A name to think about

Advertisement
This is based on no info, other than the fact that we know this is his dream job. But if Cristobal says no, should we consider Mike Leach?

11-win season at Texas Tech, a terrible P5 program in a bad city. 11-win season at Washington State, a terrible P5 program in a bad city.

And now he’s at the ultimate proving ground and has beaten Texas A&M, Auburn, Kentucky and NC State already this season.

I hope we take a hard look there.
OMG kill the program bruh wow

Advertisement
Advertisement
How many coaches have won 11 games at two P5 programs and held their own in the SEC?

I get being hesitant with the gimmicks, but he’s won me over with his ability to get Ws at different places. He’s never had a good job and he still wins.
Not sure why people are poo pooing this suggestion. The guy has won every where he’s been. Would have loved to get him 10 years or so ago when he applied but he’s definitely not a name to scoff at

This is based on no info, other than the fact that we know this is his dream job. But if Cristobal says no, should we consider Mike Leach?

11-win season at Texas Tech, a terrible P5 program in a bad city. 11-win season at Washington State, a terrible P5 program in a bad city.

And now he’s at the ultimate proving ground and has beaten Texas A&M, Auburn, Kentucky and NC State already this season.

I hope we take a hard look there.
I would take the Pirate in a heart beat!

Advertisement
How many coaches have won 11 games at two P5 programs and held their own in the SEC?

I get being hesitant with the gimmicks, but he’s won me over with his ability to get Ws at different places. He’s never had a good job and he still wins.
WE win with Vertical power run schemes and tremendous defense. Just how Bama and UGA do it now. All they’re doing is copying what we did with Butch. You don’t need Leachs and Kiffins who are holier than thou personalities. You need guys like Mark Stoops, Bill Clark, Luke Fickell, Matt Campbell, or Chris Klieman. Hard asses that don’t care where you’re from but only if you can play football or not and will mentally beat the South Florida immaturity out of these kids and give them the proper development that they need. It’s literally not that hard and y’all are trying to reinvent the wheel.

I wanted us to dig at Leach last go round honestly. We’d have some fun moments but we would still be frustrated with some of the bad L’s that we would ultimately take.

Plus, we need a roster flipper in here asap. I have always pictured him walking into Miami Central and I just laugh. I don’t think he is the answer, D. JMO

We can and probably will do alot worse though and be wishing we had taken the Leach plunge in 3 years.

Advertisement

Held his own? He's under .500 lol. He's no Dan Mullen...............but let's talk about the 1 texas tech season 14 years ago.

WE win with Vertical power run schemes and tremendous defense. Just how Bama and UGA do it now. All they’re doing is copying what we did with Butch. You don’t need Leachs and Kiffins who are holier than thou personalities. You need guys like Mark Stoops, Bill Clark, Luke Fickell, Matt Campbell, or Chris Klieman. Hard asses that don’t care where you’re from but only if you can play football or not and will mentally beat the South Florida immaturity out of these kids and give them the proper development that they need. It’s literally not that hard and y’all are trying to reinvent the wheel.

We will never, ever, EVER win like that going forward because we will never have the guys up front like Bama/UGA does. Spread em out and toss it. We aren’t winning anything consistently with any type of power scheme on O. JMO.

Totally disagree. He’s had to recruit to places like Pullman and Lubbock. Go there. You won’t want to go back. Ever. Imagine him and his swagger at Miami. Please. However, there are plenty of good coaches who would drool to recruit south floridA. But I would take him.
Meme Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Advertisement
Back