A name to think about

Advertisement
This is based on no info, other than the fact that we know this is his dream job. But if Cristobal says no, should we consider Mike Leach?

11-win season at Texas Tech, a terrible P5 program in a bad city. 11-win season at Washington State, a terrible P5 program in a bad city.

And now he’s at the ultimate proving ground and has beaten Texas A&M, Auburn, Kentucky and NC State already this season.

I hope we take a hard look there.

Long term? No. Would I give him 3 years with TVD in the Air Raid? It is somewhat intriguing. Not in my top 3 but would still be a massive upgrade over Diaz. He would need an elite DC and give him total control of the defense.

Stupid for a successful SEC coach to leave for Miami. New AD and HC are in order! Billy Napier is good and would have the Louisiana pipeline that we used to have under Curtis Johnson. Gotta look at the top assistant at Georgia also who might to be HC ready. Tom Herman might be a choice. Texas is trash and they may lose to Kansas tonight. Maybe Herman couldn't get the Texas recruits to buy into his philosophy that worked well at Houston.

Advertisement
Lane is a stud but that smells like LSU to me. He will have options.

Kiffin is boys with Ed O. If he thinks they did Ed O dirty (which they did by smearing him with lies about bringing chicks to practice) , he's not going to have a positive feeling about LSU. Obviously money talks, but if he has a fair offer at UM, I think he would be inclined to pass on LSU.

Advertisement
This is based on no info, other than the fact that we know this is his dream job. But if Cristobal says no, should we consider Mike Leach?

11-win season at Texas Tech, a terrible P5 program in a bad city. 11-win season at Washington State, a terrible P5 program in a bad city.

And now he’s at the ultimate proving ground and has beaten Texas A&M, Auburn, Kentucky and NC State already this season.

Mike Leach

**** NO

I think your intent was to conduct a survey with this thread, and then submit the results to the administration. Brilliant!
johnny-depp-captain-jack-sparrow.gif

Advertisement
Long term? No. Would I give him 3 years with TVD in the Air Raid? It is somewhat intriguing. Not in my top 3 but would still be a massive upgrade over Diaz. He would need an elite DC and give him total control of the defense.
It wouldn't though. We keep fixing our biggest problem while creating another. al couldn't do D, Richt couldn't do O, Manny can't do D again. This guy is just another coach who keeps having mixed success, why would he be any different at Miami? We all know "mixed success" isn't going to get it here.

I'm good on Mike Leech.... He can consistently win 9 games but his system ***** the bed against teams with More talent

Advertisement
long term he would have an unlimited amount of players that fit his offense.

If he can just have a competent dc he would be legit problems.
I mean sh*t he already has his qb and a legit back up with a nice project qb looking signed for this class.
We need a big personality. Don't get why people think he wouldn't attract South Florida players.

Lane Kiffin, Tom Herman, Eric Morris or resurrect Art Briles.

I’d have rather have a Leach disciple than Leach himself.
Kiffin? Herman, ask Texas fans what they think about Herman and what he did with 4 & 5 star talent. Never heard of Morris, maybe he’s great? Briles would have no chance with this Admin. To Leach I would like to see it, I think he’s leaps and bounds better than Manny but that probably isn’t saying much.

Advertisement
Back