A name to think about

Advertisement
Stop with the "down here" nonsense. What, are people "down here" too retarded to run his system? Wait, is he too conservative? How's having the son of a liberal politician working for you?

Mike Leach has already won more SEC games in a couple years than Manny Diaz could win in 5, but he's a bad fit "down here"?

...You are making an awful lot of conclusions of what I think based on absolutely no evidence whatsoever. None.

What does a guys political ideologies have ANYTHING to do with his ability to coach a football team?

My complaints primarily stem for his lack of attention on defense, and while his post game interviews are kooky and fun, he'd probably **** off the wrong people who contribute to the program.

Hence, why I said he would be a great OC.

Advertisement
...You are making an awful lot of conclusions of what I think based on absolutely no evidence whatsoever. None.

What does a guys political ideologies have ANYTHING to do with his ability to coach a football team?

My complaints primarily stem for his lack of attention on defense, and while his post game interviews are kooky and fun, he'd probably **** off the wrong people who contribute to the program.

Hence, why I said he would be a great OC.
Alright, I can get that. However, remember one reason he has had to score so many points is because he's been at places where it was hard to get the talent on D to stop anyone. He'd have access to far more talent here than anywhere else he has been. Every place he's gone has been a lower level school in a big conference. He's had to do what he's had to do to win games, and that meant outscoring teams.

He even addressed this fear among Miami fans years ago when he said the talent at Miami would allow him to do things differently. Just like Jimmy Johnson could do things differently at Miami than he did at Oklahoma State. Great coaches adapt to the talent they have. Leach would do the same.

Not to derail the thread but i don't think it's worth another one. What about Bill Bedenbaugh as a way out there name? Im not saying I want him, just curious what everyone thinks of him.

He's the offensive line coach/offensive coordinator at Oklahoma, would have a kickass offense, help the o-line, and i think he can recruit. Again, way out there name but i haven't.heard him be brought up yet.
I believe the CIS porsters here want a proven head coach and not an OC OR DC.

Advertisement
Mike Leach has already won more SEC games in a couple years than Manny Diaz could win in 5, but he's a bad fit "down here"? Put down your prejudice and look at results. The man is doing alright in the SEC at a bottom feeder SEC school, but "down here" he'd what, forget how to coach? "Down here" he wouldn't be able to do what exactly? Tell me, what is it a winning coach wouldn't be able to do at the University of Miami? A proven winner that lights up the scoreboards everywhere he goes.

Every coach beginning with Mullen has gone at least .500 at MSU, so it's not like what He's doing this year has never been seen before LOL.

Fact of the matter is, Leach has only won His conference 2 times in a 20 year career, with 1 being a 3 way tie with OU & Texas...and He's only finished the season ranked 5 times.

Leach is overrated, we don't need His kind down here.

No, we’d be 8-4 every year, score lots of points until we played a really good team. I was on board when we hired Richt but lost the Leach interest

Advertisement
"Actually won before"? He may have won a few participation trophies, but he's never even won his own conference once in a 20 year coaching career.
Bro he’s got 4 more bowl wins than our entire program over the last 20 years and that’s while coaching at Texas tech and Washington state.

If you look at the U and Mike leach starting at the Randy Shannon era he’s still got us 4-1 in bowl wins.

And he has more 8 plus won seasons since the beginning of the Randy Shannon era than our entire program does. Again keep in mind he did this at Texas Tech and Washington State.

Is he some all world coach… heck no. Is he a clear and significant upgrade into the competent head coach category yes he is.

"Actually won before"? He may have won a few participation trophies, but he's never even won his own conference once in a 20 year coaching career.
Neither did Jimmy Johnson. He also knew he would never win it, and that's why he left the Big 8. I guess he sucked as well, right?

Advertisement
Neither did Jimmy Johnson. He also knew he would never win it, and that's why he left the Big 8. I guess he sucked as well, right?
Yeah…we need that guy who is is doing a great job but knows he is coaching a step child within the conference. Whether Kiffin, Campbell IA State…

Mario can win at Oregon every year so maybe a tough sell except to come home.

Premature though UM may be pleased with how we are doing

If you want a gimmick coach, you get gimmick results. Diaz and Leach are two sides of the same coin.
But, as D$ has pointed out, those aren't facts in this case. Leach has performed well in 3 of the 5 P5 conferences. Not saying Leach is the answer, but I respectfully disagree when you equate Diaz with Leach - they are not on the same level.

Bro he’s got 4 more bowl wins than our entire program over the last 20 years and that’s while coaching at Texas tech and Washington state.

If you look at the U and Mike leach starting at the Randy Shannon era he’s still got us 4-1 in bowl wins.

And he has more 8 plus won seasons since the beginning of the Randy Shannon era than our entire program does. Again keep in mind he did this at Texas Tech and Washington State.

Is he some all world coach… heck no. Is he a clear and significant upgrade into the competent head coach category yes he is.

I mean you'd have a point if he was winning REAL bowl games and not the Tangerine and Armed Forces bowls, and whatever else made up bowls they've come up with lately.

I just don't buy the "but he was at bad programs" argument when teams like Baylor and Wake Forest can sneak in conference championships nowadays. If you have that kind of longevity in modern college football and can't win a conference championship (not even talking about national championships, which is our standard), then that is pretty telling.

Is he an upgrade over Manny? Don't really think so. As I said, two sides of the same coin. This is a guy that lost to Memphis this year, and his history is full of bad losses.

Jimmy Johnson wasn't at Ok State for 20 years. Also a very different time in college football (see Mike Gundy, a far inferior coach to JJ, winning a conference championship, and arguably should've played for the NC, at Ok State in 2011).

Advertisement
Back