ACC pride and Big 3 unity

F-UF, F-FSU.

When they played for the NC, Spurrier and Bowden, I wished for a 0-0 tie and the NC to go to whomever was 3rd….

Advertisement
Big 3 Unity. This is what some
of you want and are defending after every sh*t win those programs get.

1662406531767.png

1662406609018.png

1662406644198.png

1662406700451.png

1662406817756.png

1662406964449.png

F-UF, F-FSU.

When they played for the NC, Spurrier and Bowden, I wished for a 0-0 tie and the NC to go to whomever was 3rd….
That was the worst. And, to this day, I love the 1996 team for the way they fought through crazy sanctions, and a depleted roster, to a very solid 9-3 season with a bowl win. Ugh I ******* hate that ******* Sugar Bowl.

I have to agree with you here. I've always hated our opps but feel like I should change my strategy.

Now I like my opp packs strong... no more weak $h*t!! 💪🏾

Advertisement
That was the worst. And, to this day, I love the 1996 team for the way they fought through crazy sanctions, and a depleted roster, to a very solid 9-3 season with a bowl win. Ugh I ******* hate that ******* Sugar Bowl.
Yep! Sugar and Fiesta…

I couldn’t root for FSU when they got to play Oklahoma in the 2000 BCS title game. An FSU win might have gotten Miami the AP vote and a claim to a split NC. Even then, no. I’d rather not split a NC if the partner is FSU (or UF).

You're right.
What was I thinking, actually wanting a SEC team to lose.
If it was UNC or Clemson playing LSU, I would agree with you.

Just not FSU. Fvk them!!

But, any SEC team losing a non conference game is going to tarnish their league as long as 3-5 teams remain legit in that conference.

Advertisement
another in a longggg line of polarizing threads where the true commonality is opposing views from those who have been fans pre 2001 and those who have been fans post 2001
First post here. I usually lurk. But just wanted to say…

Don’t lump us “post-2001” fans into the same group. Just because we weren’t born in the ‘60’s or whatever doesn’t mean we don’t hate FSU and UF’s arrogant, entitled fanbases with a passion. I nearly destroyed my TV when Rising threw that puck on Saturday.

If anything, the tangential hatred of second-level rivals are different for us. Y’all seem to hate Penn State and Oklahoma a lot; I don’t really care about them, but I wish North Carolina would lose every single game because I hate their fan base as well.

Just my two cents. Back to lurking 🤷🏾‍♂️

First post here. I usually lurk. But just wanted to say…

Don’t lump us “post-2001” fans into the same group. Just because we weren’t born in the ‘60’s or whatever doesn’t mean we don’t hate FSU and UF’s arrogant, entitled fanbases with a passion. I nearly destroyed my TV when Rising threw that puck on Saturday.

If anything, the tangential hatred of second-level rivals are different for us. Y’all seem to hate Penn State and Oklahoma a lot; I don’t really care about them, but I wish North Carolina would lose every single game because I hate their fan base as well.

Just my two cents. Back to lurking 🤷🏾‍♂️
Your very response actually drives home my point, possibly without you even realizing it...

Advertisement
I don’t cheer for any other program or conference. Would love to see us leave the ACC but that’s just business (maybe a little personal too).

College football is better when the Big 3 are elite. I just don’t care about others viewing pleasure tbh 🤷🏻‍♂️

You have been doing it right. This board is unfortunately full of groupies.
It’s worse on 247. David Lake started a thread and said how good it is when the Big 3 are Top 25. I couldn’t believe it. And then most of the posters backed him up on it with a few exceptions - at least for as much of the thread as I read.

91F4DB07-F39A-4729-A413-FE83954FDF8A.jpeg

Shout out to @E1k for expressing his disdain over there.

Advertisement
It’s worse on 247. David Lake started a thread and said how good it is when the Big 3 are Top 25. I couldn’t believe it. And then most of the posters backed him up on it with a few exceptions - at least for as much of the thread as I read.

View attachment 206950

Shout out to @E1k for expressing his disdain over there.
Lake is a pansy. I hope he gets called out over there.

I could deal with people rooting for fsu over the sec, there’s no excuse to root for the crocs **** em. The conference solidarity thing has a lot more to do with espn and the sec network shoving the conference down our throat than anything on the field in the early years… now they get most players because of it and so they actually are the best conference.

Let’s see if they stop pushing the big ten now that they’ve lost tv rights. There’s nothing actually separating us as conferences, ACC has more recent titles and both conferences are dominated by one team but espn has been hyping them for years over us.

Advertisement
Back