ACC pride and Big 3 unity

College Sports Basketball GIF by Miami Hurricanes

Advertisement
It would appear most on this board want FSU to lose when they are hopeless. You want FSU to lose at all times. My question is what pain is caused when the expected happens? Do you TRULY hurt when you lose every game and lose again? I want to see FSU fans happy. I want them hopeful. I want the line even going in their direction pregame. I want them to truly believe they have a chance at success. That's the only way you make a grown man cry. I want those sweet sweet tears.

You can say anything you want about Darrell Langham, but he will always have a "buy a beer on sight" card with me. That last-minute catch at FSU in 2017 was one of the greatest moments of my life, and one of the only times in my life I've almost gotten arrested -- for ****ing on the Seminole statue in front of 10k+ people. So yes, I want FSU to beat a POS LSU team.

The gator on the other hand? There's no excuse. They can lose every game.

Last edited:
I think Brian Kelly is a horrible human being. I was really hoping he could have gotten the win over FSU.

Advertisement
(Clouds part, GOD descends)

GOD: My child we need to talk...

CanesFan: Oh snap! GOD. Yo if this is about that Memorial Day weekend in South Beach in 2014 I can explain...we started we pregaming tequila..then..

GOD: Chill. You are good, but I am here because I need you to root for fellow bethren, FSU and UF. It
will help you get into heaven..

CanesFan: Whoa whoa my Lord. Now you are overcooking my grits. I can't violate one of the 11 commandments.

GOD: 11?? I only wrote 10.

CanesFan: Thou shall not root for FSU or UF. Can't do it. Appreciate you coming down here Lord, but I'm going roll the dice with your oldest boy, Morningstar.

(Daps up GOD, Walks away chanting C..A..N..E..S....CANES!!!)

I could care less about UF tbh but a mediocre FSU is bad for us and for a conference that right now is on life support.

To be clear: this is not a "conference pride" type of thing, is all about money and marketability.
Same.

I don't ever want FSU to win. I don't ever root for FSU to win. (I rooted for LSU a couple nights ago.) That said, it is somewhat of a symbiotic relationship. We do need them to win. Otherwise, the ACC goes to trash like the PAC and Big 12 and we end up in conference waste-land considered miles below the B1G and SEC.

Bro give me the plug for the boats/jetskis & the places to party in the Bahamas.... I'm planning a trip for November, either going to Nassau or Exuma
@Goulds Cane head to Nassau....its plenty to do. Hit me in the dm closer to the trip. You can go to nassau and take a speedboat to the exumas and go swim with pigs if u taking a chic on some fun sh*t

Advertisement
I want Florida and Florida State to lose every time they tee it up and I couldn't care less about any of these ACC donkeys. We're supposed to thump-chests if Clemson beats Alabama for a championship or should be proud Pittsburgh fell into a ACC title last year (that could've been Miami's with a competent coach)?

The homerism of cucked SEC fans taking pride in Alabama winning, while their program sucks—just like Pac-12 programs like Stanford celebrating the Sears Cup and all these championships in smaller sports. Stop. It's football, then basketball, then baseball and everything else is a distant fourth.

Florida and Florida State both notched wins that help recruiting. That said, I still think both teams go 8-4, at absolutely best—and neither will be playing championship Saturday in December—so let Miami take care of business and put together a respectable 10-2 season with a Coastal Division title (and maybe more)—and the rest is gravy.

All this "must win" at Texas A&M is silly. The only thing the Canes "must win" this fall is their weak-*** division, while working for a double-digit win-season.

Advertisement
Always figured UM fans were unanimous in wanting to see UF and FSU get their asses kicked, but it appears that's incorrect.

Seen and heard Canes fans over the weekend talking about "we should be happy" when ACC schools win non-conference games, especially in high-profile matchups like FSU-LSU at the Superdome.

And also that UF beating seventh-ranked Utah helps Miami because "it's good for College Football when the Big 3 are successful."

Been pulling against the Noles and Gators my entire football-watching life (darn near 50 years), but have I in fact been doing it wrong?

Is College Football really about supporting your sworn enemies and conference rivals for the greater good?

I have always wanted to pull for all the Florida teams to win when they weren’t playing Miami.

Problem is, as I got older, I realized those team’s fans are mostly a bunch of raging douchebags. So yeah….. *** those guys.

Advertisement
Always figured UM fans were unanimous in wanting to see UF and FSU get their asses kicked, but it appears that's incorrect.

Seen and heard Canes fans over the weekend talking about "we should be happy" when ACC schools win non-conference games, especially in high-profile matchups like FSU-LSU at the Superdome.

And also that UF beating seventh-ranked Utah helps Miami because "it's good for College Football when the Big 3 are successful."

Been pulling against the Noles and Gators my entire football-watching life (darn near 50 years), but have I in fact been doing it wrong?

Is College Football really about supporting your sworn enemies and conference rivals for the greater good?
Look, if we're ever in a BCS-like situation where we need to show how tough our schedule is, I'll root for fsu against other teams but that doesn't seem to be where we are. So there's just no way in which fsu winning helps us, and it can actually hurt in recruiting. F*ck 'em.

And f*ck the gater right in his f*cking ear. I want nothing but pain and misery for those inbred dipsh*ts.

FL and F$U having successful programs is not good in any way, shape or form for our Canes.

It would make recruiting top talent even more difficult, and the name of the game is talent acquisition. It’s tough enough to have to go up against Baga, Jawja, Taint, USC, OKL, Clempson for recruits.

The only time I’ll cheer for FSU is when they’re playing Florida.

The only time I’ll ever cheer for Florida is never.

Unless it’s that one weird occasion (like 2000) where UF winning would have put UM in the championship game.

Advertisement
Back