A top notch QB has us "back"

Advertisement
Whether it’s Dawson or Mario influencing or limiting Dawson…. I don’t care

Your criticisms are 10000% accurate. The game plan is trash. Way too basic, no creativity and they’re not even trying to outsmart the drop 8 coverages
we are the least creative staff on earth and on top of that, we suck at adjustments. the only adjustment we seem to make is run

Our D, O line and K are A+ with no signs of getting worse next year. Every other position is serviceable other than QB right now. Washington plucked Penix from Indiana. If he was on this team, we are probably 9-0, definitely no worse than 8-1 and the FSU line this weekend would be no more than -3. Sucks, but I see vast improvement from last year(not a high bar, i know, but it is a visible difference).
Usually you aren't able to pick up a 1st round caliber QB in the portal but maybe we get lucky and a star QB will want to be coached by Mario.

Advertisement
Dawson is doing NOTHING to make TVDs life easier. Bunch formations, verticals outside the hashes, little/no motion, barely anything across the middle of the field, no screens to the RBs, no tempo, limited RPOs, etc. It’s either the same running plays up the middle, tunnel screens, or verticals to the outside. NC St practically knew what was coming on every play.

TVD thrived in an up-tempo, RPO heavy spread offense under Lashlee. Dawson is doing VERY LITTLE of what we’ve seen work with TVD in the past so miss me with the TVD is handcuffing Dawson nonsense. TVD deserves his fair share of blame for the turnovers and offensive struggles, but it’s incredibly naive to think that he is the only (or primary) problem. The offensive issues run far deeper than just TVD’s struggles.
Lol, that post-wheel-combo that has been hit with TVD and he can't hit it anymore, Y-Cross that has been hit before and can't be hit, his ignoring of Colbie Young on jump balls...

Please. Don't open up your mouth too much. TVD is the primary problem, by quite some margin. Dawson is the least of the offensive problems...

I mean the only way it would ever make sense is if you tried to sneak X in there one time and run some sort of boot action with him hitting the opposite flats or something. Maybe we have been setting it up for fsu :ROFLMAO:
Thought we’ve been “setting it up” since GT game…. Instead I’ve come to realize this just is what it is… sigh

Advertisement
I’ve been saying the same thing for 3-4 weeks. You aren’t tripping , something is off. We’ve been slowly transforming back to last years formations. Tight , more inside the hashes sets with a lot of two te’s even though 84 is not a te. I talk to somebody that’s in the press box and he says wr’s are rarely open. TVD gets all the blame ( he deserves a lot ) but this is bigger.
Confirming that we are just not that talented at WR. I agree that something is off but we dont have a WR on the field right now that will play in NFL. Add in a struggling QB and it makes for a poor passing game.

I can hardly believe Mario micromanaging Dawson after the offensive start we had into the season. Although I am confused as to why we have stopped being diverse in the run game.

To me it's clear whats going on, TVD has been figured out. Dawson probably sees it too and wants to run stuff that works against the looks we're facing, but TVD can't execute it, which leads to Dawson trying to run things that TVD can execute and is comfortable with, but is what the defense is looking for, so Dawson resorts to running the football and trying to get the offense running that way, but it doesn't work. Thats how things have happened over the course of the games since GT.

Mario is the guy keeping TVD in and Dawson very likely is in his ear trying to make a change. If the talk out of Hecht is that Emory is being seen as a 1st rounder, it has to come from somewhere. But Mario didn't want to do that, because the moment you put TVD on the bench, he's gone forever. And if Emory fails, the whole season is done for, which is not a good look on you as a coach and he doesn't want to trust a True Freshman QB doing that.

The most micromanaging I'm seeing here is that Mario is keeping TVD in at QB, beyond that, I think Dawson has the handcuffs on because of the QB. You're very limited in your playcalling if your QB can't make an underneath read.
I agree.

Please show me some creativity the last few weeks? Anything , i’m waiting ……the 3-4 times Brashard went in motion ? Lol. Our most dynamic player can’t even get touches. I guess that’s not on the oc either right ? After Clemson how are we not treating him like a poor man’s Percy? I swear this is whole outfit is amateur hour.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If Mario is interfering with our offense to make it 3 feet in a cloud of dust then any quality QB (and OC) is going to be hindered.

Please show me some creativity the last few weeks? Anything , i’m waiting ……the 3-4 times Brashard went in motion ? Lol. Our most dynamic player can’t even get touches. I guess that’s not on the oc either right ? Gtfoh. After Clemson how are we not treating him like Percy? I swear this is whole outfit is amateur hour.
there isnt any

It’s a little of both but when u can’t trust ur qb it gives u no options.

If only we had a QB on the roster who had proven that he was a capable game manager and had the ability to beat one of the top defenses in the country.

Advertisement
Exactly.... I don't see how ppl are trying to blame play calling. On **** near 95% of tvd's ints, there has been wrs opened that he just completely didn't see or ignored.
Bluestein said we run the same 5 plays over and over. I don't know if it is true, but I have noticed we are not spacing the field like we were vs. A&M.

Can someone shed some light on both of these issues, if true or not?

The debate isn’t really around whether Miami should run the ball down a team’s throat.

There’s nobody against that.

It’s how you do it that is the question?

Bunching the box and playing lumbering TEs that qualify for Medicare in a slow and methodical pace, is the absolute worst way to effectively run the football and score points.

Which is why Mario has struggled to do so his entire career.
Fun fact: in 2012 Chip Kelly's Oregon offense averaged 315 YPG on the ground and 5.97 YPA.

Here is what Oregon averaged on the ground under Mario:
2018: 179 YPG, 4.41 YPA
2019: 175 YPG, 4.80 YPA
2020: 167 YPG, 4.92 YPA
2021: 202 YPG, 5.29 YPA

So Chip Kelly's "gimmick" up tempo offense actually ran the ball better than Mario's "smash mouth" offense.

And wasn’t the Houston offense struggling last season before Holgerson supposedly stepped in?
Houston was 12 - 2 with Holgerson calling the plays in 2021. The following season Holgerson handed the play calling duties over to Dawson and they went 8 - 5 with Dawson calling the plays.

Advertisement
Back