ACC Championship Game

If TVD would check down we'd be 7-1 if not 8-0.

Our team is set up to win with a game manager and hopefully TVD embraces that concept.

Advertisement
Honestly the ACC is not my concern this year. I just want to win 9-10 games (bowl included)

That type of progress would be awesome and should help recruiting and the portal.

Yes, more consistent QB play and disciplined coverage on the back end of the defense.

Tyler needs to work within the scheme and spread the ball around. I think he has too much time to think back there, which leads to fixating on a big throw down field instead of working his progression and staying within the rhythm of the play; defenses are giving him check-downs but he isn't taking them.

The scenario I want the most is:

-FSU losses to Wake and then Miami beats them.
-Miami beats Louisville
-UNC beats Duke, wins out
-Louisville beats Duke
-Va Tech and Ga Tech lose the necessary games (unlikely to be a factor)

UNC (7-1)
Miami (6-2)
FSU (6-2)
Louisville (6-2)
Duke (5-5)

This would set up a UNC-Miami rematch in the ACCCG AND knock FSU out of the ACCCG. That is my dream scenario.
Man you have too much time on your hands.

Man you have too much time on your hands.
Yeah Right Pig GIF by NumberBarn

Advertisement
Surprisingly for it being November, there are no games this week that are absolute must haves for us.

Of course, this entire thread is predicated on us winning out. So we have to win Saturday, obviously. But other than that, there are no games this week that crush is if we don’t get the result we want.

Here are the “nice to haves”, if we want to really channel the football gods and have this thing go our way:

1. UVA beats Georgia Tech (UVA is home, -2.5. 2:00 on the CW)

2. Virginia Tech beats Louisville (Louisville is home, -10.5. 3:30 on ACC Network. Full disclosure, I’m not 100% sure this would be the best result for us. As long as one of these teams loses, we’re good. And I’m pretty sure that’s gonna happen)

And that’s kinda….it?

Weird week. Just beat NC State and we are still very much alive for being able to beat fsu twice.

Surprisingly for it being November, there are no games this week that are absolute must haves for us.

Of course, this entire thread is predicated on us winning out. So we have to win Saturday, obviously. But other than that, there are no games this week that crush is if we don’t get the result we want.

Here are the “nice to haves”, if we want to really channel the football gods and have this thing go our way:

1. UVA beats Georgia Tech (UVA is home, -2.5. 2:00 on the CW)

2. Virginia Tech beats Louisville (Louisville is home, -10.5. 3:30 on ACC Network. Full disclosure, I’m not 100% sure this would be the best result for us. As long as one of these teams loses, we’re good. And I’m pretty sure that’s gonna happen)

And that’s kinda….it?

Weird week. Just beat NC State and we are still very much alive for being able to beat fsu twice.
I think it’s better for us if VT loses. They are rolling lately and the last few games on their schedule ain't exactly murderer’s row.

I think it’s better for us if VT loses. They are rolling lately and the last few games on their schedule ain't exactly murderer’s row.

I won’t argue. I went with them beating Louisville because they’ve only played 4 conference games (Louisville has played 5) so there are more opportunities to lose.

But I really don’t think this one matters too much.

Advertisement
I won’t argue. I went with them beating Louisville because they’ve only played 4 conference games (Louisville has played 5) so there are more opportunities to lose.

But I really don’t think this one matters too much.
I’m just banking on us beating UL head to head so we hold the tie breaker. It’s really that simple, lol.

I’m just banking on us beating UL head to head so we hold the tie breaker. It’s really that simple, lol.

Nah I hear you, but I think if we actually do this, there will be multiple teams with 2 losses. I doubt it’s just us and Louisville. And the tiebreakers get wonky when it’s a 3 or more team tie. I’m definitely aware we play Louisville and since we have to win out, they’d have 2 losses for sure at least.

I just think let’s have VT beat them this weekend, we beat them in a few weeks, and they’re done.

But again, I don’t think it’s a no-brainer answer. You can make a case to have UL beat VT since VT only has 1 loss and we don’t play them. Bottom line, VT has to lose a game for us to catch them. So I can see the argument that it’d be better for them to catch the L now.

Advertisement
Here We Go Again GIF

As my boy Bruce Buffer famously says......'ITTTTTTTTTT'SSSSSSSS..........TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!"

Time for our annual punch yourself in the **** thread, where we talk about what needs to happen to make it to Charlotte, and (spoiler alert), we never make it to Charlotte.

But I just saw a tweet from ESPN that said Miami currently has a 5% chance of making the ACCCG, so we might as well talk about it. Queue the Lloyd Christmas gif.

Obviously, we need to win out. 1 more loss and we're mathematically eliminated.

FSU has a 99% chance to make it, per ESPN. So let's just assume they're going. Even with a loss to us, all they need to do is beat Wake and Pitt and they clinch a spot. Even if they lost 1 of those 2, and they lost to us, they're still likely in, so who is our competion for the other spot?

Looks to me like it's UNC and Duke. UNC has a 36% chance, and Duke has a 26% chance. The next team is Louisville at 26%, but they already have a loss and we play them, so if we win out, we'd be ahead of them.

UNC will need to lose TWICE more, I believe, since they have the tiebreaker over us. They do play at GT in a night game this weekend, then they still have Duke at home, at Clemson, and at NC State. So it's possible. Here is what we need for this week, and I'll update this as long as we keep winning:

Miami beats UVA (3:30 ACC Network, at Miami)
GT beats UNC (8:00 ACC Network, at Atlanta)
Louisville beats Duke (3:30 ESPN, at Louisville)

Feel free to tell me how big of an ******* I am for talking about this, thinking about it, how ****** the team is, how many more teams we'll lose to, and how we shouldn't be looking ahead to anything and focusing on Virginia, as if I have a gameplan to incorporate this week. I'm here for all of it.
So far so good my guy….what’s the situation for next week???👀👀

Advertisement
Here We Go Again GIF

As my boy Bruce Buffer famously says......'ITTTTTTTTTT'SSSSSSSS..........TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!"

Time for our annual punch yourself in the **** thread, where we talk about what needs to happen to make it to Charlotte, and (spoiler alert), we never make it to Charlotte.

But I just saw a tweet from ESPN that said Miami currently has a 5% chance of making the ACCCG, so we might as well talk about it. Queue the Lloyd Christmas gif.

Obviously, we need to win out. 1 more loss and we're mathematically eliminated.

FSU has a 99% chance to make it, per ESPN. So let's just assume they're going. Even with a loss to us, all they need to do is beat Wake and Pitt and they clinch a spot. Even if they lost 1 of those 2, and they lost to us, they're still likely in, so who is our competion for the other spot?

Looks to me like it's UNC and Duke. UNC has a 36% chance, and Duke has a 26% chance. The next team is Louisville at 26%, but they already have a loss and we play them, so if we win out, we'd be ahead of them.

UNC will need to lose TWICE more, I believe, since they have the tiebreaker over us. They do play at GT in a night game this weekend, then they still have Duke at home, at Clemson, and at NC State. So it's possible. Here is what we need for this week, and I'll update this as long as we keep winning:

Miami beats UVA (3:30 ACC Network, at Miami)
GT beats UNC (8:00 ACC Network, at Atlanta)
Louisville beats Duke (3:30 ESPN, at Louisville)

Feel free to tell me how big of an ******* I am for talking about this, thinking about it, how ****** the team is, how many more teams we'll lose to, and how we shouldn't be looking ahead to anything and focusing on Virginia, as if I have a gameplan to incorporate this week. I'm here for all of it.
You sir called all 3 wins

Advertisement
Back