A step forward

Advertisement
Just gunna Keep on saying anyone who thinks King should be replaced or that we shouldn't do whatever possible to get King to return, is a complete ******* moron and a person who's opinion is worthless. Seriously the amount of people saying that in the gameday thread was shocking.
A large portion of our fans are painstakingly stupid & it breaks my heart...

Advertisement
Y’all know King isn’t staying right? He’s 23

Literally lmfao at any fan thinking there’s a semblance of hope of him staying. There’s none...not even a crumb on that table.

In the last four games against non-Clemson opponents, Miami has scored:

31 points
47 points
52 points
31 points

Last year, Miami would've been 12-1 if they scored 31 points in every game. That's all you need to consistently beat ACC mediocrities with this defense. So far, we've gotten what we asked for.

Clemson showed us the next level. We've got a ways to go. But this was a good win for two reasons.

First, everyone expected a letdown noon stinker coming off a loss. The team came to compete, which is refreshing. Second, Pitt presents a tough style matchup: two NFL DEs, the #1 sack defense in the nation, and an aggressive scheme that takes away your run game and challenges your WRs. Every defense left on the schedule will be an easier touch.

There's a lot of work to do: the offense is dependent on explosive plays, our WRs scare nobody and our OL is still developing. King may need to come back after putting up bad tape against his two best opponents. But you don't go from Louisiana Tech to Clemson in one step. This is progress.
Still too much inside zone but it did set up touchdown passes to Harris and Mallory. We need to run counter and some outside zone. You are definitely going to see more Smith and Redding moving forward.

We can’t get open and that’s a problem. Our LT is a turn still and that’s a problem but we find a way to put points on the board and at the end of the day that’s what matters. Still, this should be what the depth chart should be though.

QB- King
RB- Chaney/Knighton
WR- Smith
WR- Redding
SLOT- Pope
TE- Brev
LT- Zion
LG- Clark
C- Gaynor
RG- Scaife
RT- Jarrid

DE- Jaelen
DE- Roche
DT- Silvera/
DT- JHH
OLB- Brooks
MLB- Flagg
Striker- Gil
CB- Blades JR
CB- Te’Cory
SS- Hall
FS- Bolden

Cam is too slow and needs a secondary role. We needs to get open on the outside. Zion is our best lineman and that’s our best combination of DTs and LBs. We would play so much better if they played instead of some seniority BS.
Cam is one of the faster running backs in the nation.... what are you talking about?

Cam is one of the faster running backs in the nation.... what are you talking about?
Uhhhh wtf are you talking about? He’s never been fast. He wasn’t even fast in high school. Where do y’all get this stuff from? There’s nothing about Cam that’s fast. He’s a fring NFL guy and is best suited to split carries instead of being a workhorse.

Advertisement
Uhhhh wtf are you talking about? He’s never been fast. He wasn’t even fast in high school. Where do y’all get this stuff from? There’s nothing about Cam that’s fast. He’s a fring NFL guy and is best suited to split carries instead of being a workhorse.
I get this from watching his multiple explosive runs for 2+ years, including the handful that were brought back because of penalties..... so I ask what are u talking about? I'm not saying he is Chris Johnson but he sure the **** ain't Joe Yearby!

If Clemson isn’t the best team in the country they are no worse than top 3, either. As long as Lashlee has us beating the average teams that we should beat then that’s what counts to get improvement. The next bigger steps to score on the top defenses etc, is another story, but improvement is what we need right now.

Exactly. Keep improving. Win 10 games year in and year out, and wel have a chance to beat the Clemsons and Bamas for the recruits that will allow us to compete with those teams.

Advertisement
In the last four games against non-Clemson opponents, Miami has scored:

31 points
47 points
52 points
31 points

Last year, Miami would've been 12-1 if they scored 31 points in every game. That's all you need to consistently beat ACC mediocrities with this defense. So far, we've gotten what we asked for.

Clemson showed us the next level. We've got a ways to go. But this was a good win for two reasons.

First, everyone expected a letdown noon stinker coming off a loss. The team came to compete, which is refreshing. Second, Pitt presents a tough style matchup: two NFL DEs, the #1 sack defense in the nation, and an aggressive scheme that takes away your run game and challenges your WRs. Every defense left on the schedule will be an easier touch.

There's a lot of work to do: the offense is dependent on explosive plays, our WRs scare nobody and our OL is still developing. King may need to come back after putting up bad tape against his two best opponents. But you don't go from Louisiana Tech to Clemson in one step. This is progress.
I agree with everything except King coming back, this is his 5th yr. if it aint happening now then it never will. It's time to coach up TVD or the next incoming QB

Last edited:
I was at the game and it definitely felt frustrating at times, but it's really hard to score 31 on Pitt's defense. I'm trying to hold things in perspective.
I don’t know, NC State put up 30 and BC put up 31 too. We always seem to give coaches passes. At some point we need to play hard and coach better all 60 minutes.

Advertisement
If the only team we lose to this season is Clemson that’s only 2 losses. I’ll take that and it will sure look good to recruits. We used to lose these games so I’m not mad. Are their things that definitely need fixing yes. I’ll take the Ws however they come tho. What fun is looking good and losing?

I was at the game and it definitely felt frustrating at times, but it's really hard to score 31 on Pitt's defense. I'm trying to hold things in perspective.

31 is the most points scored on them in 4 quarters this season.

We have some really dense posters who think that if Miami beats a team, it automatically means that team sucks. Sad.

Advertisement
Back