ACC Tournament

Advertisement
False. I wrote an article predicting almost to the exact win total for this team and being a borderline host case.
Acer the Florida series most fans here believed the canes 50/50 to play in a regional.nobody 3 months ago said anything about a chance to host a regional.but if the articule you wrote in the preseason is true was spot on.I've always thought this year's team can be special one before it leaves.

Advertisement
I did some digging and Miami made it to Omaha in 06 on the road for regionals and supers. Also the 2000 team was one win from Omaha despite 113 errors that season.

So because we lost by two runs to a team raked virtually identical to us at, again, virtually their home park and that overrides our whole body of work?

This. I still think we host also and pray the NCAA Committee isn't as in love with the NC teams as the ACC always is. Wouldn't have mattered, but the strike 3 call on Lala was typical ACC refereeing when it comes to non tobacco road teams.

We ultimately have no one to blame but ourselves. You have to be able to hold onto a five run lead. I still would have started McMahon, but I don’t blame Gino for his in game pitching decisions. Veliz made the his two mistakes within the first three batters he faced, not sweating it out 40 pitches in. You bring him in for just the 9th, he may well do the same thing.

It may be nitpicking, but I hate sliders to left handed power hitters in key situations. Veliz throws 94 - 95 MPH. If he hits that out, tip your hat to him. But don't let him barrel up something that will tie the game.

Advertisement
It's tough. I'd give them the edge based off 3-1, but we're their only upper tier series win and we were better in conference. The 3-1 is unfortunate for us but it was 4 home games for them.

But they also have 40 wins and a better RPI, and just might win one or two more.

So because we lost by two runs to a team raked virtually identical to us at, again, virtually their home park and that overrides our whole body of work?

Problem, though, is that they also have a body of work. What have we done to override theirs?

Advertisement
People have been acting like hosting has been a foregone conclusion for at least the past month. As if it couldn't slip away at the 11th hour.

We'll see. A win yesterday had to help.

UNC nosedived a bit while we actually got better as the season went on. That is the only argument we have, that and if you watched the game, still think we are the better team. Doesn't matter when you lose though, I do think our best is better than theirs.

Advertisement
I think we host...
Basically was whipping these fools and unforced errors with crap officiating did us in. We had a better ACC regular season....and they played us with 4 home games that I think we were leading late in 2 of our 3 losses.
I am soooo friggin angry still at our unfair treatment from this BS conference.
Miss being independent....

Notable games for our RPI:
Cal Poly 4, UCSB 3 Final. This will move us up a spot. Also probably knocks them out of host contention
FSU 6, NC State 0 4th Gag, but would drop them behind us. Might drop notably behind if they lose to GT tomorrow also
LSU 5, Miss St 2 4th Would drop us a spot
Oregon St-USC We’d move up a spot if USC wins. I’d be surprised if this effects Oregon State’s host spot

In the end we controlled our fate and blew it. If we travel for a regional there’s no one to blame but ourselves.
My hope is that the selection committee looks at the total picture and not just us vs UNC.

Advertisement
Back