A name to think about

This is based on no info, other than the fact that we know this is his dream job. But if Cristobal says no, should we consider Mike Leach?

11-win season at Texas Tech, a terrible P5 program in a bad city. 11-win season at Washington State, a terrible P5 program in a bad city.

And now he’s at the ultimate proving ground and has beaten Texas A&M, Auburn, Kentucky and NC State already this season.

I hope we take a hard look there.
The offense would be great. For ACC competition I think we'd win most games, especially games we should win. But will we beat anyone major? Idk. And will he win recruiting battles? That's my biggest criticism with the idea of hiring Leach - recruiting. Wed have to spend SERIOUS money on defensive coaches.

But yeah ultimately I think Leach's time is up. Rather have Kiffin if we're just tryna let **** ride. At least he can recruit.

Advertisement
This is based on no info, other than the fact that we know this is his dream job. But if Cristobal says no, should we consider Mike Leach?

11-win season at Texas Tech, a terrible P5 program in a bad city. 11-win season at Washington State, a terrible P5 program in a bad city.

And now he’s at the ultimate proving ground and has beaten Texas A&M, Auburn, Kentucky and NC State already this season.

Stop posting. STOP!

Been saying Leach since the Radio flop. I’ll take a 55-45 win over a loss any day of the week. He’s won in Lubbock, Pullman and Starkville for Christ’s sake.

Advertisement

YES.

55-47 at Wash St with 4 of his 8 seasons there under .500
10-11 at Miss St. Auburn isn’t good and they’re still only 6-4. One more win than Manny.

I’m sorry why would we want him?

I want the Cincinnati dude man, Luke shingles or whatever his name is. Get that motherfuker Miami.

Advertisement
Leach would be a good OC, but not really HC material down here.
Stop with the "down here" nonsense. What, are people "down here" too retarded to run his system? Wait, is he too conservative? How's having the son of a liberal politician working for you? Stop the "down here" bullcrap. JJ was a bad fit "down here" if I remember correctly. So was Butch Davis. You NEED a coach that gets these young men out of their comfort zones, not pass out participation trophies when they lose. ****, if anything it's a coach like Manny Diaz we don't need "down here".

Mike Leach has already won more SEC games in a couple years than Manny Diaz could win in 5, but he's a bad fit "down here"? Put down your prejudice and look at results. The man is doing alright in the SEC at a bottom feeder SEC school, but "down here" he'd what, forget how to coach? "Down here" he wouldn't be able to do what exactly? Tell me, what is it a winning coach wouldn't be able to do at the University of Miami? A proven winner that lights up the scoreboards everywhere he goes.

Is he quirky? Sure. Is he also a **** smart coach that consistently does more with less? Yes. It beats the living **** out of what we have now in Manny Diaz. It beats the living **** out of Randy Shannon and Al Golden.

Honestly, if the man made Donna Shalala uncomfortable, then he's probably the man for the job.

Stop with the "down here" nonsense. What, are people "down here" too retarded to run his system? Wait, is he too conservative? How's having the son of a liberal politician working for you? Stop the "down here" bullcrap. JJ was a bad fit "down here" if I remember correctly. So was Butch Davis. You NEED a coach that gets these young men out of their comfort zones, not pass out participation trophies when they lose. ****, if anything it's a coach like Manny Diaz we don't need "down here".

Mike Leach has already won more SEC games in a couple years than Manny Diaz could win in 5, but he's a bad fit "down here"? Put down your prejudice and look at results. The man is doing alright in the SEC at a bottom feeder SEC school, but "down here" he'd what, forget how to coach? "Down here" he wouldn't be able to do what exactly? Tell me, what is it a winning coach wouldn't be able to do at the University of Miami? A proven winner that lights up the scoreboards everywhere he goes.

Is he quirky? Sure. Is he also a **** smart coach that consistently does more with less? Yes. It beats the living **** out of what we have now in Manny Diaz. It beats the living **** out of Randy Shannon and Al Golden.

Honestly, if the man made Donna Shalala uncomfortable, then he's probably the man for the job.
Bravo, you won the internet today with this

Advertisement

Bravo, you won the internet today with this

Advertisement
IDGAF so long as it isnt Randy Shannon 3.0

Last edited:
Stupid for a successful SEC coach to leave for Miami. New AD and HC are in order! Billy Napier is good and would have the Louisiana pipeline that we used to have under Curtis Johnson. Gotta look at the top assistant at Georgia also who might to be HC ready. Tom Herman might be a choice. Texas is trash and they may lose to Kansas tonight. Maybe Herman couldn't get the Texas recruits to buy into his philosophy that worked well at Houston.
Kansas beat them....Sark is having a difficult 2021 season..sheesh

😂😂😂😂😂 y’all really what Mike Leach trying to recruit SF kids?? Lol this board wild..
Tell me exactly how well recruits related to Butch Davis, Dennis Erickson, Howard Schnellenberger and Jimmy Johnson. You see, I am old enough to remember people, much like yourself, saying they couldn't possibly relate to south Florida talent. A dude from Oklahoma State, who could never beat the big boys in the Big 8. A pipe smoking assistant coach that failed miserably as a head coach. A red haired freckled face dude from Texas.

Yeah, I think we know what you are talking about. You think all these young men would run away from Mike Leach, and they couldn't care less about scoring points. You're wrong. Just because the man makes you feel uncomfortable doesn't mean players won't want to play for him. Just like there was no way they could ever relate to our other great coaches, but they actually did, and thrived.

Enough with the perceived comfort zone of SFL recruits. They don't NEED to be comfortable. They need to be pushed to be better than they are. They need to be coached up. They need to be able to use their God given skills to the max, and playing fast is exactly what SFL athletes can do best. The University of Miami was built on speed, and why some of you think Mike Leach wouldn't maximize that is just mind blowing to me. Well no, it's not really. We all know why some don't like him.

Advertisement
Back