A name to think about

But, as D$ has pointed out, those aren't facts in this case. Leach has performed well in 3 of the 5 P5 conferences. Not saying Leach is the answer, but I respectfully disagree when you equate Diaz with Leach - they are not on the same level.
They seem to be pretty similar to me. Beat a couple of ranked teams, lose to a couple you have no business losing to, and a mediocre bowl at the end of the year.

Advertisement
I mean you'd have a point if he was winning REAL bowl games and not the Tangerine and Armed Forces bowls, and whatever else made up bowls they've come up with lately.

I just don't buy the "but he was at bad programs" argument when teams like Baylor and Wake Forest can sneak in conference championships nowadays. If you have that kind of longevity in modern college football and can't win a conference championship (not even talking about national championships, which is our standard), then that is pretty telling.

Is he an upgrade over Manny? Don't really think so. As I said, two sides of the same coin. This is a guy that lost to Memphis this year, and his history is full of bad losses.
Lmao you say like we ain’t losing those same exact type of bowls. Go ahead and check out the screenshots I attached and tell me if the types of bowls are really any different?

And btw… Baylor over the last decade has been an exponentially better program than UM. They have now had multiple quality teams on both sides of a scandal. So when you say “teams like Baylor” what exactly type of team is that? They’ve finished the year in the top 15 5 times in the last decade. They hired a head coach that went on to the NFL… are we even sure that Manny is going to be a DC at a P5 school after this?

Sure he lost to Memphis this year but he also beat Jimbo. How you think we do against A and M game 1 next year if Manny leading the charge? He beat Stoops this year who everyone wants to come on over. Just beat Auburn. He’s got a better record in year 2 at MS state in the SEC than Manny has in year 3 in the ACC.

I don’t think it could be more clear he’s better than Manny. That’s not a high bar and he’s well over that bar. As are many coaches.

Attachments

• D2CFE53A-30EF-4D07-B127-4CC3691CE88D.png
    D2CFE53A-30EF-4D07-B127-4CC3691CE88D.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
Lmao you say like we ain’t losing those same exact type of bowls. Go ahead and check out the screenshots I attached and tell me if the types of bowls are really any different?

And btw… Baylor over the last decade has been an exponentially better program than UM. They have now had multiple quality teams on both sides of a scandal. So when you say “teams like Baylor” what exactly type of team is that? They’ve finished the year in the top 15 5 times in the last decade. They hired a head coach that went on to the NFL… are we even sure that Manny is going to be a DC at a P5 school after this?

Sure he lost to Memphis this year but he also beat Jimbo. How you think we do against A and M game 1 next year if Manny leading the charge? He beat Stoops this year who everyone wants to come on over. Just beat Auburn. He’s got a better record in year 2 at MS state in the SEC than Manny has in year 3 in the ACC.

I don’t think it could be more clear he’s better than Manny. That’s not a high bar and he’s well over that bar. As are many coaches.
Maybe you think our coaching search should be focused around a guy that can win those shltty bowl games, I do not.

When I say "teams like Baylor", I'm referring to historically horrible teams that get a competent head coach and then win conference championships. If Art Briles can win the Big 12 with Baylor, then it seems like that should be an attainable accomplishment. And don't forget Mike Price won the Pac 12 twice with Washington State.

Manny sucks and should be fired, I know we won't stand a chance against A&M. I want a guy who can compete with the big boys, but I also don't want to have to worry about losing to Memphis. That's just who this guy is, and he's shown it just about every year over the past 20 years.

Advertisement
He’s never coached at a legit program yet everyone’s so sure. His record is a lot better than some people on here covet and he’s always been at a disadvantageous program. He’s easily be the best coach since Butch and it’s not close

Advertisement
WE win with Vertical power run schemes and tremendous defense. Just how Bama and UGA do it now. All they’re doing is copying what we did with Butch. You don’t need Leachs and Kiffins who are holier than thou personalities. You need guys like Mark Stoops, Bill Clark, Luke Fickell, Matt Campbell, or Chris Klieman. Hard asses that don’t care where you’re from but only if you can play football or not and will mentally beat the South Florida immaturity out of these kids and give them the proper development that they need. It’s literally not that hard and y’all are trying to reinvent the wheel.

So your answer is to play exactly like Bama and Georgia and try to out recruit them to a NC? Good luck with that strat

Maybe you think our coaching search should be focused around a guy that can win those shltty bowl games, I do not.

When I say "teams like Baylor", I'm referring to historically horrible teams that get a competent head coach and then win conference championships. If Art Briles can win the Big 12 with Baylor, then it seems like that should be an attainable accomplishment. And don't forget Mike Price won the Pac 12 twice with Washington State.

Manny sucks and should be fired, I know we won't stand a chance against A&M. I want a guy who can compete with the big boys, but I also don't want to have to worry about losing to Memphis. That's just who this guy is, and he's shown it just about every year over the past 20 years.
Mario has equally bad losses seemingly every year though as well so who’s your guy?

Mario has equally bad losses seemingly every year though as well so who’s your guy?
Nah, he doesn't. He's only been a P5 coach for a few years, but still doesn't have FCS and G5 losses like Leach does. Either way, Mario is a young coach and has been groomed by the best, and has won big games and conference championships. I expect him to get even better and compete for national championships in the near future. Leach has been at this for much longer, you know what you're going to get with him. Mario is my guy.

Advertisement
Mario or Lane have to be 1a and 1b. Then i would look at O’Brien, Leach, Herman, Freeze, Aranda, Fickell.
I think if Mario doesn’t want it, we could offer a similar package to Kiffin and he would take it.

Advertisement
I really don’t care about a coach’s politics as it doesn’t impact coaching. BUT, Leach is outspoken about his politics which are pretty contrary to the political culture in Miami. He’s a loud mouth and will certainly alienate a large percentage of people in Miami within the first 6 months of his hiring. He would/will never last long enough to have a beneficial impact on the program.

Baylor is a better school than Miami in everything. Better at every sport, better academically. A degree from Baylor is worth a lot more than a degree from Miami.

The only thing Miami has over Baylor is the history of the football brand…and that’s thanks to guys like Howard, Jimmy, Butch, Sam Jancovich, and a BoT who are all retired or dead.

Current UM admin are doing everything they can to ruin the only thing about Miami that makes it worth a **** - the football brand.

If I had to pick a university that’s most like UM nationally in every aspect, maybe SMU is the best fit. Although SMU has a stadium, and we don’t. And SMU is respected a bit more academically.

Maybe Fordham or Loyola.

Baylor is a better school than Miami in everything. Better at every sport, better academically. A degree from Baylor is worth a lot more than a degree from Miami.

The only thing Miami has over Baylor is the history of the football brand…and that’s thanks to guys like Howard, Jimmy, Butch, Sam Jancovich, and a BoT who are all retired or dead.

Current UM admin are doing everything they can to ruin the only thing about Miami that makes it worth a **** - the football brand.

If I had to pick a university that’s most like UM nationally in every aspect, maybe SMU is the best fit. Although SMU has a stadium, and we don’t. And SMU is respected a bit more academically.

Maybe Fordham or Loyola.
These ppl are drunk, acting like Miami over Baylor is a no brainer lol

Advertisement
Back