A myth that needs to die

Advertisement
And recruiting a place he really has no previous ties to. Like i said, people over hype things players don't care about. The biggest negative recruiting tool against Miami is the garbage play on Saturdays. Also i don't know if anyone knows but is Miami requiring higher academic numbers than the NCAA? GPA specifically. Merriwether said something about that when Donna came in. That **** needs to go if its still there

I would put those 5 and a few more guys. I would take both Iowa guys before him personally, stoops, lane, dabo too
Yea I forgot about Dabo. I put Mario’s recruiting above the other guys except Lane. He could be better I guess for me, except Mario winning two conference titles tips the scales. Not saying Lane can’t but until he does it has to matter for something.

Advertisement
You mean like Saban, Beamer, Bob Stoops, and Bobby Bowden?Some may have stayed a little long, but competence and continuity can be synonymous.
How often do you see it now? Saban is the exception. Different times. Systems get stale, Saban keeps rolling because he has to continuously hire new staff which IMO keeps it fresh. Those guys go out on the bottom more often than not, look at Patterson at TCU. Complacency is what I fear.

Yea I forgot about Dabo. I put Mario’s recruiting above the other guys except Lane. He could be better I guess for me, except Mario winning two conference titles tips the scales. Not saying Lane can’t but until he does it has to matter for something.
But I do this weird thing in my head that maybe I should expound on. I only rank coaches as it relates to Miami. What I mean when I say that is that I believe Miami recruits itself if you’re winning. We don’t need elite recruiting but it sure is welcome. We just need a product to sell

Advertisement
Best viable option on the West Coast + Nike hype machine = good recruiting for Mario

Still had no business losing to Stanford
They downplay it to prop him up.

Again im not propping anyone about recruiting from...BAMA.

Mario can recruit for sure...but alot of it is overhyped because its his main selling point and wone of the only things he is really good at.

But I do this weird thing in my head that maybe I should expound on. I only rank coaches as it relates to Miami. What I mean when I say that is that I believe Miami recruits itself if you’re winning. We don’t need elite recruiting but it sure is welcome. We just need a product to sell
I can understand that thinking. I’m personally not very high on Campbell. He’s definitely a good coach but I think the he’s winning at Iowa State thing is overplayed a bit. Especially after this season.

Advertisement
Mario's going to have to work double time to find kids with that attitude, which was impressive and I'd guess cultivated way before he got to Mario.
And likely a west coast kid.

These kids will tone out Mario and his antics if you aint winning....thats what happened at FIU

Advertisement
Leave it to Miami fans to bash the University for prioritizing a:
Top 10 HC
Elite recruiter
2x Conference Champion (about to win 3rd)
4-1 vs top 10
Respected in the football community
Learned under Saban
Played for JJ
Former player
Hometown guy

We don’t deserve him.

Just wait if Mario loses another game (which we need) the Miami fan base will come out in full force.

If he wins out, Oregon makes the playoff he will not leave and the Miami fan base will bash him for not coming home.

I can understand that thinking. I’m personally not very high on Campbell. He’s definitely a good coach but I think the he’s winning at Iowa State thing is overplayed a bit. Especially after this season.
Fair enough. I think this coaching search should be much more extensive than it will ultimately be but we’re going to end up with a good coach no matter what

So 9 is closer to 25 than 8? 😭😭😭😭😭
It flucuates slightly year to year but generally top 8 classes have more "cant" miss higher ranked prospects who test through the roof and are evaluated on the national level. Classes ranked 9-25 are peppered with kids who are ranked high but generally require more devolpment and require good coaching to reach their potential. Theyre also ranked more at the regional level.

The difference in averaging a #12 ranked class vs a #5 ranked class over 5 year period is at least 8-10 differnce makers. So ya....theres levels to this ****.

Advertisement
Back