A word on infrastructure

Idunno man

That bama squad would of smacked Clemson and they been doing it for 11 years. Clemson just been recently successful they need to do it longer for me to agree with that.
Saban signs a ton of 5stars. You said evaluate. Clemson tends to find more hidden gems

Advertisement
The most important aspect of teams like bama is evals and closing.....it's basically recruiting. That's what it comes down to
you know i’ve been talking evals for two decades, so hear me when i say this, evals are built on work and analysis. maybe butch had a green thumb. alabama has data analytics, personality profiling and culture. if we want to get better at evals we have to think about HOW to get better at evals.

Advertisement
Plenty of folks myself included been talking about we lack infrastructure and Alabama’s got it, also Clemson and OSU.

I thought it merits clarification and discussion.

When I say that, I am not talking about locker rooms or weight rooms or practice facilities or stadiums. I am not talking about capex almost at all.

To me, infrastructure is Alabama’s investment in people, processes and systems to support recruiting evaluations, player development, data analytics, quality control and game planning. These areas change the game for their coaches. Combined with the right coaches, culture and talent, the results are impressive.

This type of infrastructure is doable for UM. It’s not cheap and systems cost something but in this cloud world not a lot. Coaches aside, we probably need to spend $4-5 mm more on infrastructure to be serious. A serious staff is probably another 3-4 mm. If we spent that, we should be able to have a top 5 team.
We need machine learning AI to determine if manny’s sliding effects Win rate on 3rd downs.

that’s your analysis?

nice job.

Your answer was to hire a guy who just posted a worse season than our current HC as justification for going after "bigger names."

Do you realize how flawed your logic is?

Then, the fact you think Mullen is solid, after he came to UF as literally the worst coach in America in ranked matchups. OK... that makes sense.

you know i’ve been talking evals for two decades, so hear me when i say this, evals are built on work and analysis. maybe butch had a green thumb. alabama has data analytics, personality profiling and culture. if we want to get better at evals we have to think about HOW to get better at evals.

Come on man an analytics guy and a personality test guy was never gonna give Miami a heads up that San Bruce would pull a gun on social media, or figure out Jarren was a pot head. One more guy to follow recruits pages, wasn’t gonna be the one to convince Banda Jobe wasn’t coming and to stop wasting his time. What’s going on at Bama is just different. We could never get multiple former P5 HC’s as analysts no matter how much money we had.

The secret is Saban. It’s ok to admit that. Everything makes more sense when you figure that out. Could we do better with what we have? Absolutely, but let’s not act like we could replicate what he’s doing.

Alabama has Charlie Strong as an analyst and you seem to think it doesn't take all that much money.
Don't they abuse the loophole around buyouts though?

i.e. Strong is still being paid by Texas because Alabama are only paying him $30k a year to be an analyst. It's why they can have so many coaches in their Nick Saban Rehabilitation Programme.

Advertisement
Don't they abuse the loophole around buyouts though?

i.e. Strong is still being paid by Texas because Alabama are only paying him $30k a year to be an analyst. It's why they can have so many coaches in their Nick Saban Rehabilitation Programme.

The reality is we'll probably never really know, but I seriously, seriously doubt a guy who's already getting a huge buyout is gonna go to work a real job for all of something like minimum wage. What would be the point? Just go fishing.

Even if the salary is a reality, I'd bet he's staying for free in a very nice, university-owned house and getting a very cheap lease on a G-wagon.

The reality is we'll probably never really know, but I seriously, seriously doubt a guy who's already getting a huge buyout is gonna go to work a real job for all of something like minimum wage. What would be the point? Just go fishing.

Even if the salary is a reality, I'd bet he's staying for free in a very nice, university-owned house and getting a very cheap lease on a G-wagon.
To learn at the feet of Saban.

How does he run his operation? And to wash away the stink of their previous failure, see Enos serving penance as a RB Coach for a year before jumping back into the OC ranks.

Plenty of folks myself included been talking about we lack infrastructure and Alabama’s got it, also Clemson and OSU.

I thought it merits clarification and discussion.

When I say that, I am not talking about locker rooms or weight rooms or practice facilities or stadiums. I am not talking about capex almost at all.

To me, infrastructure is Alabama’s investment in people, processes and systems to support recruiting evaluations, player development, data analytics, quality control and game planning. These areas change the game for their coaches. Combined with the right coaches, culture and talent, the results are impressive.

This type of infrastructure is doable for UM. It’s not cheap and systems cost something but in this cloud world not a lot. Coaches aside, we probably need to spend $4-5 mm more on infrastructure to be serious. A serious staff is probably another 3-4 mm. If we spent that, we should be able to have a top 5 team.

I am not disagreeing with any of this stuff. I am just keeping it very simple.

With our current system in place (e.g. Blake James and the micromanaging BOTs) none of this really matters. We know we have more resources than those teams in the Coastal. We also have more talent than those teams in the Coastal too. Yet, we still don't beat these teams consistently.

Until we change our AD and our process, it will look like "a bunch of ruhtards trying to **** a doorknob". Of course more money would help but when your decision makers think it is a good idea "to pay Temple a $4-million buyout for Diaz’s 18-day dalliance" you have bigger issues to address first. Remember that was after they choose to have no official coaching search or interviews. This failed experiment happened before here too. We already promoted our DC from a failed regime...but this time we choose to pay for the rights to do it.

It is time for Danny White. It is time to change the whole process first.

Last edited:
The main reason they are successful is accountability from the top down, period. The other stuff certainly helps of course but they have a win at all cost mentality. We have a let's field a pretty good team from the top mentality and that's what we get.

Now, you get the best players, you're gonna win likely even with some issues. The under the table payments are definitely affecting the dominance of the top 5 were are seeing every year from teams. But as you can see with Cincy this year almost getting UGA or UCF with Auburn it can be done with the right leadership.

Advertisement
Saban signs a ton of 5stars. You said evaluate. Clemson tends to find more hidden gems
Yea he's guilty of the five stars but he avoids some five stars as well. He's more hit then miss I would say...I could be wrong.

They recruit dogs and set an atmosphere where that’s all that can survive.
Kids playing with bad injuries, kids coming back to win. We got kids that aren’t even studs bouncing. Kids are soft no a days but they fjnd a way to get the dogs
We have fostered an atmosphere of softness. You don't have to be a dog to play for us. Look at guys like Pope, Wiggins, and McCloud. They are in no way the best on the team at their positions. Yet they start anyway because they're older. Not having to earn your position takes the dog out of all those position groups. Why should the young guys grind harder? They won't play, so they just coast until it's their turn to be the older guy.

I agree with what u are saying but when u completely remove sabans eye they will fall. It will be slow but they will fall

Advertisement
Your answer was to hire a guy who just posted a worse season than our current HC as justification for going after "bigger names."

Do you realize how flawed your logic is?

Then, the fact you think Mullen is solid, after he came to UF as literally the worst coach in America in ranked matchups. OK... that makes sense.
You know who else came to Miami with a terrible record against ranked opponents...Jimmy Johnson. But sure, let's keep doing it your way. Let's keep paying headhunters to hire guys from failed regimes with no head coaching experience (Shannon & Diaz), or a guy with a crappy 27-34 record at His previous stop (Golden). Let's keep doing that, that's the ticket.

Who’s paying for what’s on the blueprints?

These idiots don’t get that their wish list requires money from boosters and fans for their magical improvements.

The university doesn’t have this money laying around. Like I said in my previous post, switch fan bases and boosters to the Alabama ones, and happy days are here again. Their fans/boosters contribute money, we don’t.

The way to beat schools like Alabama is not to try to be Alabama, it’s try to be who we are and be smart, and resourceful.

What these idiots need to be talking about is asymmetrical warfare, to use a military term.

We’re in a kind of war, and it is going to take guerilla tactics...not trying to be a mini-Alabama. We just don’t have the financial support.

We need to beat the big boys with different tactics.

But first we need to continue to improve our recruiting and coaching to improve our record and increase our funding.

Bama boosters paid off Saban's house

Bama boosters give kids cars

Bama police let off football players off easy

Bama reports 16 NCAA violations a year on the same date every year and nothing happens

Meanwhile at Miami

Our school gets an illegal NCAA Investigation for a ponzi scheme artist because he gave kids an ice cream and made up abortions

Our kids lose year of eligibility for having free rent a car and returning them

Miami news "reporters" try to break everything no matter if it hurts the University

Dont forget Bama media... they run interference for them too...

Advertisement
Back