ACC Championship Game

Here We Go Again GIF

As my boy Bruce Buffer famously says......'ITTTTTTTTTT'SSSSSSSS..........TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!"

Time for our annual punch yourself in the **** thread, where we talk about what needs to happen to make it to Charlotte, and (spoiler alert), we never make it to Charlotte.

But I just saw a tweet from ESPN that said Miami currently has a 5% chance of making the ACCCG, so we might as well talk about it. Queue the Lloyd Christmas gif.

Obviously, we need to win out. 1 more loss and we're mathematically eliminated.

FSU has a 99% chance to make it, per ESPN. So let's just assume they're going. Even with a loss to us, all they need to do is beat Wake and Pitt and they clinch a spot. Even if they lost 1 of those 2, and they lost to us, they're still likely in, so who is our competion for the other spot?

Looks to me like it's UNC and Duke. UNC has a 36% chance, and Duke has a 26% chance. The next team is Louisville at 26%, but they already have a loss and we play them, so if we win out, we'd be ahead of them.

UNC will need to lose TWICE more, I believe, since they have the tiebreaker over us. They do play at GT in a night game this weekend, then they still have Duke at home, at Clemson, and at NC State. So it's possible. Here is what we need for this week, and I'll update this as long as we keep winning:

Miami beats UVA (3:30 ACC Network, at Miami)
GT beats UNC (8:00 ACC Network, at Atlanta)
Louisville beats Duke (3:30 ESPN, at Louisville)

Feel free to tell me how big of an ******* I am for talking about this, thinking about it, how ****** the team is, how many more teams we'll lose to, and how we shouldn't be looking ahead to anything and focusing on Virginia, as if I have a gameplan to incorporate this week. I'm here for all of it.

Advertisement
Guess was on page 2

Guess was on page 2

Oh **** my bad....mods, nuke this one please.

Here We Go Again GIF

As my boy Bruce Buffer famously says......'ITTTTTTTTTT'SSSSSSSS..........TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!"

Time for our annual punch yourself in the **** thread, where we talk about what needs to happen to make it to Charlotte, and (spoiler alert), we never make it to Charlotte.

But I just saw a tweet from ESPN that said Miami currently has a 5% chance of making the ACCCG, so we might as well talk about it. Queue the Lloyd Christmas gif.

FSU has a 99% chance to make it, per ESPN. So let's just assume they're going. Even with a loss to us, all they need to do is beat Wake and Pitt and they clinch a spot. Even if they lost 1 of those 2, and they lost to us, they're still likely in, so who is our competion for the other spot?

Looks to me like it's UNC and Duke. UNC has a 36% chance, and Duke has a 26% chance. The next team is Louisville at 26%, but they already have a loss and we play them, so if we win out, we'd be ahead of them.

UNC will need to lose TWICE more, I believe, since they have the tiebreaker over us. They do play at GT in a night game this weekend, then they still have Duke at home, at Clemson, and at NC State. So it's possible. Here is what we need for this week, and I'll update this as long as we keep winning:

Feel free to tell me how big of an ******* I am for talking about this, thinking about it, how ****** the team is, how many more teams we'll lose to, and how we shouldn't be looking ahead to anything and focusing on Virginia, as if I have a gameplan to incorporate this week. I'm here for all of it.
step brothers dale GIF

Advertisement
Here We Go Again GIF

Zero chance. UNC/ Louisville vs. Fsu

Advertisement
Here We Go Again GIF

That GD Ga Tech game!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

We are at that sad point in the season where we all say, "If we hadn't lost to a pathetic GT team, we'd still have a shot at the championship game."

Here We Go Again GIF

iup4aJQuVe2pJq2Dib.gif

Advertisement
The scenario I want the most is:

-FSU losses to Wake and then Miami beats them.
-Miami beats Louisville
-UNC beats Duke, wins out
-Louisville beats Duke
-Va Tech and Ga Tech lose the necessary games (unlikely to be a factor)

UNC (7-1)
Miami (6-2)
FSU (6-2)
Louisville (6-2)
Duke (5-5)

This would set up a UNC-Miami rematch in the ACCCG AND knock FSU out of the ACCCG. That is my dream scenario.

Advertisement
Here We Go Again GIF

UNC is not losing to Ga Tech

1. You need Louisville to beat Duke
2. You need 2 of Duke, Clemson, or NC State to beat UNC
3. We need to win out.

In all honestly the chances of all three happening are probably 0.0001%

Advertisement
Back