ACC pride and Big 3 unity

Advertisement
It’s worse on 247. David Lake started a thread and said how good it is when the Big 3 are Top 25. I couldn’t believe it. And then most of the posters backed him up on it with a few exceptions - at least for as much of the thread as I read.

Yeah, good catch RVA ... Lake's comments were part of what I was referring to at the beginning of this thread.

I'm a 247 subscriber because I'm a Canes junkie, but I've never posted over there.

FWIW, it's not a two-way street for FSU and UF fans as far as welcoming the return of the Big 3.

I was listening to the radio up here earlier today and the hosts were fired up about the Noles and Gators "returning to form" and getting back to the top of the CFB world.

Conveniently no mention whatsoever of the Canes (they played Bethune-Cookman blah blah blah), even though we were the Florida team ranked in the preseason Top 25.

Always figured UM fans were unanimous in wanting to see UF and FSU get their asses kicked, but it appears that's incorrect.

Seen and heard Canes fans over the weekend talking about "we should be happy" when ACC schools win non-conference games, especially in high-profile matchups like FSU-LSU at the Superdome.

And also that UF beating seventh-ranked Utah helps Miami because "it's good for College Football when the Big 3 are successful."

Been pulling against the Noles and Gators my entire football-watching life (darn near 50 years), but have I in fact been doing it wrong?

Is College Football really about supporting your sworn enemies and conference rivals for the greater good?
x-pac suck it GIF by WWE

Yeah, good catch RVA ... Lake's comments were part of what I was referring to at the beginning of this thread.

I'm a 247 subscriber because I'm a Canes junkie, but I've never posted over there.

FWIW, it's not a two-way street for FSU and UF fans as far as welcoming the return of the Big 3.

I was listening to the radio up here earlier today and the hosts were fired up about the Noles and Gators "returning to form" and getting back to the top of the CFB world.

Conveniently no mention whatsoever of the Canes (they played Bethune-Cookman blah blah blah), even though we were the Florida team ranked in the preseason Top 25.
Four Wheel Kids GIF

crazy ex girlfriend idk GIF

Advertisement

tenor-3.gif

I want Florida, FSU, FIU, Univ of Tampa, St Thomas University, Nova Southeastern to lose every game.

Dudes on this board getting weirder and weirder..i dont give a f*ck about conference pride...its why i try to avoid those threads like the plague..speaking on is the acc is done, blah blahh, blah.,..The U is its own brand we could make a MNC from the ****** SUNBELT.

Just like i stated a few years ago that conference sec schilling has spread...and was done so through media...ESPN. Got some of yall believeing the sh*t as well.

I wanted FSU to lose in the worst way. UF is insignificant to me so i barely would watch a game of theres but i wanted utah to beat them as well.
So UCF and USF to win every game??

Advertisement
Lol at telling Meeee to get out more. I just flew in from The Bahamas where i flew and drove boats to two different islands...and found time to hit a pool party with Bruno Mars and Anderson Paak yesterday....while placing bets on college football.

VT is our biggest rival next to FSU ...im supposed to watch their games hoping they win?. lol My joy in life is watching and coaching football...its even more fun watching fsu and vt lose while we win...it isnt that hard to figure out.

The whole...were thug mantra didnt die out at all....you are obviously on this board and dont see the post in GATOR TEARS OR NOLE TEARS on their fans spewing the same b.s. they always do. Its been even bad with NIL being a factor. They think Ruiz runs a cartel or is in the mafia for godsakes.

All i know is you posted alot of nothing. Im born n raised in south florida and watched all the intense battles as well. Coached a current Nole starter...played high school with a former nole starter..had a cousin starting for them recently at te in the late 2016...an still dont give a f*ck if they win another game. Just cause you have a soft spot for them for whatever reason of nostalgia or whatever doesnt mean fans that dislike them are doing it wrong considering they are our biggest rivals.
Also doesnt mean im walking around grumpy all day thinking about fsu and uf. I talk the most sh*t with my friends and family who are fsu fans and even the kid i coached. I have favorite fsu players i respect..i respected bobby bowden as a coach as well as Odewll Haggins..it is what it is.
PREACH!!!

TELL DA TRUTH AND SHAME THE DEVIL!!!

***** the big 3 Unity. I want our local pee wee team to beat both Florida and FSU and to dance on their faces. These are our eternal rivals. NEVER EVER root for them no matter the opposition. IF ND or OSU were to play either you root for a 0-0 score and a fight after the game so players are suspended etc etc

I wish fsu and uf would never win another game. Ever.

I can't comprehend even wanting them to even score a point.

Advertisement
Lol at telling Meeee to get out more. I just flew in from The Bahamas where i flew and drove boats to two different islands...and found time to hit a pool party with Bruno Mars and Anderson Paak yesterday....while placing bets on college football.

VT is our biggest rival next to FSU ...im supposed to watch their games hoping they win?. lol My joy in life is watching and coaching football...its even more fun watching fsu and vt lose while we win...it isnt that hard to figure out.

The whole...were thug mantra didnt die out at all....you are obviously on this board and dont see the post in GATOR TEARS OR NOLE TEARS on their fans spewing the same b.s. they always do. Its been even bad with NIL being a factor. They think Ruiz runs a cartel or is in the mafia for godsakes.

All i know is you posted alot of nothing. Im born n raised in south florida and watched all the intense battles as well. Coached a current Nole starter...played high school with a former nole starter..had a cousin starting for them recently at te in the late 2016...an still dont give a f*ck if they win another game. Just cause you have a soft spot for them for whatever reason of nostalgia or whatever doesnt mean fans that dislike them are doing it wrong considering they are our biggest rivals.
Also doesnt mean im walking around grumpy all day thinking about fsu and uf. I talk the most sh*t with my friends and family who are fsu fans and even the kid i coached. I have favorite fsu players i respect..i respected bobby bowden as a coach as well as Odewll Haggins..it is what it is.
Bro give me the plug for the boats/jetskis & the places to party in the Bahamas.... I'm planning a trip for November, either going to Nassau or Exuma

Nah, our biggest in state competition for recruits losing as much as possible only helps accelerate our return.

FSU racking up wins so they are more highly ranked when playing us would be a silver lining, not something to actually root for. You don’t want them to have a leg for any narrative that they can be better next year.
HOWEVER, the same should be true for LSU. A loss for them SHOULD hurt their recuriting in Florida. Is Brown still committed to LSU? Oh. He is.

Always figured UM fans were unanimous in wanting to see UF and FSU get their asses kicked, but it appears that's incorrect.

Seen and heard Canes fans over the weekend talking about "we should be happy" when ACC schools win non-conference games, especially in high-profile matchups like FSU-LSU at the Superdome.

And also that UF beating seventh-ranked Utah helps Miami because "it's good for College Football when the
Big 3 are successful."

Been pulling against the Noles and Gators my entire football-watching life (darn near 50 years), but have I in fact been doing it wrong?

Is College Football really about supporting your sworn enemies and conference rivals for the greater good?
FB076EF3-14FA-4D04-8025-B95432C2E7CE.jpeg

Courtesy of @Baba Yaga

Advertisement

And also that UF beating seventh-ranked Utah helps Miami because "it's good for College Football when the Big 3 are successful."

Not sure what the rest of the thread says but …**** a beat i’ll go acacapella **** a Nole, **** a Gata, **** the ACc, **** everybody. I’m outtie.

Listen up.....I don't give af what the scenario is. In no way shape or form do you support those 2 sh*t hole schools, UNLESS one of them winning puts us in a NC ala FSU in 98 getting in by us beating UCLA.....otherwise F those MFers.

Advertisement
Back