ACC Tournament

Who are we rooting for tonight? Must win vs NC State would be easier but worse case scenario is losing that game with Ziehl and going 0 and 2.

Advertisement
Who are we rooting for tonight? Must win vs NC State would be easier but worse case scenario is losing that game with Ziehl and going 0 and 2.
I lean NC State. If that’s the game that matters and you lose it with Ziehl, you at least know to throw the whole staff at Duke to try to avoid going 0-2.

Looks like Duke is gambling and saving Gow for us. Not going great so far onto their third pitcher with four runs home in the 2nd.

Looks like Duke is gambling and saving Gow for us. Not going great so far onto their third pitcher with four runs home in the 2nd.
7-3 NCSU in the 5th. I know jack crap about the Wolfpack, but I’m hoping they threw their ace tonight. They really need wins to make the tourney tho, so Thursday night won’t be easy regardless.

Advertisement
Not ACC-related but Kentucky, a team some have slotted above us in terms of regional host rankings, is trailing Alabama 4-0 B8. Early bounce from the SEC tourney pushes them back a few pegs imo.
I think the SEC teams are their own little ecosystem and will cannibalize each other. So out of Auburn, Tenn, Bama, Kentucky, etc, only so many will get host spots. UT lost today and is out for a host, meaning UK, Auburn, Bama are likely fighting it out for 1-2 spots.

The wildcard might be TAMU, but again they won’t add to the SEC total, just take one from one of their peers.

I lean NC State. If that’s the game that matters and you lose it with Ziehl, you at least know to throw the whole staff at Duke to try to avoid going 0-2.
I say we throw the whole dang staff on Thursday. 1st game is a must win.

7-3 NCSU in the 5th. I know jack crap about the Wolfpack, but I’m hoping they threw their ace tonight. They really need wins to make the tourney tho, so Thursday night won’t be easy regardless.
Looks like they threw their Saturday starter. Their Friday starter isn’t much better statistically, and he really got knocked around earlier in the season by some team called Miami.

Advertisement
Not ACC-related but Kentucky, a team some have slotted above us in terms of regional host rankings, is trailing Alabama 4-0 B8. Early bounce from the SEC tourney pushes them back a few pegs imo.
KY has an RPI of 2 and SOS of 1 so the committee will take care of them but would be nice to move away from having TN in our projected bracket. That team has some arms to make trouble in a regional.

The "advantage you earned throughout the full regular season" is to play weaker teams. Not to sit back and half-*** it because you are trying to throw a game with minimal effort so you can try harder next time.

I'm not sure what your deal is with the regionals, I didn't say a word about that.

I've limited myself to THE ACC TOURNAMENT, so try to stay on topic.

If the ACC Tournament is so worthless, then cancel it. But if you are going to play the ACC Tournament, let's not turn it into a ****** Christmas Day bowl game that nobody cares about and half the seniors opt out of.
That advantage also includes only having to win one game against those weaker teams. Idk what’s so hard to grasp about that. You can either be dumb and try to win both or be smart and not waste pitching in the one that doesn’t matter. You’re so caught up in not having a day off, but can’t see that having only one game that matters is a built in day off.

Sub par pitching. Good hitting team that is seeing the ball well of late. They are a lesser version of us. Higher ceiling, lower floor than Duke.

Advertisement
Advertisement
NCST up 7-5 going into the 9th. Duke left base loaded with a backwards punchy on a ball way outside. Yeesh

If I’m Pollard I’m getting rung right there. One of the worst strike calls I’ve seen all year. Unacceptable.

Advertisement
Back