ACC Tournament

3-10 against the top 4 ACC teams and 1-2 against the gaytors. Young team but this team is not ready for prime time.

Advertisement
Absolutely not. You might wanna check my history. I said we had to win our pool to host. Been saying that since the duke series
Well I would think at least 2 out of the 3 would have to host. NC St might be ahead of us, but it’s hard to see them jumping a&m.

Carolina is gonna win today. If state wins they’ll probably host too. LSU probably already Locked up a spot. Losing to Vandy won’t hurt them. Don’t count out Ole Miss. if they win the sec tourney and finish inside the top 20 RPI they’ll host. WVU lost today but plays tech again. Idk that losing to a National seed hurts them either. It’s a very very very long shot for us to host. At worst Carolina or state host along with A&M. Probably just Carolina and state, while A&M gets a 2

Carolina is gonna win today. If state wins they’ll probably host too. LSU probably already Locked up a spot. Losing to Vandy won’t hurt them. Don’t count out Ole Miss. if they win the sec tourney and finish inside the top 20 RPI they’ll host. WVU lost today but plays tech again. Idk that losing to a National seed hurts them either. It’s a very very very long shot for us to host. At worst Carolina or state host along with A&M. Probably just Carolina and state, while A&M gets a 2

@GAhurricane meant to respond to yours with this one

I still can’t believe we lost that freaking game. One hit by Gil pretty much all game, heck just getting a walk in the first or second. TWO HBP’s that result in runs, one on an 0-2 count. Veliz making one mistake and it resulting in a 2-run jack. Just insane.

That L is going to stick with me.

Ya...even worse watching it in person at the ballpark...sucks man

Advertisement
But we do? what makes you think that? Both have better RPI than us, more Q1 wins, and much stronger SOS.

If Kentucky falls out of the top-50 (they're 50) then we'll have more Q1 wins, plus a much better conference record and better road record.

Dont see how A&M being 1 whole spot ahead of us in RPI would outrank that

If Kentucky falls out of the top-50 (they're 50) then we'll have more Q1 wins, plus a much better conference record and better road record.

Talk about cherry picking stats. A&M has a better RPI, tougher schedule, tougher OOC schedule, similar record in a tougher conference, and more Q1 wins. And you're hoping Kentucky falls out so that we all of a sudden have a "better" resume.

I don't think the committee would see 2 more conference wins as much better when there is a large difference in SOS.

Advertisement
Well, UNC is going to win, and D1 didn't even have them hosting this morning. So there's another bump in the road. They could be #12 by the end of the day. They're hosting.

Guys relax. I was told by much smarter people, who know so much more about baseball than me on here, that we are hosting no matter what.

Advertisement
I don't know if we host or not but acting like the SEC is so heads and shoulders above the ACC is nonsense. Football may be a joke but basketball and baseball are legit.

Advertisement
Taking the emotion out of it, the SEC has the best conference RPI by far.
Because it works the same way in football. When everybody is ranked it is constantly 50/50 games and they can make huge rises after every game, lose more because of it, etc. So yeah I know they are higher rated by a good bit, ain't buying it though. SEC gets inflated in both those sports every year in my opinion. Probably happens to ACC teams in basketball the same way.

Because it works the same way in football. When everybody is ranked it is constantly 50/50 games and they can make huge rises after every game, lose more because of it, etc. So yeah I know they are higher rated by a good bit, ain't buying it though. SEC gets inflated in both those sports every year in my opinion. Probably happens to ACC teams in basketball the same way.

What is your point? No one here is claiming that the SEC dominates the ACC.

I don't think the committee would see 2 more conference wins as much better when there is a large difference in SOS.

There isnt that large of a difference in SOS though. There's a much bigger difference in SOS between us and NC St/Stanford actually.

And SOS by itself doesnt mean much. RPI and conference record have always been the most important things. SOS is part of a team's RPI so it matters in that regard.

A&M went 1-2 in the SEC tourney, and wasnt a projected host before the tourney, so I'm not seeing them jumping us.

Most likely outcome is that neither of us hosts, especially with ole miss winning today

Advertisement
Back