A Question about Bryce Young

Advertisement
Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF

If there was ever an opportunity for Miami to beat Bama in the past 13 years this is the chance. Our senior QB vs their Freshman. They just lost 6 first rounders. And if Miami does win ESPN will pass it down as not a big deal 2 days later. If Miami wins it does not mean we are back. We just took advantage of a young team. I am ok with that. If we lose then that was expected. So lets just win the game.

Advertisement
QB experience definitely favors us, without a doubt but what about the supporting cast? Saban isn't rolling this kid out there to figure it out on his own - this isn't Al Golden trotting Kaaya out there as a frosh. Our DL and secondary need to make sure they rattle him and give him no outlets and then King can handle business on the offense.

Will be interesting how he does. I have no doubt that he's the goods, can move really well but like any other first year guy, can be rattled. The danger comes with Manny's defense and back 7 has backs turned chasing guys all around and the kid kills us running on 3rd and longs. But, that's the old Baker defense - wonder Manny;s apporoach

Advertisement
If there was ever an opportunity for Miami to beat Bama in the past 13 years this is the chance. Our senior QB vs their Freshman. They just lost 6 first rounders. And if Miami does win ESPN will pass it down as not a big deal 2 days later. If Miami wins it does not mean we are back. We just took advantage of a young team. I am ok with that. If we lose then that was expected. So lets just win the game.
It will be a big deal HOW we lose. A competitive game? That'll be OK, something to build on. A rout by the Tide, say 48-7, not so much.

Advertisement
Some of y’all have a confused sense of reality.

Saban ain’t going anywhere and no this is not the beginning of the end for him. Bryce is a very good mobile QB. Will he better than Jalen, Tua, or Mac? Not sure. But he’s got a pretty high floor and an even higher ceiling.

Advertisement
Some of y’all have a confused sense of reality.

Saban ain’t going anywhere and no this is not the beginning of the end for him. Bryce is a very good mobile QB. Will he better than Jalen, Tua, or Mac? Not sure. But he’s got a pretty high floor and an even higher ceiling.
Reality is he will be seeing his first live bullets vs a defense that has a potential to create alot of chaos. You guys are really downplaying what a TROB coached secondary can make this defense.

This is the first opportunity in 28 years since that's the last time we played them... They've been in worse positions in that time frame when we were better (Butch Davis era) but I see what you're getting at.

Either way, I think that a win wouldn't be downplayed as much as you think. Hard to look at a team beating the defending champs and say it wasn't a big deal.

Advertisement
Back