A name to think about

Advertisement
He will never give a **** about recruiting or defense
Totally disagree. He’s had to recruit to places like Pullman and Lubbock. Go there. You won’t want to go back. Ever. Imagine him and his swagger at Miami. Please. However, there are plenty of good coaches who would drool to recruit south floridA. But I would take him.

Advertisement
Mullen only beat 7 ranked teams in 9 years. Leach is already at 5 and he’s not done with his second season.
I mean, what's the goal then with hiring Leach? He never won anything really of importance at Texas Tech except for one magical year. Same at Washington State. He'd show flashes of a great team, then lose to Portland State. I remember being in Seattle and UW fans loved facing his teams. Even Petersen pointed out that Leach's teams never adjust and it was pretty simple to game plan. Eventually teams are going to figure him out in the SEC after this year.

In the end, yes, he's better than Diaz. But what are you going to do with him? Get back to 9-win seasons? Great. Outstanding. Been missing that.

Advertisement
OMG kill the program bruh wow
Dude. We know what Leach is, he's not going to take us any higher than we've been the last 15 years. It'll be another recycle after 4-5 years. Make Mario, Kiffin, or Stoops tell you no. Than go to the B-tier and hit up on up-and-comers. But not f'ing Mike Leach. Jesus Christ.

Advertisement
Advertisement
OP stealing Trump’s material from 2006. Sad!

At least he has Trump on his side. The tycoon lobbied Miami to hire Leach in 2006, when they ultimately chose Shannon. University officials confirmed the authenticity of Trump's note Wednesday.

"You made a big mistake when you did not take my advice and hire Mike Leach of Texas Tech ... and you can now get him for the right price," Trump wrote to Shalala.

Lane, sure although LSU will be involved there. But Leach’s resume blows Herman’s away if we are talking about winning P5 games.

If Lane isn't realistic, heck I'll take him with the Dolphins, give me Bill O'Brien.

Advertisement
Back