A name to think about

These ppl are drunk, acting like Miami over Baylor is a no brainer lol

I’ll be fair about it. Miami has a stronger football brand thanks to the 80’s. Although that’s fading.

Baylor is a better school with better academic and athletic success, better infrastructure, and better support for coaches and athletics. Both teams are located in recruiting hotbeds.

Baylor probably has more money. Miami still probably has the edge when it comes to brand name and football. And Miami plays in a better conference, or it will when OK and TX leave for the SEC

Advertisement
I really don’t care about a coach’s politics as it doesn’t impact coaching. BUT, Leach is outspoken about his politics which are pretty contrary to the political culture in Miami. He’s a loud mouth and will certainly alienate a large percentage of people in Miami within the first 6 months of his hiring. He would/will never last long enough to have a beneficial impact on the program.
I don't wanna get into politics (especially on the 1 year anniversary of my last political warning), but Miami-Dade and Florida as a whole are more conservative now...Trump lost to Biden in Miami Dade by 7 points; lost to Hillary in 2016 by 29. The governor and legislature are Republican strongholds. Both Senators are Republican.

So I don't think he would be alienating a lot of people.

Plus I also don't think he would get too political because the media pundits down here don't really care about politics. Richt was hardcore right wing and it never really showed, never became an issue.

People want to WIN.. fans wanna win, players want to win, recruits want to win. As long as he wins no one will give 2 shyts about his politics.

I really don’t care about a coach’s politics as it doesn’t impact coaching. BUT, Leach is outspoken about his politics which are pretty contrary to the political culture in Miami. He’s a loud mouth and will certainly alienate a large percentage of people in Miami within the first 6 months of his hiring. He would/will never last long enough to have a beneficial impact on the program.
That's the only reservation I have about him. But he is a **** of a smart coach who if given our athletes will do a lot in terms of winning the ACC.

I don't wanna get into politics (especially on the 1 year anniversary of my last political warning), but Miami-Dade and Florida as a whole are more conservative now...Trump lost to Biden in Miami Dade by 7 points; lost to Hillary in 2016 by 29. The governor and legislature are Republican strongholds. Both Senators are Republican.

So I don't think he would be alienating a lot of people.

Plus I also don't think he would get too political because the media pundits down here don't really care about politics. Richt was hardcore right wing and it never really showed, never became an issue.

People want to WIN.. fans wanna win, players want to win, recruits want to win. As long as he wins no one will give 2 shyts about his politics.
old Cubans run Miami into the ground.

Advertisement
I’ll be fair about it. Miami has a stronger football brand thanks to the 80’s. Although that’s fading.

Baylor is a better school with better academic and athletic success, better infrastructure, and better support for coaches and athletics. Both teams are located in recruiting hotbeds.

Baylor probably has more money. Miami still probably has the edge when it comes to brand name and football. And Miami plays in a better conference, or it will when OK and TX leave for the SEC
What’s really sad is that FSU is now better academically.

old Cubans run Miami into the ground.
Tom Hardy Bait GIF

This is based on no info, other than the fact that we know this is his dream job. But if Cristobal says no, should we consider Mike Leach?

11-win season at Texas Tech, a terrible P5 program in a bad city. 11-win season at Washington State, a terrible P5 program in a bad city.

And now he’s at the ultimate proving ground and has beaten Texas A&M, Auburn, Kentucky and NC State already this season.

I hope we take a hard look there.
Just listening to Leach field questions from SMD on a weekly basis would be amazing.

Advertisement
Bro he’s got 4 more bowl wins than our entire program over the last 20 years and that’s while coaching at Texas tech and Washington state.

If you look at the U and Mike leach starting at the Randy Shannon era he’s still got us 4-1 in bowl wins.

And he has more 8 plus won seasons since the beginning of the Randy Shannon era than our entire program does. Again keep in mind he did this at Texas Tech and Washington State.

Is he some all world coach… heck no. Is he a clear and significant upgrade into the competent head coach category yes he is.
If you're comparing a coach on his accomplishments to what Miami has accomplished since Randy Shannon, just about every single coach is going to shine.

People don't realize it, but they're lowering the bar while screaming at lackluster results.

If you're comparing a coach on his accomplishments to what Miami has accomplished since Randy Shannon, just about every single coach is going to shine.

People don't realize it, but they're lowering the bar while screaming at lackluster results.
And literally one of Leach's 4 bowl wins in 20 years came against an Al Golden team with James Coley as an OC. We were well on our way to winning that game until Coley thought having Yearby throwing a HB pass in the snow was a good idea. But yeah, Leach is amazing.

This is what happens when politics goes to peoples heads. Forget all the noise and look at the on the field results. Why would he be a hard pass based on is on the field performance. Y'all sure excused #47's off the field vices stating that as long as he performs nobody cares. Where is that attitude?

Advertisement
Tell me exactly how well recruits related to Butch Davis, Dennis Erickson, Howard Schnellenberger and Jimmy Johnson. You see, I am old enough to remember people, much like yourself, saying they couldn't possibly relate to south Florida talent. A dude from Oklahoma State, who could never beat the big boys in the Big 8. A pipe smoking assistant coach that failed miserably as a head coach. A red haired freckled face dude from Texas.

Yeah, I think we know what you are talking about. You think all these young men would run away from Mike Leach, and they couldn't care less about scoring points. You're wrong. Just because the man makes you feel uncomfortable doesn't mean players won't want to play for him. Just like there was no way they could ever relate to our other great coaches, but they actually did, and thrived.

Enough with the perceived comfort zone of SFL recruits. They don't NEED to be comfortable. They need to be pushed to be better than they are. They need to be coached up. They need to be able to use their God given skills to the max, and playing fast is exactly what SFL athletes can do best. The University of Miami was built on speed, and why some of you think Mike Leach wouldn't maximize that is just mind blowing to me. Well no, it's not really. We all know why some don't like him.
Butch isn't from Texas...he's from Arkansas...Lol at Butch not being able to relate to S Fl kids...He did just fine from 95-2000...and killed it from 84-88 as JJs recruiting Ace....

Just to be clear, Leach would be below obvious big-ticket guys like Cristobal, Lane and Aranda due to his age and other factors.

But the fact that he has already beaten a ranked LSU, Auburn and Texas A&M has answered some questions. And he beat Stoops’ best team ever.

He is both a safe option and a big swing.

Just to be clear, Leach would be below obvious big-ticket guys like Cristobal, Lane and Aranda due to his age and other factors.

But the fact that he has already beaten a ranked LSU, Auburn and Texas A&M has answered some questions. And he beat Stoops’ best team ever.

He is both a safe option and a big swing.
Ummmm.....this isn't exactly a shining endorsement.

LSU: Has been **** the last two years. Once Brady and Aranda left LSU, Orgeron found himself being fired in the quickest fashion for a coach that just under 2 years, won a natty with one of the greatest teams of all time.

Kentucky: We're talking about a 8/9 win ceiling as a program.

A&M: Probably the best win he has to date.

Auburn: A team that will finish the year with probably around 5 losses.

The only team you can really point to and say it's a legitimate good win is A&M, and that's because they beat Bama this year. And in-conference, they're middle of the pack in the SEC.

Advertisement
The man has had 2 double digit win seasons in 20 years as a HC.
He's lost at least 3 conference games in 16 out of 20 seasons.
He's won his conference 0 times in 20 seasons.
He's won his DIVISION 0 times in 20 seasons.
****.. he even lost to FCS opponents in BACK TO BACK seasons.
His teams have finished outside the top 25 in 9 out of last 10 seasons.

His record looks a lot like our record. THAT'S NOT A GOOD THING. Why in the fck would we want to hire someone to do exactly what we've already done?

"Because if he had SF talent in his system ..."

He'd have to actually get that talent to sign. When he's not acting like the smartest guy in the room, the guy is acting like a weirdo. Isn't he the same ******* who locked some kid in a closet? What exactly do u guys think would happen once he starts dealing with SF attitudes? Some of you would get your wish with him though. Our roster would be built with those under the radar 3* because the top tier kids aren't signing to play with him. And **** sure not those who play on defense.

His record looks a lot like our record. THAT'S NOT A GOOD THING. Why in the fck would we want to hire someone to do exactly what we've already done?

He'd have to actually get that talent to sign. When he's not acting like the smartest guy in the room, the guy is acting like a weirdo. Isn't he the same ******* who locked some kid in a closet? What exactly do u guys think would happen once he starts dealing with SF attitudes? Some of you would get your wish with him though. Our roster would be built with those under the radar 3* because the top tier kids aren't signing to play with him. And **** sure not those who play on defense.

Ouch. Those numbers are terrifying lol.

People are going to gloss over this while you're here stating facts. I really don't understand the logic.

Leach has come out and said he doesn't like to recruit. Guess what you have to do in South Florida when you're dealing with Bama, UGA, Clemson, FSU, UF, Ohio State......recruit.

He's going to settle for 3-stars, and we're going to be lucky if we get a 9-win season here and there. I mean, I guess that's better than what we have with Diaz right now. But there's better out there than Leach, much better.

Advertisement
Back