s return

I just read the Baseball America projections as of 53 minutes ago . They have us as a 10th seed with TAM and Oregon State in our regional. Plus they also have 8 ACC teams in play. I don’t believe that plus can’t believe we get such a tough regional but it will not surprise me.

Advertisement
Back