A note on Bob Shoop

Advertisement
I like to use Yards Per Play as a catch-all stat. It's the simplest measure of efficiency on offense and defense, and it usually matches the eye test of the top teams.

In Manny's last year as DC ('18), Miami ranked 3rd nationally in YPP. Brent Venables and Clemson were 2nd. Bob Shoop and Mississippi State were 1st.

This is an excellent addition to the staff. As an analyst, he gives Manny some veteran, Ivy League eyes with big-time experience. He is not a Yes Man and he has two Broyles Award nominations to his credit. Big-time programs make moves like this.
Can we get Bob Stoops as well?

Advertisement
Huge hire. It's easy for the on-field staff to get bogged down in recruiting, managing everyday problems and implementing their scheme. The top programs have sharp experienced analysts to break down film and make gameplan recommendations.

Too many times we've seen the team look completely unprepared in the 1st half and Diaz talking postgame about how the opponent did stuff they've never seen before and they needed to confirm that for multiple series and other coachspeak excuses. Shoop can self-scout the offense and advance scout the opponents.

Specifically we should never again see a situation where a team like UNC is completely shut down (by ND) and then 2 weeks later rolls all over Manny's defense. Opponent-specific gameplans can make the difference.

I like to use Yards Per Play as a catch-all stat. It's the simplest measure of efficiency on offense and defense, and it usually matches the eye test of the top teams.

In Manny's last year as DC ('18), Miami ranked 3rd nationally in YPP. Brent Venables and Clemson were 2nd. Bob Shoop and Mississippi State were 1st.

This is an excellent addition to the staff. As an analyst, he gives Manny some veteran, Ivy League eyes with big-time experience. He is not a Yes Man and he has two Broyles Award nominations to his credit. Big-time programs make moves like this.
As opposed to bringing in a Highly Qualified Professional Level DC? Real big time :sneaky:

Advertisement
No doubt, I’m not speaking from first-hand knowledge, just my opinion based on their recent history of decision-making.

With respect to Shoop, I could be wrong but I think most if not all of his pay is still coming from Michigan.
amen, how do you think Saban gets alll these analysts . Shoop will be paid just enough and Michigan will pick up tab.

Advertisement
Analyst role is perfect for him. He's a snake and horrendous recruiter. Plus, his years at Miss St. were greatly enhanced by Jeff Simmons, Montez Sweat, and Johnathan Abram for starters. 3 of top 5 D players in SEC those years.

Analyst role is perfect for him. He's a snake and horrendous recruiter. Plus, his years at Miss St. were greatly enhanced by Jeff Simmons, Montez Sweat, and Johnathan Abram for starters. 3 of top 5 D players in SEC those years.
Shocking top talent makes coaches schemes look better....

We have some good players as well ain’t no reason he can’t make them look impressive

either way he’s an off field analyst lol

Advertisement
Shocking top talent makes coaches schemes look better....

We have some good players as well ain’t no reason he can’t make them look impressive

either way he’s an off field analyst lol
Hopefully putting together game plans and helping with the run defense. And Trob can help straighten out the secondary.

So by your theory, every coach who had a good defense can attribute there success to having a good player's. I mean of course it does, that goes for any coach in any sport good/great players make the scheme even better. Jimmy's and joe's over x's and o's. Except for when you have zach's and brandon's or jordan futch's or romello davis's

Advertisement
Back