A myth that needs to die

nice cheap shot about Butch leaving Miami and why he did is something you obviously know nothing about.
if it wasnt for the miracle job Butch Davis did in the 90's, then people like you would not even have
a Miami football program today. the sanctions the NCAA hammered Miami with were
intended to kill the program and the job Butch did was beyond a miracle.

all the little Butch-haters that claim to be Canes fans today should line up and
kiss his *** to thank him for doing what he did to save Miami football.
Who is a Butch hater? Not me guy.

Fact is he ran out in the middle of the night after lying to the players.. It doesn't negate what he did at Miami.. but it doesn't excuse his poor choice. He threw a tantrum over a ****ing match gone wrong with the AD. Both of our losses.

Advertisement
My only concern about Highsmith is what HC wants someone sat over them sticking their nose into their evaluations?

It'd take a very secure HC to say "Ok, Zo, what do you think?" Obviously Diaz wasn't that guy.
Similar concerns here. Very few would be ok with that in my opinion. Cristobal being one of those. If Highsmith is legit in play for a GM type role sitting over the football program more and more this looks like a Columbus power play.

this, since manny has been the HC how many teams have had more talent than us? I'll be generous and say 4 2019 UF 2020 Clemson 21 Bama 21 MSU and i won't argue you on MSU who i feel like has better talent but if you take them away that's 3 teams. Manny is 19-15 in 3 years with only 3 non disputable teams we can say had better talent. that in itself is why he needs to go idc just give me a guy who knows how to win 9+ games on a yearly basis.
Riley drops about as many games as Mario every year. And Oklahoma was pretty much humming when he got there.

Baker and Kyler will make lots of coaches look good.

Guys in this group site what everbu want to call it seems to think only South Florida has good players. You have to win to get a top 10 class.

I hate playing the 'what if' game when it's actually happened.

Love or loathe Cristobal, he beat Day this year.
Absolutely. Not playing that game at all. I've said Oregon deserves to be ranked ahead of OSU because of the H2H - despite Oregon's loss being "worse".

My opinion though.. is that if they play again, OSU takes them to the woodshed (20+ points). You might see it again too. They're likely to be ranked 2-3 after one of the top 2 goes down in the SECCG - besides, I'm sure they'll want to protect Georgia and give them Cincinnati 1st round (which also gives them 'revenge' for the near loss in the bowl game last year) instead of pairing them with either Oregon or OSU.

Of course a lot has to play out. OSU could lose again. Personally, I think Oregon loses to Utah at least once as they'll probably play twice in the next 3-4 weeks.

Advertisement
The knock on Mario was “ he needs more time and experience at a bigger school. He does that and more yet we still pick it apart. This is a wacky fan base. I think some of y’all are being Skip Bayless types, just being contrarian to be contrarian. It’s not like we’re bringing a former cane home for the romance factor, we want to bring him home because he’s a cane that went out and proved himself. Just like we all wanted. Oh well, some of you guys won’t be happy regardless of the hire.
To me it's the obvious ceiling with Cristobal - I've no doubt he will come here and stack the roster - I just question his game day coaching.

I've watched that Oregon team play a few times this year - they're talented, but they don't mollywop bad PAC12 teams like they should (yes I know they've got an awful QB).

It's a 'first world problem' thing considering where we've been the last 17 years, but I wonder what happens when he faces similarly talented teams - can he take his team to the next level and win a Playoff game?

My hesitation is the other options on the table - someone like Stoops really, really interests me. I'd just want to do my due diligence before handing the keys to Cristobal. And I'm very much interested in a programme builder, not someone like Lane.

Granted I'm not offering to pay his $10m buyout, so my opinion means squat.

I'm cool with the attempt to change culture, of course.

But, I'd be lying if I didn't admit it's perhaps my biggest fear and something I consider overlooked in Florida recruiting (generally, including FSU, UF, etc.): many of the kids' attitudes are different, if not frail. I'll get told now "look at how many South Florida kids go to the NFL." A lot of those kids are targeted and filtered through real programs and families. This is especially true in Dade county. The support around kids is hit or miss. [I have the data to prove this one via MDCPS programs my companies have run]

Maybe we, too, can be a real program, evaluate kids correctly, and find the right mentalities. That will depend on factors beyond Mario, IMO. Nevertheless, whoever is the next coach and aims to finally destroy the country club culture will have to evaluate the **** out of more than just SPARQ results and even football tape. We need kids who've been developed with the right mindset or are at least open to the challenge. They aren't as abundant as physically talented kids down here.
Where do you stand on Mario? Reading the tea leaves, I would say you are luke warm at best.

The question isn’t whether he can recruit, he can recruit. Bags or no bags is another issue.

The real question is will he come to Miami. I’m pretty sure I know the answer to that, the way things are looking now the answer is a hard pass from Mario.

So whether he can recruit or not is irrelevant unless this question is answered, the question is, will he leave Oregon?

I don’t believe he will, especially this year.

Somebody prove me wrong.

Advertisement
Dude the money ( investors ) being talked about and long term plans is nothing like this program has seen. This is such another level that it’s comical to compare anything in the schools existence to it. I’ve heard the stadium talks for awhile and I laughed it off. But there’s actual legit talk there.
They need their own stadium with more college atmosphere

Who is a Butch hater? Not me guy.

Fact is he ran out in the middle of the night after lying to the players.. It doesn't negate what he did at Miami.. but it doesn't excuse his poor choice. He threw a tantrum over a ****ing match gone wrong with the AD. Both of our losses.
you obviously have no idea about the truth of what happened ... let's just leave it at that .... have a nice day.

nice cheap shot about Butch leaving Miami and why he did is something you obviously know nothing about.
if it wasnt for the miracle job Butch Davis did in the 90's, then people like you would not even have
a Miami football program today. the sanctions the NCAA hammered Miami with were
intended to kill the program and the job Butch did was beyond a miracle.

all the little Butch-haters that claim to be Canes fans today should line up and
kiss his *** to thank him for doing what he did to save Miami football.
CanesInsight would be NoCanesInsight if not for him....

Advertisement
you obviously have no idea about the truth of what happened ... let's just leave it at that .... have a nice day.
Well I've followed the program closely for 30+ years. I'd love to learn. PM if you want. I won't repeat it.

To me it's the obvious ceiling with Cristobal - I've no doubt he will come here and stack the roster - I just question his game day coaching.

I've watched that Oregon team play a few times this year - they're talented, but they don't mollywop bad PAC12 teams like they should (yes I know they've got an awful QB).

It's a 'first world problem' thing considering where we've been the last 17 years, but I wonder what happens when he faces similarly talented teams - can he take his team to the next level and win a Playoff game?

My hesitation is the other options on the table - someone like Stoops really, really interests me. I'd just want to do my due diligence before handing the keys to Cristobal. And I'm very much interested in a programme builder, not someone like Lane.

Granted I'm not offering to pay his $10m buyout, so my opinion means squat.

I'm cool with the attempt to change culture, of course.

But, I'd be lying if I didn't admit it's perhaps my biggest fear and something I consider overlooked in Florida recruiting (generally, including FSU, UF, etc.): many of the kids' attitudes are different, if not frail. I'll get told now "look at how many South Florida kids go to the NFL." A lot of those kids are targeted and filtered through real programs and families. This is especially true in Dade county. The support around kids is hit or miss. [I have the data to prove this one via MDCPS programs my companies have run]

Maybe we, too, can be a real program, evaluate kids correctly, and find the right mentalities. That will depend on factors beyond Mario, IMO. Nevertheless, whoever is the next coach and aims to finally destroy the country club culture will have to evaluate the **** out of more than just SPARQ results and even football tape. We need kids who've been developed with the right mindset or are at least open to the challenge. They aren't as abundant as physically talented kids down here.
Some of you "old timers" care to explain how a Mario hire is much different than Randy Shannon hire? I remember the excitment of Shannon's hiring...former JJ player, knew what it took to get UM back to glory days disciplinarian, can recruit, former players loved it, was viewed at the time as a great DC, all the things I am hearing about Mario...except Randy couldn't coach out of a paper bag. Now we are supposed to be excited about paying gobs of money for the "same thing"? I get it..Mario has won at Oregon, worked under Saban, etc...but he hasn't been to the playoffs, has some ugly losses to lesser opponents and if it goes bad here how long does it take to get out? I think I prefer someone who is an excellent COACH and has no historical ties to the program....assemble a good staff and recruiting takes care of itself as long as the Ws are there.

Some of you "old timers" care to explain how a Mario hire is much different than Randy Shannon hire? I remember the excitment of Shannon's hiring...former JJ player, knew what it took to get UM back to glory days disciplinarian, can recruit, former players loved it, was viewed at the time as a great DC, all the things I am hearing about Mario...except Randy couldn't coach out of a paper bag. Now we are supposed to be excited about paying gobs of money for the "same thing"? I get it..Mario has won at Oregon, worked under Saban, etc...but he hasn't been to the playoffs, has some ugly losses to lesser opponents and if it goes bad here how long does it take to get out? I think I prefer someone who is an excellent COACH and has no historical ties to the program....assemble a good staff and recruiting takes care of itself as long as the Ws are there.
well, to start one has vast HC experience at two places and one didn't. Randy might be an excellent defensive coach, but he's not a real leader of men.

Advertisement
Well I've followed the program closely for 30+ years. I'd love to learn. PM if you want. I won't repeat it.
30yrs??...is that all??...Lol...You know absolutely nothing about what went on in ref to Butch's tenure and him leaving, except the falsehoods a bunch of people Love to spew....

CanesInsight would be NoCanesInsight if not for him....
Absofreakinlutely right, Brother. these people that just keep repeating bull**** they read or heard and try to pass it off as fact
are sickening. i still say these little so-called Canes fans need to line up and kiss Butch's *** for what he did.

I am thinking about it, and I don't know that there are 10 coaches better than Mario.

There are some that we can project as better, but they are mostly at the G5 level (chadwell-type guys).

Saban
Dabo

Day
Smart
Brian Kelly
Fickell
Kiffin

I think Mario is equal to, or arguably above, the following:

Fisher
Mullen
Riley
Franklin
Chryst
Patterson
Stoops
Fitzgerald
Bronco
Gus
Sitaki
Ferenz
Wittingham
Gundy

Pick your poistion from Group 3 - a "what have you done for me lately situation"

30yrs??...is that all??...Lol...You know absolutely nothing about what went on in ref to Butch's tenure and him leaving, except the falsehoods a bunch of people Love to spew....
Look here you old ******* I've been goin to games since I could walk. I can't help what decade I was born in. I said 30+ years. What really could an 8 year old know? Ya'll are acting like you know who killed JFK. By all means, set the record straight.

Advertisement
Back