ACC Tournament

There still isn’t any evidence that any seeding was done after 16. There just isn’t. You can keep chanting “Notre Dame” while pairing conference opponents together if you want, but there is overwhelming evidence that it played out exactly as it always does.

Will you concede your two newly found errors?
Screen Shot 2022-05-30 at 6.42.21 PM.png

Advertisement
No matter how many times you post it, this isn’t evidence that there was any seeding done past number 16.

To you, maybe. Rational, more well-balanced folks might disagree. People like, you know... the college baseball community and nearly everyone who covers it.

Your defensiveness, BS, constant desire to deflect and deter has grown tiresome. Maybe we can do this again with one of your next user names one day. Take care.

To you, maybe. Rational, more well-balanced folks might disagree. People like, you know... the college baseball community and nearly everyone who covers it.

Your defensiveness, BS, constant desire to deflect and deter has grown tiresome. Maybe we can do this again with one of your next user names one day. Take care.
If everyone thought that way, you wouldn't keep posting the same blurb over and over.

Any thoughts on Auburn getting the easiest regional, since the committee seeded the field?

Advertisement
He’s essentially the full price version of Toral, so I expect FSU to dingle a dollar on a string in front of him.
I’d take him in a heartbeat. White was just 5th on his team in K’s, good for 21% of his AB’s. Toral had a 39% k rate. White also hits for average to go along with an absurd OPS.

Advertisement
I’d take him in a heartbeat. White was just 5th on his team in K’s, good for 21% of his AB’s. Toral had a 39% k rate. White also hits for average to go along with an absurd OPS.
I wasn’t knocking him, I was saying he does everything that Toral was supposed to do.

Advertisement
There still isn’t any evidence that any seeding was done after 16. There just isn’t. You can keep chanting “Notre Dame” while pairing conference opponents together if you want, but there is overwhelming evidence that it played out exactly as it always does.

Will you concede your two newly found errors?
You are correct on geography as a priority, but incorrect in seeding beyond 16. We all know the top 16 seeds are seeded nationally. The committee does try to keep teams within a region as a priority. We've played UF and other Florida schools in regionals when they have qualified. We would have had UF in our regional if they weren't hosting.

The committee puts teams into the 16 regional geography buckets, There will be teams that get moved for several reasons such as same conference, too many teams in their closest region, or no team in their region.

ND had no close region to play in. Their closest region would have bumped some other team that was closer to the host than ND.

UCLA and Arizona's closest geographic hosts are Stanford and Oregon State, but could not be placed there as conference opponents.

So, all the remaing teams that had no region or pushed out of a region had to go somewhere and here's where the committee ranks them. They didn't just draw from a hat. You know this because you have ND going to #16 Georgia Southern and UCLA going to #14 Auburn and Arizona going to #7 Miami. ND was higher ranked, better RPI than the other 2. UCLA finished with a better conference record and won 2 of 3 against Arizona even though Arizona had the better RPI. So, these teams are in an lower or higher seeded regional based on how the committee ranked them.

You also have a ranking and seeding of the lower seeded teams. This is why Canisius is in Miami and not in Maryland which is much closer. You have Hofstra, Army and Long Island all less than 20 miles apart with Canisius in the same state. They weren't just randomly thrown into other regions.

Hofstra RPI 117 --> #10
Long Island RPI 135 --> #15
Army RPI 154 --> #11
Canisius RPI 169 --> #7

So, Miami with the better seed, got the weakest of the #4 seeded teams in the Northeast.

Hofstra is the outlier here as they were sent to #10 and not #15, given they have a better RPI than Long Island. The reason they're in the #10 regional is because they lost 3 of 4 head to head games to Long Island. Clearly there was some type of ranking going on here. It wasn't randomly chosen.

So, the teams are selected by geography. They are also seeded within each regional 1-4 and the remaining teams not fitting are seeded which is why we see them all over the country playing teams based on some seeding rank.

What is unclear is how the committee ranks the teams in the initial regional buckets. They either put teams into regional buckets an then rank them or they rank all 64 teams, but place them geographically. In either case there is a ranking with geography in play.

We can also hypothesize. For example, If Miami were the #1 seed, and Florida was #17 followed by UCF at #18, I'm certain the committee wouldn't have them playing in our #1 region just to keep geography making UF a #2 seed and UCF (they're not in - hypothetical) a #3 seed. They would send them elsewhere as both being #2 seeds or maybe keep UCF at #2, but definitely not both. So, clearly there is a ranking of the teams to assign a seed to be placed geographically.

This should clear the air on whether teams outside of the top 16 get ranked and seeded. I've proved that the committee ranks them. We just don't know their formula as it relates to geography.

Last edited:
Advertisement
You are correct on geography as a priority, but incorrect in seeding beyond 16. We all know the top 16 seeds are seeded nationally. The committee does try to keep teams within a region as a priority. We've played UF and other Florida schools in regionals when they have qualified. We would have had UF in our regional if they weren't hosting.

The committee puts teams into the 16 regional geography buckets, There will be teams that get moved for several reasons such as same conference, too many teams in their closest region, or no team in their region.

ND had no close region to play in. Their closest region would have bumped some other team that was closer to the host than ND.

UCLA and Arizona's closest geographic hosts are Stanford and Oregon State, but could not be placed there as conference opponents.

So, all the remaing teams that had no region or pushed out of a region had to go somewhere and here's where the committee ranks them. They didn't just draw from a hat. You know this because you have ND going to #16 Georgia Southern and UCLA going to #14 Auburn and Arizona going to #7 Miami. ND was higher ranked, better RPI than the other 2. UCLA finished with a better conference record and won 2 of 3 against Arizona even though Arizona had the better RPI. So, these teams are in an lower or higher seeded regional based on how the committee ranked them.

You also have a ranking and seeding of the lower seeded teams. This is why Canisius is in Miami and not in Maryland which is much closer. You have Hofstra, Army and Long Island all less than 20 miles apart with Canisius in the same state. They weren't just randomly thrown into other regions.

Hofstra RPI 117 --> #10
Long Island RPI 135 --> #15
Army RPI 154 --> #11
Canisius RPI 169 --> #7

So, Miami with the better seed, got the weakest of the #4 seeded teams in the Northeast.

Hofstra is the outlier here as they were sent to #10 and not #15, given they have a better RPI than Long Island. The reason they're in the #10 regional is because they lost 3 of 4 head to head games to Long Island. Clearly there was some type of ranking going on here. It wasn't randomly chosen.

So, the teams are selected by geography. They are also seeded within each regional 1-4 and the remaining teams not fitting are seeded which is why we see them all over the country playing teams based on some seeding rank.

What is unclear is how the committee ranks the teams in the initial regional buckets. They either put teams into regional buckets an then rank them or they rank all 64 teams, but place them geographically. In either case there is a ranking with geography in play.

We can also hypothesize. For example, If Miami were the #1 seed, and Florida was #17 followed by UCF at #18, I'm certain the committee wouldn't have them playing in our #1 region just to keep geography making UF a #2 seed and UCF (they're not in - hypothetical) a #3 seed. They would send them elsewhere as both being #2 seeds or maybe keep UCF at #2, but definitely not both. So, clearly there is a ranking of the teams to assign a seed to be placed geographically.

This should clear the air on whether teams outside of the top 16 get ranked and seeded. I've proved that the committee ranks them. We just don't know their formula as it relates to geography.

Well said. And obviously 1000% correct. As everyone who follows college baseball already knows. But I doubt it will work on him. Logic doesn't matter with this guy. He can't admit to being wrong about anything and still live with himself, regardless of how clearly and obviously dumb his take was. He will dig in further and further until the Chinese snatch him out of the ground. :)

Well said. And obviously 1000% correct. As everyone who follows college baseball already knows. But I doubt it will work on him. Logic doesn't matter with this guy. He can't admit to being wrong about anything and still live with himself, regardless of how clearly and obviously dumb his take was. He will dig in further and further until the Chinese snatch him out of the ground. :)

I have 30 examples of teams being placed because of convenience over seeding. You keep talking about the same regional, and your two main points were both wrong. I can take the insults, since I'm in your head and it's funny, but if you really want to discuss this, tell me about the Auburn region.

I have 30 examples of teams being placed because of convenience over seeding. You keep talking about the same regional, and your two main points were both wrong. I can take the insults, since I'm in your head and it's funny, but if you really want to discuss this, tell me about the Auburn region.

LOL funny how you're ducking @Number1CanesFan and his post which vaporized you again.

Jesus you are such a simple case study, Francis. Too chicken**** to respond to him?

:LOL:

LOL funny how you're ducking @Number1CanesFan and his post which vaporized you again.

Jesus you are such a simple case study, Francis. Too chicken**** to respond to him?

:LOL:

Again, I put him on ignore, because he's an idiot and our back and forth was affecting the board, so I have no idea what he said. I think that was supported by @IndayArtHauz

Similarly, your insults are causing the same thing. You keep coming at me personally, when I've asked several times for you to just explain the seeding that led to the Auburn region. If you're going to keep coming at me, I'll have to keep bringing up the elementary level mistakes you and that other guy continue to make.

Advertisement
Back