ACC pride and Big 3 unity

Hold My Beer

CANE up in heah
Premium
Always figured UM fans were unanimous in wanting to see UF and FSU get their asses kicked, but it appears that's incorrect.

Seen and heard Canes fans over the weekend talking about "we should be happy" when ACC schools win non-conference games, especially in high-profile matchups like FSU-LSU at the Superdome.

And also that UF beating seventh-ranked Utah helps Miami because "it's good for College Football when the Big 3 are successful."

Been pulling against the Noles and Gators my entire football-watching life (darn near 50 years), but have I in fact been doing it wrong?

Is College Football really about supporting your sworn enemies and conference rivals for the greater good?

Advertisement
Nah, our biggest in state competition for recruits losing as much as possible only helps accelerate our return.

FSU racking up wins so they are more highly ranked when playing us would be a silver lining, not something to actually root for. You don’t want them to have a leg for any narrative that they can be better next year.

There was a dude in the fsu game thread that had me shocked and I swear he was trolling.. Dude name was soo ironic like numberonecanefan or something like that but was rooting for FSU, I couldnt believe it.. I cant think of a time I wanted FSU to win just because hey why not, wtf.. Dudes went in phone booth and came out with capes on.. And FML at some Big 3 unity

bartles and jaymes tag GIF

Advertisement
There was a dude in the fsu game thread that had me shocked and I swear he was trolling.. Dude name was soo ironic like numberonecanefan or something like that but was rooting for FSU, I couldnt believe it.

Yeah, that was part of what I was referencing.

He wanted the Noles to win and told us we were stupid for not feeling the same way

Always figured UM fans were unanimous in wanting to see UF and FSU get their asses kicked, but it appears that's incorrect.

Seen and heard Canes fans over the weekend talking about "we should be happy" when ACC schools win non-conference games, especially in high-profile matchups like FSU-LSU at the Superdome.

And also that UF beating seventh-ranked Utah helps Miami because "it's good for College Football when the Big 3 are successful."

Been pulling against the Noles and Gators my entire football-watching life (darn near 50 years), but have I in fact been doing it wrong?

Is College Football really about supporting your sworn enemies and conference rivals for the greater good?
I’m case you are keeping score….

I wanted both UF and FSU to lose this weekend and every weekend. When they play each other, I want pestilence to engulf the stadium.

I am now firmly on record.

Advertisement
If a kid from one of those schools can play, I call it like I see it no matter the laundry.

Dalvin Cook- could play

I’m case you are keeping score….

I wanted both UF and FSU to lose this weekend and every weekend. When they play each other, I want pestilence to engulf the stadium.

I am now firmly on record.

Half the fun on Saturdays is cheering against the Gators and the Noles.

I always thought all our fans were like that 🤷‍♂️

Only if you are a hoe.

Advertisement
Advertisement

You have been doing it right. This board is unfortunately full of groupies.

Advertisement
Back