ACC Tournament

Advertisement
They’re talking about UNC sneaking into that 8 spot. Just in case y’all needed another reminder about how important the ACCT is.
That would be fitting. Lose a top 8 seed to a team we swept. But, that’s what happens when you leave things in doubt. Miami can only blame themselves.

Advertisement
That would be fitting. Lose a top 8 seed to a team we swept. But, that’s what happens when you leave things in doubt. Miami can only blame themselves.
Turns out you aren’t ever “locked in” unless you’re a top 3 team going into your tourney.

Advertisement
True. But ****. Hard to swallow
It's the body of work and I believe the more recent body of work is a better indicator of where the teams are. If we get a #9 seed, it could work out if we play well and the #8 isn't UNC. I have a feeling a #2 seeded ACC team is going to win a regional against a top 8 seed. We could wind up hosting a super against an ACC team if we play well winning our regional. I just don't want to travel to Chapel Hill with UNC playing so well.

Last edited:
I hear crickets from the critics that said it didn't matter.
seriously Where are you getting this from? Your argument was about the players “caring and wanting to win it all”. No one on this board said let’s go out and lose two games. It was always win one game and your probably safe as a top 8… win 2 games and you’re a lock. Anything after that is just depleting arms and bodies. I don’t recall anyone on his board saying acc tournament doesn’t matter so let’s lose 2 games

seriously Where are you getting this from? Your argument was about the players “caring and wanting to win it all”. No one on this board said let’s go out and lose two games. It was always win one game and your probably safe as a top 8… win 2 games and you’re a lock. Anything after that is just depleting arms and bodies. I don’t recall anyone on his board saying acc tournament doesn’t matter so let’s lose 2 games
There were several who said winning the ACC didn't matter and unimportant. It does as we're about to find out. I made several arguments including what winning and losing could do.

So many living in the past. We haven't won a national championship in 20+ years in football or baseball. Conference championships matter.

Last edited:
There were several who said winning the ACC didn't matter and unimportant. It does as we're about to find out. I made several arguments including what winning and losing could do.

So many living in the past. We haven't won a national championship in 20+ years in football or baseball. Conference championships matter.
Not true at all. We didn’t need to win the ACCT. We needed to avoid 0-2. And still, not one person here said that none of the games matter.

For someone who gets so much stuff wrong, you sure are self righteous.

Advertisement
Not true at all. We didn’t need to win the ACCT. We needed to avoid 0-2. And still, not one person here said that none of the games matter.

For someone who gets so much stuff wrong, you sure are self righteous.
You don't know what you're talking about and your trying to change what I said. It isn't that we needed to win it. I NEVER said that. It would have improved our standing. that's the point. Go up or go down. We could have got a #2 seed in winning plus adding to the trophy case.

You come here late at then end of the season and want to chime in with barely 500 posts. You should just keep quiet.

Maybe a 9 or 10 will be a blessing in disguise, since we'd be opposite someone very similar to our team in terms of inconsistent play throughout the year.

It might be what this team and staff need to wake them up and take care of business in the Regional vs assuming we have it won simply because it's at Mark Light.

Maybe a 9 or 10 will be a blessing in disguise, since we'd be opposite someone very similar to our team in terms of inconsistent play throughout the year.

It might be what this team and staff need to wake them up and take care of business in the Regional vs assuming we have it won simply because it's at Mark Light.
I really think 1 or 2 top 8 seeds will lose to a #2 seed. If we win our regional, we could still wind up hosting a super.

Advertisement
You don't know what you're talking about and your trying to change what I said. It isn't that we needed to win it. I NEVER said that. It would have improved our standing. that's the point. Go up or go down. We could have got a #2 seed in winning plus adding to the trophy case.

You come here late at then end of the season and want to chime in with barely 500 posts. You should just keep quiet.
Wait, a guy who doesn’t know how a four team tournament works is dismissing someone over post count? I’ve seen it all.

You want to point out all the posters who said none of the games matter? That’s what you’re here crowing about. Back it up.

Oh, and please tell me again how winning the ACCT propelled Duke to that Super against Vanderbilt. 😂😂

D1Baseball earlier today.

30D2A5E8-A757-4FDB-833B-9AF2A9BCCD12.jpeg

Advertisement
Back