ACC Tournament

I don’t see how winning the series at wake meant going from a 15/16 seed to 12/13 seed projection but not sweeping duke means we’re on the hosting bubble? I think we’re playing this week starting at a 13 with a possibility of going up to a 9 provided we win the tourney.

Advertisement
I don’t see how winning the series at wake meant going from a 15/16 seed to 12/13 seed projection but not sweeping duke means we’re on the hosting bubble? I think we’re playing this week starting at a 13 with a possibility of going up to a 9 provided we win the tourney.

Because a lot of it depends on what other teams are doing as well. Being #4 in the ACC puts us squarely on the bubble.

Sounds about right.

Because a lot of it depends on what other teams are doing as well. Being #4 in the ACC puts us squarely on the bubble.
So all of a sudden you get to conf. Tourney time and what other teams do matters we have 56 games and where we finished in a tight conf. Race matters now but for the last two weeks we’ve raised our seed line, so how does what teams do matter more now?

So all of a sudden you get to conf. Tourney time and what other teams do matters we have 56 games and where we finished in a tight conf. Race matters now but for the last two weeks we’ve raised our seed line, so how does what teams do matter more now?

Yes, of course it matters. When teams are very close after 52 games, and one of them goes 2-1 against #4 Arkansas while the other one goes 2-1 against #46 Duke, one team takes a step ahead of the other. As a matter of fact, one of the elements considered by the committee is how well you did in your last 10 games.

Advertisement
I mean, why do you think they do projections every week? Things change as some teams win big series while other teams just hold serve.

Maybe I'm incorrect, but I think our pedigree tips the needle in the decision making on hosting. That said, it's far better to get out of our group, and remove all doubt. We also want to go into the regional with a bit of momentum. This team should be good enough to make a run at the ACC title.

It seems like there are 12 locked in hosts right now:

1- UCLA
2- Vandy
3- MSU
4- Arky
5- Louisville
6- Georgia
7-Tex Tech
8- Stanford
9- GT
10- ECU
11- Okla St
12- Oregon St

Then the next 4 right now would be: A&M, NC St, Miami, LSU.

But then are still some teams that could play well and get a spot if any of those 4 falter: UCSB, Illinois, UNC, West VA.

So 1-1 wouldnt play us out of a top-16 seed, but it could allow one of those other teams to take it with a good week. If we go 2-0 in pool play, there will almost certainly be a CG Regional

I agree with all of this.

And I will add, if we really have a strong showing in the ACC tournament, not only does that lock in a hosting spot, it would bump our seeding as well among the 16 teams. If we could make to say, a top 12 seed,, then it takes that fewer teams to falter and you can end up hosting a Super Regional as well.

I know, LONG way to go from here to there, but thinking ahead, that's why an impressive ACC tourney showing has value beyond just locking in a host site for the regional.

Advertisement
I agree with all of this.

And I will add, if we really have a strong showing in the ACC tournament, not only does that lock in a hosting spot, it would bump our seeding as well among the 16 teams. If we could make to say, a top 12 seed,, then it takes that fewer teams to falter and you can end up hosting a Super Regional as well.

I know, LONG way to go from here to there, but thinking ahead, that's why an impressive ACC tourney showing has value beyond just locking in a host site for the regional.
I doubt the committee puts too much stock in the ACC tourney or any major conference tourney.

In case you all forgot, there is a thread to go back and forth with Jagr about non related baseball issues, just to call him a troll, and for him to spin arguments to fit his narrative. https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/the-official-board-of-angry-patrons-versus-jagr-thread.146877/

Stop messing up all the threads. If you dont agree with someone block them. Aint gonna be having this during the post season.

Yeah, I don't get it. If you don't want to engage with a poster, put them on ignore. Very simple and effective.

Thursday 3pm vs UVA
Friday 3pm vs UNC

UVA vs UNC is at 7pm on Wednesday. That game will tell us which of our pool games is meaningless from an ACC Tournament advancement perspective.

Plenty of rest for our starting pitching on that schedule, but it would be a problem from a Veliz/Federman standpoint come Saturday or Sunday.

Advertisement
Every thread. I see why lance doesn't bother. Every thread. Best season in a couple years and it's still all about who's wrong and gator trolls and calling people incorrect. Takes the **** out of it for me.
And you know who to blame for that. By the way - I posted the same thing to you and you got all upset. Perrspective huh?

Advertisement
Yes, of course it matters. When teams are very close after 52 games, and one of them goes 2-1 against #4 Arkansas while the other one goes 2-1 against #46 Duke, one team takes a step ahead of the other. As a matter of fact, one of the elements considered by the committee is how well you did in your last 10 games.
Well said and on point. It is a moving target.

Advertisement
Back