ACC Tournament

Sorry if this was already addressed, but how would a 3-way tie of 1-1 teams be resolved? Does being the highest seed give us an advantage in that scenario?

Advertisement
Sorry if this was already addressed, but how would a 3-way tie of 1-1 teams be resolved? Does being the highest seed give us an advantage in that scenario?

That is correct. That is why our game against the UVA-UNC loser is meaningless as far as advancing in the ACCT is concerned.

Whoever wins between UNC/UVA decides who we throw. We only have to beat the winner of that game. This is why being a top 4 seed was so important

Advertisement
I doubt the committee puts too much stock in the ACC tourney or any major conference tourney.

i'm curious, why do you think that?

it's another set of games to use to showcase the resume' … not really different than in basketball or all the other NCAA sports, basketball, softball, lacrosse, hockey, etc. etc. where the selection committees have the benefit of the conference tourneys, and they are relevant and important.

what's the reason you think baseball is different, as I've never heard that it is

it's another set of games to use to showcase the resume' … not really different than in basketball or all the other NCAA sports, basketball, softball, lacrosse, hockey, etc. etc. where the selection committees have the benefit of the conference tourneys, and they are relevant and important.

what's the reason you think baseball is different, as I've never heard that it is

Maybe CTCANE has inside info, but I have always thought the thought process was this: it's a two or three game sample size vs a 30 game regular season conference schedule. Thus, don't penalize a team for a <10% sample size (even smaller % when you count all regular season games).

And my understanding is that basketball doesn't put much weight on them either, at least not for the top seeds.

Advertisement
Just curious, if we go 4-0 or 3-1 in the ACC tourney. How would that affect our seeding for the NCAA’s?
Higher seeding as a regional host, which potentially effects our Super Regional pairing (if both top seeds win their respective regional).

Ask him how Florida State became a national seed last year and why Texas Tech lost their national seed. Or why Georgia dropped from a projected #4 to #8.

Maybe CTCANE has inside info, but I have always thought the thought process was this: it's a two or three game sample size vs a 30 game regular season conference schedule. Thus, don't penalize a team for a <10% sample size (even smaller % when you count all regular season games).

And my understanding is that basketball doesn't put much weight on them either, at least not for the top seeds.

They don't start from scratch on May 21st, but the conference tournaments do matter. FSU played themselves into a national seed in 2018 and a host in 2017 because of their performance in the ACC tournament.

Advertisement
Thank you.

Say what you will about Jagr, and he's definitely a cynical jackass more often than not, but the man knows college baseball.

You have the same IP address as the Gnome............... Color me skeptical.

What happened to the prediction after the NCState series that "UM would not make it to the post-season for the third year in a row..........".

Is this guy the board's biggest liar, or what? Still waiting for him to show the evidence that I have a degree from UF. He has my full permission to post my name and degree.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back