A word on infrastructure

they have NFL coaches as analyst in staff basically. **** is beyond anything miami will ever do. What fired top coach is going to come be an analyst for Diaz hahahaha.

Bama just hired an NFL head coach to come be a ******* OC. The game is rigged. They had Harris, ****erson, Smith, Leatherwood all 1st rd talents come back this year instead of going to the NFL last year. We have guys leave for the 7th rd.

those kids are kings of the town and are treated so well that they come back to win championships. It’s cult like down there. Until Saban retires, Nobody is catching them.

they have the best college coach of all time along with the top facilities and booster that will give him whatever he needs to win. We need Saban to retire.
our fan base is so triggered. rather than ask what we can do better and differently, we get a bunch of ‘we can’t beat alabama’, as if that’s even the point.

maybe no one wants to work for manny. then fire him. that’s a distraction too.

the question is how can Um get way better at football. i think it’s achievable.

it sure would help to start with a legit head coach for once in two decades.

and when saban retires ... we ain’t going to catch them if we don’t get way better first. right now we should be worried about catching UNC.

Advertisement
Plenty of folks myself included been talking about we lack infrastructure and Alabama’s got it, also Clemson and OSU.

I thought it merits clarification and discussion.

When I say that, I am not talking about locker rooms or weight rooms or practice facilities or stadiums. I am not talking about capex almost at all.

To me, infrastructure is Alabama’s investment in people, processes and systems to support recruiting evaluations, player development, data analytics, quality control and game planning. These areas change the game for their coaches. Combined with the right coaches, culture and talent, the results are impressive.

This type of infrastructure is doable for UM. It’s not cheap and systems cost something but in this cloud world not a lot. Coaches aside, we probably need to spend $4-5 mm more on infrastructure to be serious. A serious staff is probably another 3-4 mm. If we spent that, we should be able to have a top 5 team.
U need the people upt top who want to win and I have to have a saban like recruiter. Saban as an evaluator closer is second to none.....Davis was the only guy like this that I know of. Bama doesn't have to out scheme they out talent.....we can do it we just have to find a HC with similar traits and we have to want it as bad as they do. Really sucks watching bama they pretty much took everything from us.

They recruit dogs and set an atmosphere where that’s all that can survive.
Kids playing with bad injuries, kids coming back to win. We got kids that aren’t even studs bouncing. Kids are soft no a days but they fjnd a way to get the dogs

U need the people upt top who want to win and I have to have a saban like recruiter. Saban as an evaluator closer is second to none.....Davis was the only guy like this that I know of. Bama doesn't have to out scheme they out talent.....we can do it we just have to find a HC with similar traits and we have to want it as bad as they do. Really sucks watching bama they pretty much took everything from us.
Actually Dano might be a better evaluator. Saban gets the best kids. Saban is good at finding kids who are mentally tough

Advertisement
They key is to find the next Saban a seller and a closer. Butch was the only one that had those traits agree or not (not getting into an argument with the Butch haters)

U can agree or disagree they are similar.....they identify close and develop. No matter there age even if they are 80 they know how to get talent and stack it and creat a competitive environment.

They recruit dogs and set an atmosphere where that’s all that can survive.
Kids playing with bad injuries, kids coming back to win. We got kids that aren’t even studs bouncing. Kids are soft no a days but they fjnd a way to get the dogs
I'm 100% certain Hall would of transfered at bama. I used to think he was great but I've seen to much film here to think he would of survived there. Reminds me of Burgess Becker....now that Brooks kid they got from sfla I expect him to be the next great wr there. We need to beat them for those kids but I don't see that happening just yet.

I think the best bet will have to be Saban retiring he has to much momentum to overtake at this point.

They key is to find the next Saban a seller and a closer. Butch was the only one that had those traits agree or not (not getting into an argument with the Butch haters)

U can agree or disagree they are similar.....they identify close and develop. No matter there age even if they are 80 they know how to get talent and stack it and creat a competitive environment.

Butch wasn't recruiting five star kids in this day and age.

No hate on Butch, but any comparison is utterly laughable.

Advertisement
Actually Dano might be a better evaluator. Saban gets the best kids. Saban is good at finding kids who are mentally tough
Idunno man

That bama squad would of smacked Clemson and they been doing it for 11 years. Clemson just been recently successful they need to do it longer for me to agree with that.

you’re letting the distractions get to you. that all may be true but it doesn’t explain hiring clowns as coaches and not doing the work of trying hard.

and the issue with shapiro is that he personally went to war with us. if someone did that to alabama the ncaa would have to take note - at least until the person was arkancided.

Has it occurred to you that maybe, just maybe, elite coaches want to go to programs that will do ANYTHING IT TAKES to win?

Miami is not that place, and it never will be (again, not that it really ever was).

Put Saban at Miami and he's not as successful as he is at Bama.

they do this but their support functions are what make it work so well. evals are better because of the work they put in. players develop better because of the work they put in. game plans are better because of the work they put in.

Advertisement
Butch wasn't recruiting five star kids in this day and age.

No hate on Butch, but any comparison is utterly laughable.
Traits are comparable.....he doesn't have the brand behind him and the money. Saban at FIU doesn't do a **** thing that's facts. Al Golden even mentioned it and he's trash.....don't quote me on it but I think I remember a video where he said at Temple it was difficult to sell cause the logo he had on his shirt. Or maybe it was someone else but I believe that 100%

they do this but their support functions are what make it work so well. evals are better because of the work they put in. players develop better because of the work they put in. game plans are better because of the work they put in.
The most important aspect of teams like bama is evals and closing.....it's basically recruiting. That's what it comes down to

Every **** year we have this same stupid *** financial conversation, led by those that apparently can't be bothered to look at basic numbers. Every **** year, we hear "Well, Miami should spend more", with ZERO indication on where that money is supposed to come from(Lord knows it's not going to come from our pathetically cheap fanbase, the small alumni base can't carry the weight on our own). Every **** year, we hear this theory about "If Miami spends it, the money will come back" never mind the fact that throughout the history of the program, that has never been the case. The football program funds the rest of the athletic department, and even though we have a bare bones athletic department, it has to paid for somehow.

Say it with me: If Miami continues to aspire to be Alabama off the field, WE WILL CONTINUE TO GET BLOWN OUT BY THEM ON THE FIELD.

WHY? SIMPLE MATH

Revenue(Numbers provided by the Department of Education)

Alabama(94.6 Million)
Miami(56.0 Million)

Can't come on here talking about basic math and numbers and such. None of these morons understand it. I've been screaming it from upon high for years here and everyone still seems to think a small, private school has the same resources as an enormous public school, or somehow money just doesn't matter.

Advertisement
Bama loses their Broyles winning OC and just hires a former NFL HC to replace him. We're not even playing the same sport right now.
Coaches know with the amount of talent on the team they will kill it and get another job. It's a head coaches rehab......saban is helping all types of coaches and it helps him. He's ahead of the game establishing monster relationships and it helps him recruit.

He's so far ahead it's comedy at this point. I used today we had the greatest run in cfb but the last ten years honestly they surpassed it. I thought it was impossible to pass but records are made to be broken. I hate it but what can we do we are just fans. It's who wants it more....they saw what we did wanted it more and hired Nick.

Can't come on here talking about basic math and numbers and such. None of these morons understand it. I've been screaming it from upon high for years here and everyone still seems to think a small, private school has the same resources as an enormous public school, or somehow money just doesn't matter.
Money always matters....this is a big business now.

Traits are comparable.....he doesn't have the brand behind him and the money. Saban at FIU doesn't do a **** thing that's facts. Al Golden even mentioned it and he's trash.....don't quote me on it but I think I remember a video where he said at Temple it was difficult to sell cause the logo he had on his shirt. Or maybe it was someone else but I believe that 100%

You're talking about a guy who recruited for a school on probation in the late 90's vs. a guy that's recruiting for a school with limitless resources dominating the CFB landscape for the past ten years in the age of recruiting sites being big money.

There's no comparison. You might as well bring Knute Rockne into this.

Has it occurred to you that maybe, just maybe, elite coaches want to go to programs that will do ANYTHING IT TAKES to win?

Miami is not that place, and it never will be (again, not that it really ever was).

Put Saban at Miami and he's not as successful as he is at Bama.
How would we know whether coaches won’t come here when we haven’t even tried? We reportedly turned down mullen twice and he’s solid. this program has gone out of its way to hire unqualified corches ans now the excuse is we can’t do anything else.

secondly, it doesn’t really matter whether saban would be less successful at miami than alabama. it’s irrelevant in fact. the question foe Um is how to improve and do better. we’re so far from playing competent football that worrying about whether our structural impediments mean we can’t beat saban at alabama is pointless. he’ll be retired before we’re good.

Advertisement
Back