ACC Tournament

Strike 3

Advertisement
IDK if we're going to host. I don't think UNC was going to host. I think they just tool our spot. Especially if the beat BC.
People have been acting like hosting has been a foregone conclusion for at least the past month. As if it couldn't slip away at the 11th hour.

Advertisement
We ultimately have no one to blame but ourselves. You have to be able to hold onto a five run lead. I still would have started McMahon, but I don’t blame Gino for his in game pitching decisions. Veliz made the his two mistakes within the first three batters he faced, not sweating it out 40 pitches in. You bring him in for just the 9th, he may well do the same thing.
You have to keep scoring. It's like a football team scoring 21 points in the 1st quarter for a 21-0 lead and says, "our defense should close this out." It's up to the offense to put a team away and we didn't do that. I don't blame the pitching. It's a part of the game. Not scoring for 9 innings was the problem.

Excellent effort. Get some much needed rest and get ready to host.

Losing it suck after being up, but geesh. Miami will still host IMO, we played well from a scoreboard perspective.
And I gotta chuckle at the killer mentality comment, dude it's baseball you think guys went up there and said I'm not gonna try to hit the ball since we're up on these dudes???

Advertisement
You have to keep scoring. It's like a football team scoring 21 points in the 1st quarter for a 21-0 lead and says, "our defense should close this out." It's up to the offense to put a team away and we didn't do that. I don't blame the pitching. It's a part of the game. Not scoring for 9 innings was the problem.

Exactly what I said earlier.

Yep. It’s all part of it. I posted back in the third inning that we needed to keep the pedal down offensively to avoid a repeat of the Louisville game. To his credit, Gino learned the lesson from that game about going aggressively to Veliz/Federman.

So because we lost by two runs to a team raked virtually identical to us at, again, virtually their home park and that overrides our whole body of work?
It shouldn't but UNC was so highly ranked early in the season that I personally think they will get the spot over us. 3 of 4 against us doesn't help.

Losing it suck after being up, but geesh. Miami will still host IMO, we played well from a scoreboard perspective.
And I gotta chuckle at the killer mentality comment, dude it's baseball you think guys went up there and said I'm not gonna try to hit the ball since we're up on these dudes???

Sure it’s called being lackadaisical and going through the motions.

Advertisement
We ultimately have no one to blame but ourselves. You have to be able to hold onto a five run lead. I still would have started McMahon, but I don’t blame Gino for his in game pitching decisions. Veliz made the his two mistakes within the first three batters he faced, not sweating it out 40 pitches in. You bring him in for just the 9th, he may well do the same thing.

Evan has been so good against them you have to start him, but you save Cecconi for a second starter. And if you are gonna use Federman for all of that you don’t use him yesterday and he goes 3 today giving Veliz 3 outs to get. Gino was too concerned with yesterday to worry about today

Ask yourself this how many fans at the beginning of the season thought the canes would be fighting for a chance to hold a regional.not one fan expected the season we've had .cut down on the mistakes this team is championship caliber team.

Advertisement
Ask yourself this how many fans at the beginning of the season thought the canes would be fighting for a chance to hold a regional.not one fan expected the season we've had .cut down on the mistakes this team is championship caliber team.

False. I wrote an article predicting almost to the exact win total for this team and being a borderline host case.

Advertisement
Back