ACC Network Options?

Cut the cord today.... Fire Stick with Kodi, Hulu for .99 cent, sling for 25 and philo for the wife at 20.

Internet still with att at $50. The best decision i have made not paying $175 anymore for the same thing. Sling tv comes with accnetwork, espn and espnu. Philo comes with a lot of other stations for the kids and your ladies.

Hd antenna for local channels for $21 through amazon. Thought I would never see a cable bill with everything I wanted for $100 with internet.

Advertisement
Cut the cord today.... Fire Stick with Kodi, Hulu for .99 cent, sling for 25 and philo for the wife at 20.

Internet still with att at $50. The best decision i have made not paying $175 anymore for the same thing. Sling tv comes with accnetwork, espn and espnu. Philo comes with a lot of other stations for the kids and your ladies.

Hd antenna for local channels for $21 through amazon. Thought I would never see a cable bill with everything I wanted for $100 with internet.
Which cable company is that

Advertisement
I tried that with my parents account and it said I had to connect to their box? Or be on the same WiFi or something like that, how did you do it?

You have to stream through the apps of channels on cable. You won't get everything, but most basic cable channels have an app to download on Roku/Fire. ESPN, USA, Comedy Central.

Unfortunately ACC Network won't be available on the ESPN Player app. Bummer.

Don't know if it is that way only for non US resident though.

I just called Xfinity. The gentlemen I spoke with said Comcast is reviewing the proposal submitted from ESPN. Of course they don't have now. But he said I don't see a reason we would pick it up soon!!!

Advertisement
I just called Xfinity. The gentlemen I spoke with said Comcast is reviewing the proposal submitted from ESPN. Of course they don't have now. But he said I don't see a reason we would pick it up soon!!!
I certainly hope so! I'm going to call again today. Matter of fact, I think I'm going to call every day until they get it.

Just called Comcast and the rep said she does see that they expect to have it in August! She said you can check in the my account app and it will show up in the channel lineup when available

Advertisement
Sounds like the ACC is playing the hurry up and wait game , believing a last hail marry will close the deals with cable companies.

Go Canes

That’s what I meant with the espn app

The problem with the ESPN app (and others) is that when you try to log on via a streaming service, they ask you for your provider info.

What makes things worse is when you have the SAME company providing your internet and your TV. When this happens, you can have an issue using log-ins. For instance, I have Spectrum in Orlando for cable/internet. When I have tried to log in via my Apple TV in other locations (where I did not have Spectrum internet), I would get an error message saying that I have to be in my home area.

The nice thing about DirecTV (which I've had before, but do not currently have) is that because they are not an internet provider, I don't think that I could get this message if I was logging in to my Apple TV in a remote area.

I am not sure how all of this plays out when you have one of those VPN or IP blocker things. My brother is way better at the secretive stuff with these streaming devices than I am. I just pay my money and worry less, but if I can't get ACC Network, then I'm going to cut the cord.

That thread might be one of the ****tiest things I've ever seen.

One after another, Comcast employees cut-and-paste the company's PR position "we regularly evaluate services" yada yada, while NEVER answering the question.

Morons.

Advertisement
Unfortunately ACC Network won't be available on the ESPN Player app. Bummer.

Don't know if it is that way only for non US resident though.

I can’t see that being true. All their channels are available through their watch app. This should be any different if it’s part of your package

The problem with the ESPN app (and others) is that when you try to log on via a streaming service, they ask you for your provider info.

What makes things worse is when you have the SAME company providing your internet and your TV. When this happens, you can have an issue using log-ins. For instance, I have Spectrum in Orlando for cable/internet. When I have tried to log in via my Apple TV in other locations (where I did not have Spectrum internet), I would get an error message saying that I have to be in my home area.

The nice thing about DirecTV (which I've had before, but do not currently have) is that because they are not an internet provider, I don't think that I could get this message if I was logging in to my Apple TV in a remote area.

I am not sure how all of this plays out when you have one of those VPN or IP blocker things. My brother is way better at the secretive stuff with these streaming devices than I am. I just pay my money and worry less, but if I can't get ACC Network, then I'm going to cut the cord.
Never had trouble logging in with my Dish account or DTV Now but using the DTV app from my house, with Comcast internet gave me problems. Hopefully if Comcast doesn't get it, that won't be a problem through ESPN watch

Never had trouble logging in with my Dish account or DTV Now but using the DTV app from my house, with Comcast internet gave me problems. Hopefully if Comcast doesn't get it, that won't be a problem through ESPN watch

I've never tried the DTV app on its own, I was talking about the ESPN app (or any other app, such as AMC). Normally, when you use a streaming device such as Apple TV, and you open apps associated with one particular network (not a carrier), the app asks you to log-in with your cable carrier log-in (to prove you are paying for the channel).

When you have, say, Spectrum for both cable and internet, and then you try to log-in with your Spectrum CABLE log-in, but you are not on a Spectrum internet provider, you get an error.

Dish and DirecTV are, I would imagine, a loophole among providers, as they are satellite based, not cable based, and are not your internet providers, so there is no way to "block" you if you were trying to log on remotely in another cable area.

I switched to Directv from Comcast and I have all the premium channels and I am paying about $120 a month with the internet, best decision I have ever made.

Advertisement
Back